PS4 - AOR Radical SR3 RS - PS4 - Hockenheim GP - 22.05.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Radical SR3 RS - PS4 - Hockenheim GP - 22.05.19 @8PM UK Time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014

ROUND 4 - Hockenheim GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 22 May 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45 PM UK-time
● Event starts: 8:00 PM UK-time
● Event format:
  • Qualifying: 15 minutes
  • Sprint race: 20 minutes (standing start)
  • Main race: 30 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race result in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
● In-game time-of-day information (Time Progression: Real Time // Weather Progression: Sync to Race):
  • Date: 07 August 2019
  • Qualifying time: 16:00 // Weather:
    Light Cloud
  • Sprint race start time: 18:00 // Weather:
    Light Cloud |
    Clear
  • Main race start time: 20:00 // Weather:
    Light Cloud
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
● Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 80mph/130kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances to drivers around them for tyre and braking warming.
● At the formation point, the leader will slow down to 50mph/80kph and the 2nd placed driver, will pull alongside to form a second train. Pole will ALWAYS start on the side where he can defend the inside to first corner.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the Tier Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.
● Main race starting order (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed no show:
-

Uninformed no show:
-

Reactions: Geo

Big-Kid-Daddy

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
last race then.
apologies but made a mistake last night with the feature race grid and forgot DNF'S from the sprint race start at the back so will be in play for this round.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
@Big-Kid-Daddy I know I already let you know but I now know for sure that I've got a family thing to deal with on the Wednesday which means I'm away most of the day and I'm unsure on what time I'll be home and if I'll be back in time to race.

I'll let you know for sure around midday next Wednesday when I've a better idea of when I'll be home. That should give plenty time to have a reserve ready to take my place if needed.

JR-Lock-N-Load

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 27, 2019
would love to no peoples times around here .. if i am 5 seconds of the pace again for no reason other than been on the pad someone else can actually try and Race instead of Actually trying not have an accident the hole time ... even in the race i was setting my fastest times and still no joy everyone had an extra gear it seemed ... hopefully this track will be like Brand's alil faster and there wont be a Gap as big as the last one

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
There’s now two more top tier drivers than there were before due to the drop outs, so don’t hold your breath buddy, I’m not. I’d actually be so up for a full league of this series if proper tiers were possible, ah well.

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
would love to no peoples times around here .. if i am 5 seconds of the pace again for no reason other than been on the pad someone else can actually try and Race instead of Actually trying not have an accident the hole time ... even in the race i was setting my fastest times and still no joy everyone had an extra gear it seemed ... hopefully this track will be like Brand's alil faster and there wont be a Gap as big as the last one
I’ve done a 1:43.4 I think after only a few runs, I’ve started getting ready for a Sunday endurance league in LMP2 so I’ve been doing that a bit more than I should have been this week :whistle:

Geo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Yeh @JR-Lock-N-Load i would agree...im hoping its quick and as painless as possible..but..its hard to see the point in it to be honest..been a learning experience to say the least.i havent been on hockenheim..but practising seems a waste of time as its an alien season..not for us non aliens :) its a shame tho cause i was looking forward to racing with the fastest but it doesnt help at all.just makes the confidence and motivation dissappear.i will be racing..wait no sorry...i will be taking part in the race just to make up the numbers :)

Reactions: JR-Lock-N-Load

JR-Lock-N-Load

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 27, 2019
i am also doing 1.43.2 done around 10 laps on loose ... and thats all i am willing to put in i no the track it will make no difference if i put in a weeks worth of practice or a hour .... there is no more than a second n half to gain on the default set up at least for me anyway i expect the quick guys to be doing 1.37's - 1.38's

• Agree
Reactions: MATARANG and Geo

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
37's seems like too much, that is GT3 time. These cars are roughly 2 seconds slower, maybe a little more. Low 40s or 39s is what I would expect

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
i am also doing 1.43.2 done around 10 laps on loose ... and thats all i am willing to put in i no the track it will make no difference if i put in a weeks worth of practice or a hour .... there is no more than a second n half to gain on the default set up at least for me anyway i expect the quick guys to be doing 1.37's - 1.38's
Yeah I’ve been driving other things since last round almost exclusively, I did an hour of refreshing myself in the Radical round here as only driven open wheelers and the Lambo there before, just made sure I was at least somewhat consistent and then went back to other things, I’m not gonna sweat over it too much now. Shame, would’ve preferred a fully tiered season of this to the GT3’s hands down.

Reactions: JR-Lock-N-Load

Big-Kid-Daddy

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
I am quite looking forward to this race after a little practice.
pretty easy track and will be closer I think here.

Reactions: jornzoet

McKinda

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
Yesterday I did a session with @Big-Kid-Daddy and managed 1.42 smthing when following him in his slip stream otherwise Im doing mid 1.34. So plan is to follow aliens as much as i can . I think fastest will go around in late 1.39 low 1.40.

jornzoet

2 times AOR PC2 champion
Nov 15, 2018
yesterdays practise was in the high 39's. Overtaking is proberly impossible. The slipstream effect is to little to pass eachother:unsure:

Reactions: The_Kaiser-MSc

JR-Lock-N-Load

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 27, 2019
Yesterday I did a session with @Big-Kid-Daddy and managed 1.42 smthing when following him in his slip stream otherwise Im doing mid 1.34. So plan is to follow aliens as much as i can . I think fastest will go around in late 1.39 low 1.40.
Your mean mid 1.44 we’ll at least I should have someone to race against unless you meant mid 1.34s in that case good luck with your race

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
So the championship is between you and me @jornzoet at this point by the looks of things, I doubt you'll have misfortune tomorrow but anything can happen i suppose, been a pleasure racing you, and it's been really awesome racing everyone else too.

Last edited:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
If I make it I'll be racing without doing practice so I'm not expecting to do much, it'll be sods law I'm quick with no practice lol

The_Kaiser-MSc

3 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Oct 1, 2017
yesterdays practise was in the high 39's. Overtaking is proberly impossible. The slipstream effect is to little to pass eachother:unsure:
Wow, my best is 40.5 , maybe i can improve 2-3 tenths for 40 low... maybe I still miss a lot of training but you, archil and thomasethan are really strong. Only at brands hatch I had a second advantage both in qualifying and the race, but both at Donington and now here in Germany I find it hard to be competitive. I have to improve a lot.:confused:

JR-Lock-N-Load

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 27, 2019
Wow, my best is 40.5 , maybe i can improve 2-3 tenths for 40 low... maybe I still miss a lot of training but you, archil and thomasethan are really strong. Only at brands hatch I had a second advantage both in qualifying and the race, but both at Donington and now here in Germany I find it hard to be competitive. I have to improve a lot.:confused:
your still 2-3 seconds faster than most of the grid so i would not stress ... i have not tried the slipstream effect yet but i am informed it sucks and doesn't work?

Reactions: The_Kaiser-MSc

MATARANG

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2019
@Big-Kid-Daddy I might be held up tomorrow at work, so it’s touch and go if I’m back in time to race, I should know more later this afternoon so I’ll let know well in advance if I can’t make it. We got containers coming in and only 2 of us with a forklift license ‍:rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Big-Kid-Daddy