PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 5 - Dubai - 6/1/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 5 - Dubai - 6/1/16 @ 8:00pm

Nov 18, 2015
I don't think it's the signal to the router as I always have upwards of 95 percent signal but I don't think my landlord would appreciate a massive long wire going all the way through the house. Also last Wednesday and this Wednesday are the only times its ever happened to me before. I race during the week with 6 or 7 friends on psn and never have a problem. It's bloody frustrating.
Suggest you get a hardline extender. I recently changed provider to Sky and their router is pants. I had to get a hardline extender as my router is in the front hall and my PS4 is in the attic. Using the hardline extender (not wifi extender) I'm getting 37Mb downloads at the console. I found that the wifi extender I was using was only delivering <1Mb at the console and I couldn't get online at all.

None of this network tomfoolery has made me a better driver, however, which was disappointing.

Having said that, the pcars-only issue is weird. I wonder if it's a timing thing. You might consider using the Wifi Analyzer app to see which are the most congested channels in your area and then configure your router to use a less congested one. Channel congestion & interference is quite often the cause for a wifi signal that varies in strength from one minute to the next.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452178874][/DOUBLEPOST]
Q:8. Did a PB, but was disappointed to be so far down. @David Harrop beat my time by 0.07.

R: 7. Made setup changes before the race and was a terrible decision. It made the rear end uncontrollable at all speeds. I did have some great difts, however they cost me a tone of time and ruined my tires.

Start was average and just tried to get into a rhythm but did not like the car or track so was finding hard to keep up with the faster guys and made a handful of mistakes. Lap 14 my tires were in worse condition than the tires I had at the end of the last race which did 30 laps.

After the pit stop I didn't have much action. @mpc-v1 had an incident which put me up a position but I had to blow it 2 laps before the end. I hope I can have a more exciting race at Brands Hatch

Congrats to @Hugh263 for another win
I think I only improved on my first quali lap by 1/10 as well. Ridiculously close.

CragglesD

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 22, 2014
Good race was it?

Went to the doctor's today. Got flu and tonsillitis. Given penicillin. Good job I went. But gonna be rough for a while.

Bankai_Bullett

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Good race was it?

Went to the doctor's today. Got flu and tonsillitis. Given penicillin. Good job I went. But gonna be rough for a while.
11219643_1641267982751493_71705025089364334_n.jpg

ANTONIOS1978

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Q. 3rd (wasnt my best lap but )

R. 2nd,

I had a bad start and after 1st corner was 8th. i had problem with my car voice. cant hear good when cars was near with me. anyway i managed to close the gup after colitions from guys in front of me and take 2nd place with @chris130256 just behind and pushed me ALL THE TIME !! great battle great fun but really exhausting..!I had forgotten the first place when realized that @Hugh263 didnt pit in . closed the gup but not enough laps . 5 or six laps before the end my tyres gone off and lose time. i was lucky as @chris130256 had penalty and stay 2nd.

really enjoyed this race and i had a pontium for my first official race in 2016!!!
race start 22.40
HAPPY NEA YEAR TO ALL AND GOOD RACES!! THANKS AOR !!
[DOUBLEPOST=1452182868][/DOUBLEPOST]
@ANTONIOS1978 I watched your stream on my phone after my Internet went. It was pretty eventful in the 1st half of the race for you. Must have been an enjoyable race for you :)
thanks for watcing m8. wish no problems to you for next races..
yes it was very good race after a bad start ... really enjoyed it!!

Last edited:

Bankai_Bullett

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
So errr, note to self: Don't try and race after spending nigh on 30 hours awake... Doesn't end well lol

Q: Yeah uh.... I'ma just going to go ahead and forget that lol

R: Boring... Spent a couple of laps all over the back of Milligan, but span coming out of the 2nd to last corner and that put paid to that battle. Had pace enough for 8th and that was it.... Oh well

Apologies to @ANTONIOS1978 if I held you up. Couldn't tell if you were a car lapping me or if you were a faster lapped car lol

Hopefully my car will be better at Brands... He says, wishing it so lol

P.S. Results have been updated. @Hugh263 is looking solid for the championship by Hockenhiem or Snetterton if he keeps up his Hamilton like series of wins lol

Last edited:

Hugh263

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
P.S. Results have been updated. @Hugh263 is looking solid for the championship by Hockenhiem or Snetterton if he keeps up his Hamilton like series of wins lol
Don't compare me to that douche bag! :D :stig:

I'm on holiday and will miss the Snetterton race so I'm expecting a blood bath for that P1 spot haha!

Bankai_Bullett

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Don't compare me to that douche bag! :D :stig:

I'm on holiday and will miss the Snetterton race so I'm expecting a blood bath for that P1 spot haha!
Hamilton's awesome....
I have know idea how you could say such a thing!
*Runs off sobbing*

And I disagree your disagreement @iJokeri22 :cool:

Last edited:

Marc

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2015
Had a good qualify position started in 6th then the guy that was 12th on grid ran is off the track on turn 4 on first lap ,forgot to but enough fuel in me car on warm up session so had to pit by this time I was last then when I pitted around lap 20 for fresh tyres I get an announcement having trouble removing wheel nut sit tight. For f*** sake can anything else go wrong ended up 10th lol

Marc

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2015
Hugh I got t150 trying to adjust me wheel abit to get me feel from the car as it feels too heavy any links or tips would be great. Ps how come I qualified 6th n wasn't shown on table before race ?

Hugh263

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Hugh I got t150 trying to adjust me wheel abit to get me feel from the car as it feels too heavy any links or tips would be great.
I don't know much about the wheel setup, literally the only thing I've done is lower the master scale because my wheel tends to overheat and loose power/FFB.

Ps how come I qualified 6th n wasn't shown on table before race ?
Really sorry mate, I've gotten you and Jordan Wilson mixed up...Too many usernames to remember :sorry:

rickwales

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 18, 2015
Marc, next time we are both on I can give you my settings to try

Nov 18, 2015

Marc

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2015
David u got t150?

Marc

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2015
Just tried Milligan settings seems better, you using same settings I.e globel ones?

Nov 18, 2015
Just tried Milligan settings seems better, you using same settings I.e globel ones?
Yeah, but reduced Force Feedback as it was too strong for my taste. Felt like I was wrestling an alligator round the track.

Marc

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2015
Ok what ya setting then also u fiddled with the in car settings like master scale,fx,fz, etc scales ?

Nov 18, 2015
Ok what ya setting then also u fiddled with the in car settings like master scale,fx,fz, etc scales ?
Jesus, no!

Dammit Jim. I'm a gamer, not a rocket scientist. Best advice I can give you is not to trust anyone who DOES know what it all means. They're probably a wizard or evil genius of some sort.