PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Season 15 - Round 3 - Ruapuna GP - 8 April 2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Season 15 - Round 3 - Ruapuna GP - 8 April 2020

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2019
After my pit crew refused to put any fuel in my lambo I ran the entire race in Lean Fuel mode.. Sorry to anyone I was battling with there was nothing I could do to be any faster shame as I felt a podium was achievable

• Sad
Reactions: Chickano

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Champion
Mar 28, 2016
Wow this was a strange one lol.

took a gamble and used hards in front and soft in the rear. Was involved in the startcrash tried to avoid @iSuperScrub and hit @Slicker gaven me damage in the front. Decided to pit after lap two cause i felt like i would loose a lot of time with the damage.

After that i could not change strategy anymore. Car felt actually pretty good the first part, gained time to the cars in front and was able to catch up. Was actually in front of @Archie619 and right behind my teammate @Prehn.

when the track cooled down i got problems with the fronts, had some nice battles on the way. Had different lines and different braking as mosts opponents so really sorry if i surprise anyone. Was not able to keep my pace and lost track position finishing up 8th.

What was the tire choice of you guys? Felt like the softs was the tire in the very end?

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Wasn't fun but I'll take the result. Avoided the start crash just, I think I went underneath a car lol settled into a steady pace. Made a few overtakes some through spinners ahead of me and a couple from a few moves myself.

Happy to have a clean race and get my first audi podium. Strategy could have been a little better but it worked almost as planned. Congrats to the rest of the podium.

My footage will be up tomorrow.

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2019
Did I jump the start? I though I had gone when IscrubSpinnyRoundGuy had put his cement boot down... Apologies if so dint count for much in the end pitcrew made sure of that.. Again sorry to anyone coming up on me I did my best.. And now I have had five mins to chill.. Congrats to all podium finishers (chick very impressive considering you got caught up in the drama) tbh my highlights of the Race is seeking Archie up in 3rd

Also I was on hards last night it looked to me like 90% of the feild were on Softs?!?

Last edited:

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Did I jump the start? I though I had gone when IscrubSpinnyRoundGuy had put his cement boot down... Apologies if so dint count for much in the end pitcrew made sure of that.. Again sorry to anyone coming up on me I did my best.. And now I have had five mins to chill.. Congrats to all podium finishers (chick very impressive considering you got caught up in the drama) tbh my highlights of the Race is seeking Archie up in 3rd

Also I was on hards last night it looked to me like 90% of the feild were on Softs?!?
Bad luck mate, hards front softs back for me.

• Informative
Reactions: JR-Lock-N-Load

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Looking at @Archie619 's vid lol brown pants moment there at the start. I unfortunately was tucked up behind you at the start and had no where to go but straight into a backwards facing merc. Sorry whoever that was, had no chance to avoid. Got 14 damage front I think and 7 on the rear as some poor sod rear ended me. . No option but to pit end of lap 1 and commit to one set of soft tyres for the whole race. The issue with this was I didn't put in any fuel. I knew it was a gamble - but that from Tuesday's practice I would only need to save about 3 litres so I went for it. Came out in 12th.

Spent the first 20 laps short shifting to save fuel and kept me head down, picked up a few spots form pitters. Forced @Spenced_7 into an error at turn 1, kept a gap to @JR-Lock-N-Load nip n tuck for a bit and stayed ahead thanks to my teamy @Slicker who helped me keep a gap in that battle. Came up to Giles in the lead and after a few laps thought all my Chritmas's had come when I saw him peel off into the pits. From here , I had about 5 secs gap tp @Prehn , but got a 1 sec penalty. Having added no fuel in my earlier stop, it was very tight, had to go lean for half a lap and rich for end of sector 3 / start sector 1 while doing the short shifting / lift n coast . Gap ebbed and flowed a lot and the pressure was immense. With about 4 laps to go I had enough fuel saved to go rich and push til the end and brought it home with 1.3 to spare. Tense, sweaty and unexpected win.

Congrats @Prehn and @Archie619 on the podiums, thanks to @FTR Liam (good comms dude thanks for that) and as always @Slicker for the host

Last edited:

Spenced_7

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 20, 2020
Looking at @Archie619 's vid lol brown pants moment there at the start. I unfortunately was tucked up behind you at the start and had no where to go but straight into a backwards facing merc. Sorry whoever that was, had no chance to avoid. Got 14 damage front I think and 7 on the rear as some poor sod rear ended me. . No option but to pit end of lap 1 and commit to one set of soft tyres for the whole race. The issue with this was I didn't put in any fuel. I knew it was a gamble - but that from Tuesday's practice I would only need to save about 3 litres so I went for it. Came out in 12th.

Spent the first 20 laps short shifting to save fuel and kept me head down, picked up a few spots form pitters. Forced @Spenced_7 into an error at turn 1, kept a gap to @JR-Lock-N-Load nip n tuck for a bit and stayed ahead thanks to my teamy @Slicker who helped me keep a gap in that battle. Came up to Giles in the lead and after a few laps thought all my Chritmas's had come when I saw him peel off into the pits. From here , I had about 5 secs gap tp @Prehn , but got a 1 sec penalty. Having added no fuel in my earlier stop, it was very tight, had to go lean for half a lap and rich for end of sector 3 / start sector 1 while doing the short shifting / lift n coast . Gap ebbed and flowed a lot and the pressure was immense. With about 4 laps to go I had enough fuel saved to go rich and push til the end and brought it home with 1.3 to spare. Tense, sweaty and unexpected win.

Congrats @Prehn and @Archie619 on the podiums, thanks to @FTR Liam (good comms dude thanks for that) and as always @Slicker for the host
Well done mate, brilliant drive, and to the other podium getters @Archie619 and @Prehn also a fantastic effort. Nice to see a couple of you had a dream race while a couple of us had a horror show haha! Hope I got out of everyone's way ok while being lapped. @giles1207 not sure what happened when you left the pit haha, maybe you were trying to go full left to get out of my way but I headed that way too

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Champion
Mar 28, 2016
Well done mate, brilliant drive, and to the other podium getters @Archie619 and @Prehn also a fantastic effort. Nice to see a couple of you had a dream race while a couple of us had a horror show haha! Hope I got out of everyone's way ok while being lapped. @giles1207 not sure what happened when you left the pit haha, maybe you were trying to go full left to get out of my way but I headed that way too
You was on hards wasnt you?

Spenced_7

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 20, 2020
You was on hards wasnt you?
I had hards on the right and softs on the left which worked beautifully while testing.

Pre race plan was to pit about lap 22 and do a tyre change also. But at that point the tyres felt good so I changed my mind to run the car low on fuel and do a top up towards the end. A couple of errors and tyres going off it all went horribly wrong.

Will stick to a plan next time, it sure was a race full of lessons for me!

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Can I change to Ferrari please, Lamborghini is to unpredictable and spins weird.

p.s might not be able to race for next Few weeks as I will be deployed at the nightingale hospital in Harrogate from Monday.

Reactions: Slicker