PC - AOR Radical SR3-RS - PC - Oulton Park International - 08.05.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Radical SR3-RS - PC - Oulton Park International - 08.05.19 @8pm UK time

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 2 - Oulton Park International

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 08 May 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45 PM UK-time
● Event starts: 8:00 PM UK-time
● Event format:
  • Qualifying: 15 minutes
  • Sprint race: 20 minutes (standing start)
  • Main race: 30 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race result in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
● In-game time-of-day information (Time Progression: Real Time // Weather Progression: Sync to Race):
  • Date: 24 July 2019
  • Qualifying time: 12:00 // Weather:
    Clear
  • Sprint race start time: 14:00 // Weather:
    Overcast |
    Medium Cloud |
    Medium Cloud
  • Main race start time: 16:00 // Weather:
    Light Cloud
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
● Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 80mph/130kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances to drivers around them for tyre and braking warming.
● At the formation point, the leader will slow down to 50mph/80kph and the 2nd placed driver, will pull alongside to form a second train. Pole will ALWAYS start on the side where he can defend the inside to first corner.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the Tier Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.
● Main race startingorder (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed no show:
@Domi64S
@igor55
@Jordy van Oosten
@Milogamer1986
@77
@Memefarmer

Uninformed no show:
@ORBITGFXYT [x1]
@marcoboyle [x2]
@

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
As this track can only host 26 drivers, reserves will not be allowed to race unless a main driver can't make it to the race

guibZ

AOR PC Radical SR3 RS Champion
May 14, 2018
Hello :D
Several people said on another post he was leaving the league, am I still in reserve or I can participate ?

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
You are still reserve. 2 of the people who said they were leaving have changed their mind about it

Reactions: guibZ

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@guibZ and @Akashiro you both have a seat for tomorrow's race. Let me know if you can race. Also, sorry for the late notice, I've been a bit busy these last few days

Reactions: guibZ

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Is it the international or island circuit? the picture shown is island

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Terribly sorry for the crash in race 1 in the last sector. Drifted wide in Druids, lost the rear and became a passenger. Collected @SomeRandomTramp and @Akashiro straight away and then could only watch in horror as @AllMightBaby T-boned me in full steam.

After the dust settled and I could safely move again I limped back to the pits on 3 wheels for a 1+ min repair that dropped me 2 laps behind.

SomeRandomTramp

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 16, 2019
Terribly sorry for the crash in race 1 in the last sector. Drifted wide in Druids, lost the rear and became a passenger. Collected @SomeRandomTramp and @Akashiro straight away and then could only watch in horror as @AllMightBaby T-boned me in full steam.

After the dust settled and I could safely move again I limped back to the pits on 3 wheels for a 1+ min repair that dropped me 2 laps behind.
Not to worry, nothing you could do about it :)

Reactions: dakuza

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Well, that was fun :) I screwed up first lap, went wide in the first fast left-hander, ending up last. Because of all those crashes I was back on P8 after like 5 minutes or so :-D
A lot of close racing in the second race with @Chloé , that was awesome :) I didn't defend btw, as I saw you were a lot faster and it would slow us both down, but yeah, it's not an easy track to overtake I guess :)
Looking forward to the next round!

Reactions: dakuza

Landomx17

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 26, 2019
two hard races, in first race unfortunately i've had many problems so after some lap my only problem was to give space to others who lapped me and learn to drive better for 2nd race. In 2nd race i hope that i've not made mistakes in rolling start, it was my first rolling start. Anyway in first corners i've thought not to create problems to the others in fact i've given space, but after some corners i've lost the control of the car because i've left the track to avoid possible contacts in a fast corner. Then my race was better than first, my pace was similar to someone else so i've done the rest of my race with other guys and i'm happy for that, because i thought to do an other lonely race. I'm sorry if someone thinks that my pace was too far from first guys' pace, but if it will be necessary i'll left the championship even if i am a reserve. Anyway i think that i've left a lot of space to others who was lapping me.

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
two hard races, in first race unfortunately i've had many problems so after some lap my only problem was to give space to others who lapped me and learn to drive better for 2nd race. In 2nd race i hope that i've not made mistakes in rolling start, it was my first rolling start. Anyway in first corners i've thought not to create problems to the others in fact i've given space, but after some corners i've lost the control of the car because i've left the track to avoid possible contacts in a fast corner. Then my race was better than first, my pace was similar to someone else so i've done the rest of my race with other guys and i'm happy for that, because i thought to do an other lonely race. I'm sorry if someone thinks that my pace was too far from first guys' pace, but if it will be necessary i'll left the championship even if i am a reserve. Anyway i think that i've left a lot of space to others who was lapping me.
You managed the start very well @Landomx17 (despite my confusing instructions) so job well done there. Tough spot to lead in a reverse grid start in any race.

Reverse grid don't mean the guys behind have the right of way. Sometimes it does not make sense for the slower car to fight the overtakes but there's no need to pull over and let anyone pass. It is important to be predictable and drive withing your limits so the car behind is not taken by surprise causing a crash. Reverse grids are challenging to both the faster and slower drivers and require patience and keeping a cool head.

I hope you decide to stay in the championship. Looks like you held your own in the 2nd race against some veteran drivers and had good pace and hopefully fun battling.