PC - AOR Radical SR3-RS - PC - Brands Hatch GP - 01.05.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Radical SR3-RS - PC - Brands Hatch GP - 01.05.19 @8pm UK time

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 1 - Brands Hatch GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 01 May 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45 PM UK-time
● Event starts: 8:00 PM UK-time
● Event format:
  • Qualifying: 15 minutes
  • Sprint race: 20 minutes (standing start)
  • Main race: 30 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race result in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
● In-game time-of-day information (Time Progression: Real Time // Weather Progression: Sync to Race):
  • Date: 17 July 2019
  • Qualifying time: 12:00 // Weather:
    Clear
  • Sprint race start time: 14:00 // Weather:
    Medium Cloud
  • Main race start time: 16:00 // Weather:
    Light Cloud
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
● Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 80mph/130kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances to drivers around them for tyre and braking warming.
● At the formation point, the leader will slow down to 50mph/80kph and the 2nd placed driver, will pull alongside to form a second train. Pole will ALWAYS start on the side where he can defend the inside to first corner.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the Tier Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.
● Main race startingorder (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed no show:
@igor55

Uninformed no show:
@Memefarmer [x1]
@Milogamer1986 [x1]
@Akashiro [x1]
@Landomx17 [x1]
@marcoboyle [x1]

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I should be able to race, but I'm feeling sick atm and if it doesn't improve by tommorow I fear I'll have to drop out :(
Just give me some confirmation tomorrow so I can call in another reserve to take your spot if you are still sick :)

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Just give me some confirmation tomorrow so I can call in another reserve to take your spot if you are still sick :)
If it's easier feel free to switch my position with the next reserve, then he knows he can race already. Because it's possible I can only decide at the last minute. (Sorry for being annoying :p)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
If it's easier feel free to switch my position with the next reserve, then he knows he can race already. Because it's possible I can only decide at the last minute. (Sorry for being annoying :p)
No no, it's fine. You are the first reserve, so you have the priority to race before any of the other reserves. No need to create confusion by changing that around :p

Reactions: igor55

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
No no, it's fine. You are the first reserve, so you have the priority to race before any of the other reserves. No need to create confusion by changing that around :p
I'm not going to be able to race, I think I'm just going to be a hazard on track. And I'm also not sure that if I start I'll be able to finish

Jordy van Oosten

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2016
looking forward to this one.
although i am wondering, does the game automatically adjust the amount of fuel and tyres to the set laps and weather conditions? since were using default setups.

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Didn't expect that!

Qualified as the penultimate guy, about 4 whole seconds off the pace (had no practice, i'll admit) but somehow managed to gain about 13 spots to finish within the lofty heights of P14 during the first race :LOL:

The second race started out really hectic, with people making do-or-die moves left right and center during lap 1 and 2, tapping me off the track 2 or 3 times. After awhile of racing I'd managed to get myself within 2-3s of the pace so I was able to participate in some insane battles (like a 2x2 formation through the right hander after the long straight).
Most of it was clean & fair racing, though one or two invididuals may want to drive more carefully next time, I even saw the guy behind me back off after seeing what the guy in front of me was doing at one point lol.
Nevertheless, I somehow managed to find myself in P9, where I had absolutely no right to be with my Williams-like pace :whistle:
Did have to fight for it though, had a really tense battle with @DaBirdski for the final few laps, he was much faster than me even with his damage lol.

Overall an unexpectedly good bit of racing in the car that I very much hate, quite glad to finish within a few positions of teammate @dakuza

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBirdski

guibZ

AOR PC Radical SR3 RS Champion
May 14, 2018
It was two really nice races :love: especially the second one with the inverted grid, really intense :eek:

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
It was fun :) I qualified somwhere in midfield, then managed to screw up the start (I forgot how to do standing starts it seems :-D ), but still gained some places in the sprint race. Had a nice battle with @aidtheace , who struggled with his car a bit, but still couldn't overtake him.
Main race was a bit worse. I was doing ok, gained some places from people spinning out and crashing, but then a backmarker spun in front of me and I couldn't avoid it. Ended up with 12% front damage and lack of top end speed. Still had some fun, until @atlasgehirn424 (I think it was you) pushed me off track in one of the two fast right handers. What have I done to deserve that? :D I lost a few places again and don't even remember where I finished (somwhere around P14 I think)
I really enjoyed this, looking forward to the next one :)

atlasgehirn424

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 4, 2017
It was fun :) I qualified somwhere in midfield, then managed to screw up the start (I forgot how to do standing starts it seems :-D ), but still gained some places in the sprint race. Had a nice battle with @aidtheace , who struggled with his car a bit, but still couldn't overtake him.
Main race was a bit worse. I was doing ok, gained some places from people spinning out and crashing, but then a backmarker spun in front of me and I couldn't avoid it. Ended up with 12% front damage and lack of top end speed. Still had some fun, until @atlasgehirn424 (I think it was you) pushed me off track in one of the two fast right handers. What have I done to deserve that? :D I lost a few places again and don't even remember where I finished (somwhere around P14 I think)
I really enjoyed this, looking forward to the next one :)
I´m really sorry that I pushed you off the track there. During the race I felt like I had a little more space than I actually had. I felt really bad about it after the race, especially after we were having a really good battle at some point (as far as I remember).

atlasgehirn424

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 4, 2017
Overall that were two amazing races. I made a few mistakes which put me off the track but the rest was awesome. I can barely remember one lap where I was on my own, because there were some midfield battles going on all the time, I had a couple of moments when we were racing two-by-two down to Hawthorne. Really amazing stuff, I´ve never seen such kind of racing before.

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
I´m really sorry that I pushed you off the track there. During the race I felt like I had a little more space than I actually had. I felt really bad about it after the race, especially after we were having a really good battle at some point (as far as I remember).
It's allright mate, no big deal. I know it's tricky to go 2 wide in this corner :)

Jordy van Oosten

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2016
Interesting to do something like this for a change, much more action compared to most f1 and gt3 races. Qualified p17 and gained about 8 places in the first 2 laps. Then I messed up myself and had to fight my way back to the rest of the pack, eventually ending up in p17, where I began. Second race It didn't go so well spun multiple times, I think I was losing some focus (massively). Looking forward to the next one. I think I might use the stable setup for that one.