PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 7 - Hockenheim GP - 20/1/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 7 - Hockenheim GP - 20/1/16 @ 8:00pm

CragglesD

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 22, 2014
Q 4th : R 2nd

Well that was eventful. First quali: 44.9 - pleased with and was sure was going to be 2nd. But dropped to 4th. Still, content with that.

Race: a good start and up to 3rd. Looked behind me down the straight and 4th place and the rest were a good 1.5-2s back, so thought safe from behind... But no, chaos at the hairpin! I've watched the replay. I didn't get hit from behind at the hairpin, which I'd assumed had happened even though I'd felt nothing. What happened, was Hugh (I think) broke late for the hairpin. He then got a tap from Newy who flew in and massively overshot the hairpin! I was on the outside of Hugh and his knock pushed him into me slightly and prevented us both turning into the hairpin properly. This forced me wide, which stupidly gave me a 5s penalty. As I returned to track, going slowly, someone was blinded and rammed my arse! This is what damaged my steering. I probably should have stayed closer to the side of the track.

Tried to persist but the car was too difficult to drive, especially left handers in the stadium - the car just wanted to spin, and I got in a few scrapes with people I think.

After 5 laps I decided enough was enough and pitted. Should have done this on lap 1. Came out last, 30s behind Newy.

Thereafter, the wet portion of the race was spent catching the pack, which I did by lap 15 or so. Had some good battles with Newy. Pitted lap 19 for dries - Newy a lap after. I knew that was about the right time. It's slippy on the brakes but you have enough grip to be easily quicker compared to the overheating wets.

Newy and I caught Hugh in 1st, who was a lap ahead. Inexplicably he refused to pit 3 laps in a row. You'd have thought he'd have realised we were on dries and way quicker.

Bit of chaos then as we wanted to unlap ourselves, while fighting for position, but not wanting to affect the leader.

Eventually I passed Hugh. I looked back and he was sideways. Had felt nothing but feared I had tapped him. Slowed down (letting Newy passed again) but figured Hugh had pitted so carried on. Unluckily him and Young Dave had the stuck in the pits bug and were out of the race.

Anyway, suddenly found myself in 4th. Caught and passed Prehn. Assassin in 2nd, 10s ahead. Was lapping similar pace but eventually brought the gap down until he span when 5s ahead.

So I was amazingly 2nd. Chris was 1 minute ahead. I brought that down to 50s by the flag.

Glad to have such a strong recovery drive but a couple of others had issues, which helped. But it was a shame not to have a clean race as I think I had the pace to have had a good fight for the win with Chris and Hugh. So that could have been a classic fight.

Well done Chris for back-to-back wins. Looks like you ran a smooth race and dominated - a bit like my Sonoma race!

Last edited:

Hugh263

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Q 4th : R 2nd
But no, chaos at the hairpin! I've watched the replay. I didn't get hit from behind at the hairpin, which I'd assumed had happened even though I'd felt nothing. What happened, was Hugh (I think) broke late for the hairpin. He then got a tap from Newy who flew in and massively overshot the hairpin! I was on the outside of Hugh and his knock pushed him into me slightly and prevented us both turning into the hairpin properly.
The replays are messed up, Antionos' car isn't even in the replay and I had a McLaren on my inside of the hairpin that's also invisible.

No words...Was taking it easy behind Chris and looked after my tyres well. I knew the track was still a bit wet so waited out a few extra laps. As I went into the pits, I checked over my pit strategy and the game froze in that menu screen :rage: The exact same thing happened to @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o ... Patch 8 is awesome (y)

rickwales

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 18, 2015
Q11 R8
Not very impressed with drivers that should no better, taken out twice in first 5 laps ,
Dropped from 7th to 11th the first time dropped 1 place the second time.
I have enjoyed the racing so far but unless things improve this will be my first and last season,
Well done to chris130256 again, adding to the oldest winner in the league by another week.
Unlucky to Dave and Hugh for gremlins

Bankai_Bullett

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Q11 R8
Not very impressed with drivers that should no better, taken out twice in first 5 laps ,
Dropped from 7th to 11th the first time dropped 1 place the second time.
I have enjoyed the racing so far but unless things improve this will be my first and last season,
Well done to chris130256 again, adding to the oldest winner in the league by another week.
Unlucky to Dave and Hugh for gremlins
There was bad driving?

Bankai_Bullett

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Sounds like it lol

CragglesD

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 22, 2014
There was bad driving?
He's probably referring to me during the early laps when my car was damaged. I was certainly annoyed and had my elbows out, trying to recover ground. But it was in terms of closing the door type thing, not ramming someone. But mostly I simply wasn't in proper control of the car as my steering was badly damaged. A small steering input sometimes had a massive effect as the car swung all over the place. Should have pitted on lap 1.

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Q:7
R:DNF

I was feeling pretty confident about this race as I have done thousands of laps on this track in the past and know it very well.

In qualifying had a bit of a disaster and was quite a way off the pace. Had to settle for 7th. Mid pack was not where I wanted to be especially with turn 1 coming so quickly I thought there was bound to be contact. Miraculously I came out of turn 3 in the position I started and by the end of the lap I was challenging @Hugh263 for 3rd. That was until I went wide on the final corner.

The 1st few laps consisted of me making mistakes and letting @mpc-v1 and @TheAssasin170 through and then catching and retaking them. It was fun but frustrating.

After that I was pretty much on my own for long periods of time just trying to be consistent with my lap times which I feel I did a good job of, apart from a few mistakes here and there.

Then we get to the pits. A time to take a quick chill before the final stint. Well that didn't happen. As I entered the pits I did what I always do and check the pit strategy to make sure nothing had been changed due to a pcars bug or something. That's when it happened. My game froze on the strategy screen. I tried everything to get it off but it wasn't having it. That was my race over.

Exactly 1 lap later @Hugh263 unmuted me and said he had the same problem. Devastated isn't the word as we were on for a quite comfortable double podium and a room of points. Ah well. Let's hope Snetterton is kind to team Cool Beans. Thanks for the race anyway guys.

If anyone is interested here's my perspective of the race.
Race start: 25mins
Pit stop: 1.06.00

CragglesD

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 22, 2014
Then we get to the pits. A time to take a quick chill before the final stint. Well that didn't happen. As I entered the pits I did what I always do and check the pit strategy to make sure nothing had been changed due to a pcars bug or something. That's when it happened. My game froze on the strategy screen. I tried everything to get it off but it wasn't having it. That was my race over.
Someone said they think with patch 8 they reverted back to the tyre model of patch 6 (got no proof of that). But I'm wondering if they also reverted back others things, including the the pit stop menu freeze bug. I've had it before in Formula C but thought it had been fixed.

Nov 18, 2015
Quali: 9th
Race: 6th

Race:
Another good start, making up 1.5 places, but threw them away down the main straight. Coming out of the hairpin directly behind a Z4 (@Newy656 I think ), he jinked right to avoid someone who had received a penalty and was continuining on the racing line. The replay shows it was @ANTONIOS1978 but I would've sworn it was a Z4 during the race, @CragglesD I think. I'd little time to react and smacked him up the arse, damaging my aero. Lost about 10-15mph on the straights and some downforce, so got mullered by those behind me over the next 2 laps. Decided to pit for repairs and came out last, a few seconds behind @CragglesD. He jaunted off until a few laps later where @rickwales and @CragglesD had obviously had a coming together on the final corner - @rickwales was up against the wall and @CragglesD in the middle of the pit straight. I stuck to the racing line, but unfortunately @CragglesD decided to rejoin the racing line at the same time I was passing and going much faster. Avoiding action took me onto the grass and I lost ground again. After that it was a very lonely race, except for the occasional bit of action with @rickwales. My pit strategy (get in early when the rain was easing off) worked and I was lapping in the 1:40.0 area in softs and quicker than those in front, very happy with that, but was way too far behind to worry them. The unlucky demise of @Hugh263 and @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o gave me two places.

Congrats to @chris130256 on his back to back wins and to @CragglesD and @Marc for the podiums, good driving lads.

Hosting:
Never hosting again. Sent multiple invites to @mgdunn22, but I don't know if he got them or not. @Barker95 was not online and I owe a massive apology to @SmudgerFez. I thought I had everyone in my friends list when I sent out the invites. I obviously did not. Total oversight on my part. What with patch 8.0 downloading and testing it's affects I got distracted from my responsibilities as host. By the time @Bankai_Bullett told me of the omission, a friend request was sent and @SmudgerFez had accepted it, we were in the warm up and no longer had the option to send an invite.

I'll hold my hands up here. I'm guessing @SmudgerFez is in it for the racing like me, so feel free to donate my points from the race to his total as punishment. Unless you can think of some other way I can make this up to him.

@SmudgerFez, did you see my forum post yesterday asking for friend requests?

Attachments

SmudgerFez

Formula Karter
May 28, 2015
@David Harrop Apology accepted, it's not the end of the world and don't worry about the points these things happen and I probably was a bit OTT, although I was miffed as it was a bad day and I was looking forward to the race.

I'm certainly not the fasted by any means, but I race for the clean, fun and enjoyment.

To be honest, nobody ever thanks the host for organising these events, so don't let my moaning put you off fella.

No worries, happy days and there is always the next round :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1453369338][/DOUBLEPOST]@David Harrop Forgot to say, no I didn't see your message for friend request, wasnt really online, I check these forums when I can but its not always feasible..

chris130256

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Quali ...2nd
Post patch I didn't practice quali much just concentrated on race pace. My wheel didn't inspire confidence, so some work to do there. Ended up about a second slower than my pre patch time.

Race... 1st

Got the jump on Hugh and managed to pull about a 3 second gap over the next 5 laps. It stayed like that 'till lap 18 when my tyres went off then was under massive pressure from Hugh. I was all over the place in left handers' cause I'd pumped up the front right tyre to 2.10 to stop it from wearing too quick. Pitted lap 22 and surprised that Hugh didn't pit for another 2 laps? Hugh and Dave's pit bug hit and from watching Daves replay I see its the same that I suffered at Samoens! I'm wondering if its anything to do with PCars? That was the only time I've used it in a race and it happened. I haven't used it since, only in practice. Unlucky guys. The win felt a little false under those circumstances.
After that, I was one minute ahead of 2nd, so drove carefully hoping not to hit any bloody invisible walls. I'd hit 2 in practice on this circuit post patch, so I knew the race wasn't over 'till I'd crossed the line. I'm not feeling elated by this victory, unlike last week! I wish they'd get these problems sorted, as its ruining races!

Well done to Craggles for 2nd and brilliant that Marc got his 1st podium.

Hugh263

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Pitted lap 22 and surprised that Hugh didn't pit for another 2 laps? Hugh and Dave's pit bug hit and from watching Daves replay I see its the same that I suffered at Samoens! I'm wondering if its anything to do with PCars? That was the only time I've used it in a race and it happened. I haven't used it since, only in practice. Unlucky guys. The win felt a little false under those circumstances.
Cheers man, to be honest I was kinda waitind for something to happen this season - can't go 10 races without some sort of bug.
In my race sim, the track was still wet until lap 26 so I wasn't sure if the faster cars at that time were on inters or slicks so I wanted to hold out a few extra laps.
I wasn't sure what my pace was going to be in the dry and after losing a some valuable seconds staying on the wets, I doubt I would've been able to catch back up. A deserved win!

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Sorry David. Think it was me you were following out of the hairpin. Saw the car late and darted to the right. Thought the car behind me hit the slow moving one.

Nov 18, 2015
Sorry David. Think it was me you were following out of the hairpin. Saw the car late and darted to the right. Thought the car behind me hit the slow moving one.
Ha ha! Are you apologising for avoiding an accident? Lunatic :)

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Was a very eventful race for me as well, the patch totally messed up my wheel settings was like driving a double decker! Spent all the practice just trying to sort it out
Quali: with all the faffing about I was surprised to match my PB So was happy with 6th place, got away well & going down the straight towards the hairpin move to the right hoping to get inside line on Antonio but from that side couldn't find my braking marker & totally overshot the hairpin clipping @Hugh263 (Not seen the replay but sorry if I caused you to loose any places)
That put me last with craggles just in front but my setup was obviously pants cos I just couldn't keep the rears from glowing,
Like craggles said we had a couple of battles & managed to get the jump on him when I came out the pits but I kept locking my fronts on heavy braking,
With pit problems for Hugh & young dave I was very lucky to finish in 4th place, & @Prehn pitting on 2nd to last lap.
Congrats again to team mate chris on the win.
& by the way I've been using the pcars & crew chief running together & touch wood no problems so far.

Hugh263

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I've never used pCars dash, crew chief or HUD dash during a league race...pretty sure our bug is a patch 8 thing

Nov 18, 2015
I've never used pCars dash, crew chief or HUD dash during a league race...pretty sure our bug is a patch 8 thing
I like to think of these bugs as an in-built handicapping system that only affects the better drivers. Which is why I've been bug-free so far ;)

Jordan Wilson

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 2, 2015
@Marc and @Jordan Wilson can you confirm your availability for tonight's race, please?

FYI @Milligan @Newy656 @rickwales @chris130256 @mpc-v1 @Barker95 @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o @CragglesD @Prehn @Alex Varic @Marc @Jordan Wilson @mgdunn22 @ANTONIOS1978 @SmudgerFez

Amongst the updates I think the following are the most relevant:
  • Further adjustment of heating on under-inflated tires where it was reduced as part of the discontinuity fix.
  • Fixed long standing missing functionality in Thrustmaster PS4 implementation -- the ignore device gain setting was not being honoured meaning the soft lock was being applied at the master gain level instead of full gain.
Nothing about invisible walls though!

Thanks @Lorrentz
sorry am not able to race until all this snow has gone, ive had no wifi or connection for ages, im in costa on the other side of the country atm seeing family, sorry about that :/ could be March or April before i can race again at this rate, give my place up to somone else plz as i cant race