PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 9 - Watkins Glen GP - 3/2/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 9 - Watkins Glen GP - 3/2/16 @ 8:00pm

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Round 9 - Watkins Glen GP
GT3 Season 3

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 3rd February 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 35 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
2 weather slots:
- Heavy Cloud
- Light Cloud

In-game time-of-day information (x5 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 20:00
- Anticipated race start time: 20:00
- Anticipated race finish time: 01:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the weather conditions and x5 time progression.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Weather Conditions: This race will take place at night therefore make sure you have a button assigned for the Headlights.

Useful Links:

Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
Not sure I'll be able to make this race. Got a tone of course work and revision for next week. I'll be able to tell you if I'm racing by Monday.

• Informative
Reactions: Bankai_Bullett

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
What times?
and is the darkness difficult?
I've done low 44's atm... During the day that is, so I can get used to the track lol
I know I can do a 43 though, with some more setup work.
Pole in Season 1 was a mid-high 42, by an Audi... Aaaand I've got a good feeling about this track;)
Reckon pole will be a little off that this season, considering it's at night...
And yes, it's very dark lol

Not sure I'll be able to make this race. Got a tone of course work and revision for next week. I'll be able to tell you if I'm racing by Monday.
No worries bud(y)

Last edited:

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I've done low 44's atm... During the day that is, so I can get used to the track lol
I know I can do a low 43 though, with some more setup work.
Pole in Season 1 was a low 43, by an Audi... Aaaand I've got a good feeling about this track;)
Reckon pole will be a little off that this season, considering it's at night...
And yes, it's very dark lol

No worries bud(y)
SuperScrub was talking about doing 39s last night. :eek:

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Don't speak to soon wouldn't surprise me if the quick guys are below 1:40 but as I said I've never done a single lap of this track so I have no idea what a good time is. :)
Fastest times for the Z4 are low-mid 41's...
I find it impossible to believe that the guys in your league will get any lower than that.
Pole for you will be a 42 I bet, it being in the dark an' all...

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
So then, err, this happened...

12654617_1070621742957880_6608866369879726594_n.jpg

I know, it's daytime I'm just getting used to the track again and since it's a dry race, my setup work can be done at the same time;)

Now, I'm fully expecting a Z4 or two and @Hugh263 at least to be faster, but that's 6 tnths up on my time in the Aston from Season 1 so I'm happy about that!
Reckon I've got 2-4 tnths to gain from some tinkering and me hooking all my sectors together though lol

#UnstoppableBentleyThisTime :sneaky:

Reactions: David Harrop

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Good time Bullit.
Problem for this track (special info for Alex and the night race fans) is that, at night, there are 2 breaking areas that have no reference points at all, so it's too easy to get it wrong. This is a superb track but the racing will be ruined because its dark.
Pb of 1.43.5 so far in the dark.

• Informative

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
i did a 42.7 in season one....but i guess that was patch 1.0 or something like that lol so pole would probably be 40 high 41 low...

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Good time Bullit.
Problem for this track (special info for Alex and the night race fans) is that, at night, there are 2 breaking areas that have no reference points at all, so it's too easy to get it wrong. This is a superb track but the racing will be ruined because its dark.
Pb of 1.43.5 so far in the dark.
I've already done two full race simulations, no problems for me :p

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Not if my luck continues, every race this season has gone a little pear shaped.
I'm doing 44.2s in the night, I got the consistency trophy doing 45.4s on old tyres.
And definitely a no stop @Hugh263

Last edited:

David Harrop

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 18, 2015
i did a 42.7 in season one....but i guess that was patch 1.0 or something like that lol so pole would probably be 40 high 41 low...
Well **** - that's wiped the grin from my face when I did a 44.5 straight out of the box. Don't suppose you kept that mclaren setup by any chance?

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well **** - that's wiped the grin from my face when I did a 44.5 straight out of the box. Don't suppose you kept that mclaren setup by any chance?
season 1 I was driving the Audi in season 2 we didn't race on Watkins... so I have no Mclaren setup for that track

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Just noticed on the medication I got for my cough:
'warning, driving reactions may be impaired' :D

• Funny
Reactions: Lorrentz

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Just noticed on the medication I got for my cough:
'warning, driving reactions may be impaired' :D

Hmmm, drug assisted night vision eh Alex? Lol

Practice lunchtime today with Marc and Pete and got into the 42's at night. Not much more left. No way 41's for me.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Hmmm, drug assisted night vision eh Alex? Lol

Practice lunchtime today with Marc and Pete and got into the 42's at night. Not much more left. No way 41's for me.
Quali or race sim?

This is my best... Can't do any better tbh. Was 4am when I did it though lol
42.5.jpg