PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 S14 - Practice/Evaluation race - Watkins Glen - Tuesday 22 October 2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 S14 - Practice/Evaluation race - Watkins Glen - Tuesday 22 October 2019

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
dropped it thrice . But shaking the rust off . Thanks some good battles. The dirty air is a pig in the 2nd ' third corner. thanks

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I was only doing about 90mph mate so maybe bit fast, but I did form up at point and go as per thread, I dunno why everyone was so far behind watching it on ya stream..

Bodhie

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 26, 2019
What happened there guys? I got disconnected along with someone else. My guess is the yellow lambo parked on racing line at exit of quick chicane
Well, in my screen you parked your car at the entry of the chicane at the racing line... I think a little bit of desync between us caused the disconection for both.

Reactions: Khaled77

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I can confirm, he did go off throttle and slowed down at the formation zone.
I can confirm, he did go off throttle and slowed down at the formation zone.
but clearly wasn't slow enough for the field to form behind - we didn't get into position till after the last corner - it is the pole-sitters responsibility to ensure all drivers are in the train - the mini-map will show this

• Faff
Reactions: Gazza and Bodhie

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
In regards to the start and being on the last row. I didn't even have to slow down. Exited the final corner, floored it to catch up at the same moment the field went. It actually helped me jump a car at the start as I was already pretty much up to speed compared to a few jn front.

Reactions: Slicker

Gazza

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T1 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
but clearly wasn't slow enough for the field to form behind - we didn't get into position till after the last corner - it is the pole-sitters responsibility to ensure all drivers are in the train - the mini-map will show this
I was doing like 55mph aha, I ain’t gonna brake check everyone and cause a pile up ;)

In reality it was practice event, isn’t that what they are there for :)

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I was doing like 55mph aha, I ain’t gonna brake check everyone and cause a pile up ;)

In reality it was practice event, isn’t that what they are there for :)
we were strung out because you were too fast over the lap, i was often above 160km/h trying to keep up, i repeat it is the pole-sitters responsibility to ensure all drivers are in the train at the formation point.
and yes, this is what practice races are for and that's why i'm pointing it out to you now, so you don't make the same mistakes tonight

Reactions: Gazza

Gazza

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T1 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
we were strung out because you were too fast over the lap, i was often above 160km/h trying to keep up, i repeat it is the pole-sitters responsibility to ensure all drivers are in the train at the formation point.
and yes, this is what practice races are for and that's why i'm pointing it out to you now, so you don't make the same mistakes tonight
Yeah I hear you(y)
I love how you’ve assumed I’m gonna be on pole later also aha,

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Yeah I hear you(y)
I love how you’ve assumed I’m gonna be on pole later also aha,
look like it will be very close for pole in t1, but i think you've got a good chance

• Agree

papano92

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 19, 2018
Pace was slow to warm the tires at the formation lap...but I didn't checked the actual speed
And he slowed at the formation zone. P4 was a lot behind before last corner I think

Khaled77

GP2 Test Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Well, in my screen you parked your car at the entry of the chicane at the racing line... I think a little bit of desync between us caused the disconection for both.
That’s exactly how i saw you also, but you were at the chicane exit not entry.. weird..

Reactions: Bodhie