PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 6 - Brands Hatch GP - 13/1/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 6 - Brands Hatch GP - 13/1/16 @ 8:00pm

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Didn't have a great quali was half second of my PB as for the race managed to get into 3rd by turn 2, then chris went off & was chasing Antonio with Bankai_Bullett right behind,
Then Antonio went wide giving me the lead, think Bankai had a bit of an off as Hugh & chris got past, was managing to keep a gap of 2-3 secs
Then think lap 12 or 13 going round the hairpin hit the invisible wall :banghead: & Hugh & chris past me,
That was the best part of the race for me as pitted lap 22 to only go & make silly mistake coming out of the pits looked at my minimap to see who was coming & hit the armco :blackeye:
So if there's a trophy for wally of the day think it goes to me,

Well done @chris130256 on the win well deserved

Last edited:

rickwales

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Nov 18, 2015
@Milligan no worries bud, i have raced enough with you to know that your a safe driver so any contact would be unintentional.
Quali went OK, was on a quicker lap but ran out oif time so 11th or 12th on the grid,
R10th, had safe start dropping back to 15th then like a parting of the waves cars drifted off the track and I found myself going quite well in 8th place, there's some good battles around the 8th to 12th in field,
in the last few laps I gained on @mgdunn22 and was right on his tail, made a mistake then let Lappers through but lost 10 seconds,
Overall pleased with 10th with great battles along the way

Reactions: Marc

Hugh263

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Q:2 R:2
Happy with P2 in quali and to get into the 23's was what I wanted. In warm up, the car felt great and did a lap only 0.1 off my quali lap.
In the race, got a scrappy start with a bit of a coming together with @ANTONIOS1978 and almost spinning in turn 2. I tried to settle into a rhythm, but all I could manage was flickering between the 25's and 26's (I think I manged 4 laps in the 24's(very poor consistency)). Me and @chris130256 had a coming together at turn 2 around lap 16 where I decided to spin and stop right on the apex causing probably the slowest T-bone you'll see :sorry:. I knew he had the better pace and didn't seem to be making as many mistakes as me so once he got past, I knew he'd gradually pull away.
Congrats @chris130256 I won't lie, a piece of me was praying for an invisible wall :p
Happy with P2 however, it was an annoying race for me with so many offs/mistakes, but it seems like we were all suffering.
Next up, Hockenheim...in the wet YAY! :meh:

Last edited:

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Well that was..... exhausting! (Pun totally intended)
I swear, I must've blinked only about 4 or 5 times during the whole first half of the race lol

Q: 4th..... THAT'S RIGHT, THE TANK WAS ACTUALLY QUICK!!!

R: Had a better start than @Hugh263 in front of me, but got cut off trying to get through so hung back a little, lost a place in the scramble, but made it through the first lap unscathed... Go me!!!
So, got back my 4th place back and settled in for a bit to see what happened up ahead (With a bloody Aston all over my ass btw) and that was a good move on my part it seemed... @chris130256 I think lost it so I moved up to 3rd and thought to myself "No time like the present eh" and started to put pressure on @Newy656, who in turn put pressure on @ANTONIOS1978...
This went on for a few laps until Mr. RUF understeered off track and we were able to slip through... Now by this time I'm all fuzzy with excitement... Podium finish, champagne, girls! :cool: Awesome...
This feeling went on for exactly 28 seconds, because I clipped the grass, span, swore, and that was my podium dream done :banghead:

Rest of the race was me pretty much on my own, apart from a bit of clusterf*ck with @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o after I tried to make a bit of a pass that would have been EPIC had it gone through lol (6 of one there I think)
Every person I caught up with after that pitted, so no battles... Which was probably for the best on this track lol
Finished 4th... Soooo close! But very happy with it :)

Well done to @chris130256 for the win, @Hugh263 & @ANTONIOS1978 for the remaining steps (y)

P.S. The top 6 in Quali finished in the same positions in race... Don't think that's happened before in the 3 seasons lol

Last edited:

David Harrop

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 18, 2015
Q: 8th
R: 7th
Most eventful race of the season for me as I actually got to race other cars. Fantastic. Props to @mgdunn22, @Marc and my teammate @Milligan (sorry your game crashed) for some hard but fair battles for a good portion of the race. Thought I might have had a chance of catching @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o but he was too quick for me and gapped me until the end.

I thought this would be a nightmare track for lapping cars, but everyone was very well behaved, especially @Alex Varic (sounds like you had a tough race, bud). Was ridiculous in the last couple of laps as I was lapping whilst being lapped. Didn't know which way was up.

Well done @chris130256 - the Silver Arrow.

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Most pointless race ever. 9 laps down I think. Smashed off at start then spin, crash, spin, crash. Think pitted 5 times.

Glad that's over.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali... Pole
The car felt like it had less grip than it had practicing? Ended up around 0.5 sec of my pb but good enough to be at the front.

Race... 1st

I had zero grip for the first 3 laps and was off the track 3 times putting me in 6th. Had a battle with Young Dave but got past him at turn 1 when he went wide. I saw him spin off the track but there had been no contact so I carried on. 4 or 5 laps later I was in 3rd behind Hugh and chasing Newy. We didn't seem to be catching him and thought he had a great chance of the win. Unfortunately he had some of my luck and hit an invisible wall. When will they sort this problem out? It ruins the racing! Unlucky mate! Then spent the rest of the race either right behind Hugh or just in front (until the last lap). We both had some scary moments passing back markers. really tough race. Max concentration full time. Unbelievable that they used to have the F1 Grand Prix here?
That now makes me AOR's oldest winner at 59 years 11 months?
Dedicate the win to my hero DB.

rickwales

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Nov 18, 2015
Dedicate the win to my hero DB.[/QUOTE]

I know your secret and about to share it with the world.
Your driving under the influence of Southern Comfort

Marc

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 8, 2015
Q: 8th
R: 7th
Most eventful race of the season for me as I actually got to race other cars. Fantastic. Props to @mgdunn22, @Marc and my teammate @Milligan (sorry your game crashed) for some hard but fair battles for a good portion of the race. Thought I might have had a chance of catching @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o but he was too quick for me and gapped me until the end.

I thought this would be a nightmare track for lapping cars, but everyone was very well behaved, especially @Alex Varic (sounds like you had a tough race, bud). Was ridiculous in the last couple of laps as I was lapping whilst being lapped. Didn't know which way was up.

Well done @chris130256 - the Silver Arrow.
Was great battling with you, you were all over me ass at one point, n I was on yours , you kept putting pressure on me causing me to make few mistakes but was all fair n good race well done.

• Friendly
Reactions: David Harrop

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Quali... Pole
The car felt like it had less grip than it had practicing? Ended up around 0.5 sec of my pb but good enough to be at the front.

Race... 1st

I had zero grip for the first 3 laps and was off the track 3 times putting me in 6th. Had a battle with Young Dave but got past him at turn 1 when he went wide. I saw him spin off the track but there had been no contact so I carried on. 4 or 5 laps later I was in 3rd behind Hugh and chasing Newy. We didn't seem to be catching him and thought he had a great chance of the win. Unfortunately he had some of my luck and hit an invisible wall. When will they sort this problem out? It ruins the racing! Unlucky mate! Then spent the rest of the race either right behind Hugh or just in front (until the last lap). We both had some scary moments passing back markers. really tough race. Max concentration full time. Unbelievable that they used to have the F1 Grand Prix here?
Congratz m8 still beat all the youngsters :D

Reactions: chris130256

David Harrop

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 18, 2015
I know your secret and about to share it with the world.
Your driving under the influence of Southern Comfort[/QUOTE]
Thought he would have been more of a Babycham man, myself.

Reactions: chris130256

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
I'm chalking it down to you not seeing me when you turned in lol
Didn't have a clue you were there tbh. I saw you were in my mirrors before braking and thought you far enough behind then looked to the corner, turned in and you were there. Stayed out for an extra lap for some reason (no idea why) and you took me in the pits. That's when I decided to go on to mediums to try and finish the race so then I was miles off the pace. It looked promising for me this race, but I finished where I started :(.

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
I thought you'd got lucky and not got any damage lol
And finishing 6th is better than not finishing at all right (y)
I suppose. I feel i should have been a bit higher in qually cause I was 8 tenths off my pb which I set half an hour prior to qually. Just kept making mistakes being too cautious in the race.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
I suppose. I feel i should have been a bit higher in qually cause I was 8 tenths off my pb which I set half an hour prior to qually. Just kept making mistakes being too cautious in the race.
I think being cautious was the right thing to do at this track tbh
Apart from our coming together, I was driving as cautiously fast as I could lol

David Harrop

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 18, 2015
Didn't have a clue you were there tbh. I saw you were in my mirrors before braking and thought you far enough behind then looked to the corner, turned in and you were there. Stayed out for an extra lap for some reason (no idea why) and you took me in the pits. That's when I decided to go on to mediums to try and finish the race so then I was miles off the pace. It looked promising for me this race, but I finished where I started :(.
You were on the mediums and I still couldn't catch you!? I hate my mclaren :(