PC - AOR Radical SR3 RS - PC - Donington GP - 15.05.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Radical SR3 RS - PC - Donington GP - 15.05.19 @8PM UK Time

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018

ROUND 3 - Donington GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 15 May 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45 PM UK-time
● Event starts: 8:00 PM UK-time
● Event format:
  • Qualifying: 15 minutes
  • Sprint race: 20 minutes (standing start)
  • Main race: 30 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race result in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
● In-game time-of-day information (Time Progression: Real Time // Weather Progression: Sync to Race):
  • Date: 31 July 2019
  • Qualifying time: 12:00 // Weather:
    Medium Cloud
  • Sprint race start time: 14:00 // Weather:
    Light Rain
  • Main race start time: 17:00 // Weather:
    Medium Cloud |
    Light Cloud |
    Clear
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
● Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 80mph/130kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances to drivers around them for tyre and braking warming.
● At the formation point, the leader will slow down to 50mph/80kph and the 2nd placed driver, will pull alongside to form a second train. Pole will ALWAYS start on the side where he can defend the inside to first corner.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the Tier Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.
● Main race startingorder (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed no show:
@PhantomHamster
@77
@marcoboyle
@DaBirdski
@Lorentzen_94

Uninformed no show:
-

Last edited by a moderator:

marcoboyle

Formula Karter
Jun 26, 2016

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
I think this is a truly great car/track combination. It's got a lot of potential to be a fun race and therefore I'd like to give us all a little safety reminder before the race. Let's all be doubly careful and not ruin it for ourself and other drivers. We need to be aware of the pace differences due to there being only one tier and give everybody the room on the track that they need. Let's make it a challenge to avoid contacts altogether! :) See you tonight. ;)

Landomx17

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 26, 2019
What a shame! Power cut... So i've missed race 2. I've had fun in race 1, light rain has helped me to find a good feeling, nice battles, but now i'm angry about race 2. Sorry guys.

JKay14

AOR ACC S3 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
What a crazy (but fun) race 2! Apologies to the yellow car I turned round at the final corner (I didn't catch the name at the time).

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Had a great start during race 1, went from P17 to P12 in one lap. But with the stable setup already being understeery as it is, the rain just made it worse and I ended up dropping back to P17 where I started. Apologies to @igor55 as I tried repassing him on the inside, but locked up and ran slightly wide. There was space on the outside but I understand it's pretty impossible to react to someone locking up on your inside that late, as he turned in normally, flying into the gravel. Think there was a bit of lag involved too though because a very light tap like that shouldn't have sent him off like that >.>
Had some fun driving with teammate @dakuza though.

Race 2 was a case of what could've been. Was doing great, holding P3 for quite some time. Then a little over halfway someone spun in front of me. That wasn't even the issue though as I'd noticed in time and was about to dodge to the left as the sunday driver behind me slammed into my rear, sending me into him. Had massive damage and was the only guy who had to pit from that apparently...
Anyways I rejoined in no-mans land way outside the points but somehow @dakuza had similar fortunes to me and was right in my mirrors as I left the pits. We ended up having a multi-lap bumper-to-bumper battle all the way to the finish, all while catching @AllMightBaby .
Was very fun, especially shuffling all 3 cars in the final corner in one of the last laps, great stuff. Sadly @AllMightBaby ended up going wide in turn 1 as @dakuza and I were playing bumpercars, all while @Beau was watching from behind. Think we put on a pretty decent backmarker show for ya there mate ;)

Sad results, but by far the best 0-point battle I've had!

Anduaa

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 2, 2018
JKay14 apologize at last lap You and JSRaidtheace fooled around and I had more speed but aidtheace forced me to go on grass (or I was do confident) and I lost control of a car and hit You. Sorry

Reactions: JKay14

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Had a great start during race 1, went from P17 to P12 in one lap. But with the stable setup already being understeery as it is, the rain just made it worse and I ended up dropping back to P17 where I started. Apologies to @igor55 as I tried repassing him on the inside, but locked up and ran slightly wide. There was space on the outside but I understand it's pretty impossible to react to someone locking up on your inside that late, as he turned in normally, flying into the gravel. Think there was a bit of lag involved too though because a very light tap like that shouldn't have sent him off like that >.>
Had some fun driving with teammate @dakuza though.

Race 2 was a case of what could've been. Was doing great, holding P3 for quite some time. Then a little over halfway someone spun in front of me. That wasn't even the issue though as I'd noticed in time and was about to dodge to the left as the sunday driver behind me slammed into my rear, sending me into him. Had massive damage and was the only guy who had to pit from that apparently...
Anyways I rejoined in no-mans land way outside the points but somehow @dakuza had similar fortunes to me and was right in my mirrors as I left the pits. We ended up having a multi-lap bumper-to-bumper battle all the way to the finish, all while catching @AllMightBaby .
Was very fun, especially shuffling all 3 cars in the final corner in one of the last laps, great stuff. Sadly @AllMightBaby ended up going wide in turn 1 as @dakuza and I were playing bumpercars, all while @Beau was watching from behind. Think we put on a pretty decent backmarker show for ya there mate ;)

Sad results, but by far the best 0-point battle I've had!
Np mate, I saw you coming and wanted to go outside more, but had some oversteer so was doing everything to not crash, but because of that I went to the inside.

Reactions: WMDRMartin

Chloé

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
Too bad i got dc 1st race, then it was hard to make my way through in 2nd race. Had a long battle with Jkay but finally manage to get through with people crashing in front.
Btw i got 32s penalty from overtaking someone who crashed, so i should be 5th instead of 13th or something. @dakuza @TicklishPicklewickle

Attachments

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
Had a 30 sec penalty in the first race so, where can i post the replay for @TicklishPicklewickle to take a look at it?

Passed a car and was way ahead of him but tuched the gras and where told to pull back behind him.

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
Those were fun races. Much safer from my point of view as well. Only one incident in race 2 where I had to come to a full stop before crashing into a spinner and then got crashed from behind. Admittedly, that was close to impossible to avoid, so I'm not pointing any fingers. ;)
Still I had to dip into the pits for repairs on my rear left suspension which made braking much too unsafe for me. Anyways, didn't come home last, so I'm fine with the result. ;)
Apologies to @Beau, the spot i chose for the move on you wasn't the best (race 1).

I have a feeling that most crashes this time around came from people losing their cars and not from reckless driving, so that's a very good step in the right direction! Keep it up guys and see you next week. I already wish this season was longer, I'm enjoying this a lot. :)

Reactions: Nila

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Too bad i got dc 1st race, then it was hard to make my way through in 2nd race. Had a long battle with Jkay but finally manage to get through with people crashing in front.
Btw i got 32s penalty from overtaking someone who crashed, so i should be 5th instead of 13th or something. @dakuza @TicklishPicklewickle

View attachment 80553 View attachment 80552
Had a 30 sec penalty in the first race so, where can i post the replay for @TicklishPicklewickle to take a look at it?

Passed a car and was way ahead of him but tuched the gras and where told to pull back behind him.
Both of you please post a stewards enquiry so we can get the stewards to look at it :)
Just a reminder, replay file is not sufficient evidence. We can't see penalties in the replay, but a trick is to record the full lap and then we can see if you had 30 secs added to the lap time which then shows you got the penalty. Or if you have screenshots like @Chloé then that'd be easier :p