PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 7 - Hockenheim GP - 20/1/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 7 - Hockenheim GP - 20/1/16 @ 8:00pm

Bankai_Bullett

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Round 7 - Hockenheim GP
GT3 Season 3

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 20th January 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 38 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
2 weather slots:
- Light Rain
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (x5 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 04:00
- Anticipated race start time: 04:00
- Anticipated race finish time: 09:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the weather conditions and x5 time progression.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Weather Conditions: This race will feature driving in the rain and early hours of the morning, therefore make sure you have a button assigned for the Windscreen Wipers and Headlights.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Alex Varic

GP2 Test Driver
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
What times lads?

Bankai_Bullett

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Last edited:

Bankai_Bullett

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015

CragglesD

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 22, 2014
This can't be any worse than Brand Hatch. I want a podium...

chris130256

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Feckin' dark though...

Stupid to have this race starting at 4am in January! I say we set it for 20th June! As is, there is no circuit lighting on nearly all the corners, so its guesswork judging them. It'll still be dark with the June setting for quali and the 1st 3rd race but we would get closer, better racing for longer.

Alex Varic

GP2 Test Driver
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Stupid to have this race starting at 4am in January! I say we set it for 20th June! As is, there is no circuit lighting on nearly all the corners, so its guesswork judging them. It'll still be dark with the June setting for quali and the 1st 3rd race but we would get closer, better racing for longer.
No but then I wouldn't do well, and that's far more important :D. I don't understand what you guys have against night driving though. I find it just like driving in the day...

chris130256

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
No but then I wouldn't do well, and that's far more important :D. I don't understand what you guys have against night driving though. I find it just like driving in the day...

I enjoy close, fair racing which is much harder to do when you can't reference braking points. It is not realistic to start a race at 4am in January.

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
I enjoy close, fair racing which is much harder to do when you can't reference braking points. It is not realistic to start a race at 4am in January.
I have to agree with you there @chris130256 don't particularly like the night races, much prefer normal start times, I like the weather inclusion but only maybe 3 races max, hope season 4 we have a rethink on it all

Lorrentz

F1 Test Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I have to agree with you there @chris130256 don't particularly like the night races, much prefer normal start times, I like the weather inclusion but only maybe 3 races max, hope season 4 we have a rethink on it all
Yeah it has been discussed allready...I will take all the comments toward's the cods...I agree it should be changed a bit for S4.

Nov 18, 2015
Couldn't agree more. I joined to race against other competitors, not the conditions. In fact, I believe that introducing difficult conditions favours the better drivers instead of acting like the leveller I suspect it's being used as.

Weather varies at any time of the day. I've no problem with that, it's a fact of life. Starting races at 04:00 is arbitrary. Would like to see this changed next season.

Alex Varic

GP2 Test Driver
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
You need to get your cough sorted. no more fainting at the next race :wtf:
I'm doing just that cause I got fed up! I had a virus at the same time :(:rage::wtf:
So... Dubai 24hr and chill then

Milligan

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
I have done some rain practice and have got the car to feel quiet good. With race fuel I set a 1:46:0 and a 1:45:0 with quali fuel with some room for improvement. I feel quiet happy with that but know @Hugh263, @chris130256 and others will be setting laps 3 or 4 seconds quicker than me and will lap me within 5 laps.

I need a new McLaren, one with a bigger engine and more downforce ;)

iJokeri22

Moderator & Former PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Couldn't agree more. I joined to race against other competitors, not the conditions. In fact, I believe that introducing difficult conditions favours the better drivers instead of acting like the leveller I suspect it's being used as.

Weather varies at any time of the day. I've no problem with that, it's a fact of life. Starting races at 04:00 is arbitrary. Would like to see this changed next season.
Dont worry guys as @Lorrentz said this is being looked in to for next season so there shouldn't be as many dark races plus it will be spring/summer soon which will help as well. :)

chris130256

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
I have done some rain practice and have got the car to feel quiet good. With race fuel I set a 1:46:0 and a 1:45:0 with quali fuel with some room for improvement. I feel quiet happy with that but know @Hugh263, @chris130256 and others will be setting laps 3 or 4 seconds quicker than me and will lap me within 5 laps.

I need a new McLaren, one with a bigger engine and more downforce ;)

I've done 45's so far but don't expect to be much faster (mid 44's maybe)? Whats much more important here is to get pit strategy right! Very difficult to judge when to change to softs.