AOR Rally - DR2.0 - Season 2 - Official Announcement (Racenet/Clubs Issues) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Rally - DR2.0 - Season 2 - Official Announcement (Racenet/Clubs Issues)

iamparpparp

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 27, 2019
If the total participant count of all finishers (I'll go into this shortly) is between 75% and 55% we'll be reducing the points by half. If the participant count drops below 55%, we'll be cancelling the rally. The reason we take finishers only, is because people may have retired after being affected, so it may skew the numbers unfairly. For anyone wondering, the average participants that finish a rally are around 60, give or take a handful.

Also I'll clarify a bit more, Monte Carlo and Argentina aren't comparable, due to Argentina having a racenet outage of over 50% of the event's runtime. This was not the case in Monte Carlo. If any event loses more than 50% of it's runtime, it'll be cancelled regardless of participant count.
Yeah ok, that makes some sense. I've added an edit in to that last post, I would be interested to know why that wasn't an option for you guys?

Jan 13, 2014
Hi guys,

Thanks for the explanations above and taking time to explain.

My question is why these measures (cancelling Argentina and half points at Monte Carlo) needed to be done at all. This is a timed event that does not require us to be online at the same time as others.

I think a simple solution that is being overlooked is allowing original times to stand and allowing those who had issues with Racenet to complete the event later then manually compare the times. It makes far more sense than making people rerun the event and would probably be less hassle than having to field these questions.

I think the original Argentina re-run decision was already problematic. But I think the inconsistency with this further issue has made matters worse. Although you have taken the time to explain very well which has helped.

Once again I appreciate your efforts in organising these events in your own time and my comments are intended constructively rather than anything else.

Thanks.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
We refrained from using both results for Argentina due to the large quantity affected, and the large time-gap between the cancelled event and re-run, which resulted in too much practice time for people, already being aware of the degradation levels.

As for Monte, it's a DLC, we'll refrain from re-running DLCs in general. Also here the same argument applies, too much time to practice the degradation levels inbetween. Those are the only things we keep secret.

Another reason not to run two rallies and merge results, was the sheer amount of work that'd take. You've got to remember, we're volunteers, and we're running with 140-150 people in the league at the moment. We're already overworked with just processing results as is. Hope that explains it a bit. @lemonfreshsmurf @iamparpparp

Jan 13, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that could be time consuming. The point that people would be able to practice is a valid one.

As a person with some distant experience of coordinating online racing I would encourage taking more time to reach these decisions and where appropriate involving the community in the decision making process. The community is very understanding of things outside your control and can even workshop ideas to come up with good solutions.

Your efforts organising the events are appreciated. Thanks again.

Reactions: iamparpparp

Faerge

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
Whilst I won't comment on including community feedback (not excluding it), but I will comment on the time part. The Argentina decision was a decision that took multiple days to reach, and a lot of dialog between us coordinators. We didn't have that same luxury for Monaco as they happened late, and a decision had to be reached soon.

RWBMystx24

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 11, 2020
I know you guys have to make these decisions but, it utterly destroyed my drive to compete in this league. Hence the reason 6 ppl are now out of this because of all this. Its unfair simple as that you can explain your reasoning all you want.
I had considered still driving but what if racenet just keeps barely messing up and i just keep getting screwed. Btw my ability to use clubs was not just a weekend issue. Hope you really re think your rules here. I certainly won't join another AOR event again if rules stand such as these.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
I know you guys have to make these decisions but, it utterly destroyed my drive to compete in this league. Hence the reason 6 ppl are now out of this because of all this. Its unfair simple as that you can explain your reasoning all you want.
I had considered still driving but what if racenet just keeps barely messing up and i just keep getting screwed. Btw my ability to use clubs was not just a weekend issue. Hope you really re think your rules here. I certainly won't join another AOR event again if rules stand such as these.
I apologize if our decisions or rules have wronged you, or your team in any way. But we had made it clear that runs should be done before the weekend and even then in off-times, which is when Racenet didn't have the issues. A multitude of drivers did this and got their runs in, even Americans and Canadians. So it's fair to reason that your team should have been able to do their runs earlier or during said off-times.

Now I won't deny that due to this, your team got hit the hardest, but it'd have been even harder had we not come up with the points reduction, because we wouldn't have cancelled the rally due to a majority of drivers from all parts of the world getting their run in. We have over a hundred participants, on average 60 people finish a rally, spread out across 3 tiers. It's unreasonable for you to expect us that just because you or your team have had issues, that we need to shut down the whole event, because there are more people than just you or your team.

I hope I made that clear in a respectful manner, and it seems unlikely you'll be joining us for future season judging by your phrasing. But we wish you the best of luck whatever you do, wherever you're going to do it.

RWBMystx24

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 11, 2020
I do understand decisions have to be made and it unfortunately absolutely screwed me i had no time till sat or sunday on this one which sucks as i normally go mid week. And i blame codies more than anyone for this debacle. But for me a hard core league that i can not participate in properly is not on the table for me. Have fun rallying all.
i really am not trying to just **** ppl off. Only venting my frustration with something i was enjoying till the last 2 rallys because of codies.
I love this game and want to have fun first most. I do appreciate you guys set all this up just volunteering hope this is a learning experience for all involved. Ok i am out you wont hear from me again

FortunaMEJG

Formula Karter
May 5, 2018
I was told by an admin to sign myself up in the thread for the league and tier that I wanted to participate in - so here I am.
Have a good day everyone! :)

Do you understand the league rules and regulations: Yes
Gamertag: AA__MEJG__ZZ (note that there are 4 underlines in total in the gamertag) [PS4]
Racenet: MicaelFortuna
Nationality: Sweden
Vehicles: Subaru WRX STI NR4

Faerge

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
I was told by an admin to sign myself up in the thread for the league and tier that I wanted to participate in - so here I am.
Have a good day everyone! :)

Do you understand the league rules and regulations: Yes
Gamertag: AA__MEJG__ZZ (note that there are 4 underlines in total in the gamertag) [PS4]
Racenet: MicaelFortuna
Nationality: Sweden
Vehicles: Subaru WRX STI NR4
Hello

First of all, this is not the chat for this, we have seen and registered that you have signed uP
What SereneLogic asked you to do was to join the club, which can be found here: https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/235482/members
(Note: At the time of writing, clubs are down)

• Useful
Reactions: FortunaMEJG

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Due to the recent issues surrounding clubs and racenet, we have come to the difficulty decision to postponed Round 8: New Zealand and all rounds after that. Meaning that there won't be any running done until the game has recovered from these issues. We feel justified in making this decision as the current situation doesn't allow for a fair and professional environment to hold these events.

We hope you at the very least understand this decision. We'll keep you notified of when things will be continuing. As for sign-ups, I am opening them once again, if anyone wants to get in on the fun when it does continue.

Participants

Carmentalist1

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 9, 2020
It’s a shame but it’s the right decision - thanks for the heads up, let’s hope Codies get this all fixed soon!

S14Mii

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 1, 2020
Yes, they have lot's of problems with racenet, but I tried it very often and could nearly everytime open the club. At the worst case with plenty of waiting time, it should be possible to place times for each round.

But I really don't understand why you always touch running stages where people put in a lot of time for practice, setup and the runs itself. I do this for fun, but my time is precious cause i have to manage a lot of other things too like most of us. So why not let the people finish the actual stage and postpone the one's in future?

And will someone of you have communication with codemasters to specify what are the problems and when they will be over? If it is right, that people with PS plus can get dirt rally 2.0 for free in April, I'm gonna think that problems will even get worse and worser....

Last edited:

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Yes, they have lot's of problems with racenet, but I tried it very often and could nearly everytime open the club. At the worst case with plenty of waiting time, it should be possible to place times for wach round.

But I really don't understand why you always touch running stages where people put in a lot of time for practice, setup and the runs itself. I do this for fun, but my time is precious cause i have to manage a lot of other things too like most of us. So why not let the people finish the actual stage and postpone the one's in future?

And will someone of you have communication with codemasters to specify what are the problems and when they will be over? If it is right, that people with PS plus can get dirt rally 2.0 for free in April, I'm gonna think that problems will even get worse and worser....
We had to cancel this one because it has already affected championship runners, so we can't justify keeping these results up. It's a very reactive decision, but that's all we can muster in these times. And yes, I have a direct line with at least the community manager. The main reason for these issues is too much requests being sent to the server, because of PS+ having DR2 free for this month. Just this month alone there have been times where the server queues were over a million long. :(

S14Mii

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 1, 2020
First the cancellation of Argentina, then the half points of Monte Carlo and now this. This is just a slap in the face for most of the attendees.

The Problem itself has nothing to do with AOR, but it's just codemasters fault cause they made everything based on the online force. Even the offline career.. So they have to solve these problems quick and I'm quite sure not to buy any other game from them.
Sorry, but times are hard enough at the moment and this was something which made me smile though.. Now even this doesn't make fun anymore.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2014
Guys, I know it's not your fault personally but this is a shame. I'm going to withdraw from this championship and hope I won't be penalised for doing so should I wish to enter future events on this site.

I made my views on some decisions earlier so I won't bore you again. It's a shame once again that those able to run the event have their efforts scrapped so late in the week.

Best of luck for the future

iamparpparp

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 27, 2019
Well that's a shame. I agree with my teammate Lemonfreshsmurf above and will be withdrawing also. This is the third time I've set my times without issue and the event been cancelled or reduced after the fact. Especially frustrating since these events are fairly long and often take a full evening of commitment.

I understand that server issues are out of your control but really think there must be a better way of handling it than cancelling late in the week with a large number of competitors having already set times.

I do hope that the server issues settle down and you all can complete the season without any more technical problems. I appreciate it's no small feat to run a championship like this, so thanks to everyone involved in organising it.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
First the cancellation of Argentina, then the half points of Monte Carlo and now this. This is just a slap in the face for most of the attendees.

The Problem itself has nothing to do with AOR, but it's just codemasters fault cause they made everything based on the online force. Even the offline career.. So they have to solve these problems quick and I'm quite sure not to buy any other game from them.
Sorry, but times are hard enough at the moment and this was something which made me smile though.. Now even this doesn't make fun anymore.
If we could have done it earlier, we would have, no one wants to disappoint people who have already done their runs. But this being a situation continuously evolving, we need to base our decisions on what we are seeing in the event. Thus leading to always a portion of the participants feeling like we're screwing them over. We initially wanted to wait till Saturday to make this decision, to get a better grip of how this round was affected, but the number of reports forced our hand. On top of that, we hope that the temporary postponing of all events leads to this being the last decision of its kind.

That said, it saddens me to see that some people are withdrawing due to something completely out of our control, it's not like we can predict with any accuracy how badly racenet/clubs will behave in the next week...I hope the majority of participants understands this, we're working with what we have.

Reactions: Chickano

Faerge

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017

Trust me when I say this, it hurts us just as much when making these decisions. We know people are having a tough time at the moment and we genuinely try to do our very best to try and give people something to smile about or do during these times. Sadly, we are not the only ones who have had this idea, and the Codemasters servers have been overloaded once again. This is completely outside of our control, with the only things we can do is either complain to Codemasters (who are very well aware of what's happening) and to act on the problems that are arising as a result of these issues. Due to the fact that it's the 3rd time that we are forced to make a decision due to issues with either clubs or racenet, that we have decided to postpone New Zealand and all following rounds until these issues have been fixed. Similar measures were also taken in our RX Championship, which saw its' rounds postponed as well.

I understand that server issues are out of your control but really think there must be a better way of handling it than cancelling late in the week with a large number of competitors having already set times.
If there were, we would have utilized such a way. Sadly, such does not exist as we have no chance to know the state of the servers 2-3 days into the future. Hence why we as coordinators come together if there has been 2 or more days of problems with the servers, where many are reporting that they are getting DNF'ed due to racenet issues. For New Zealand, we have been getting loads of reports, just to note. This includes one of the coordinators that's a part of the RX team, as he DNF'ed from half of all the club events he entered this week.

So just to re-iterate, we can not take the decision on the Monday or Tuesday of a week, because we have no clue about the state of the servers Wedneday, Thursday, Friday, etc. We also have no idea what Codemasters are doing, when they are fixing the issues and such. This is why, as said, the reason why we are taking the decisions when we are taking them, as we are taking these decisions as early as possible. There's also the fact that we have to reach and agreement between us coordinators what is the best approach.

This is the third time I've set my times without issue and the event been cancelled or reduced after the fact. Especially frustrating since these events are fairly long and often take a full evening of commitment.
Just a minor note to this. Sure, you may not have had any problems, but many other are having problems. So I can understand why it's frustrating to you to miss out on the points, but also try and think about the many whose run was compromised or ruined because racenet was having issues.

iamparpparp

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 27, 2019
Just a minor note to this. Sure, you may not have had any problems, but many other are having problems. So I can understand why it's frustrating to you to miss out on the points, but also try and think about the many whose run was compromised or ruined because racenet was having issues.
Of course that's true, I know my experience is not the only one. I appreciate the need for something to be done.

If there were, we would have utilized such a way. Sadly, such does not exist as we have no chance to know the state of the servers 2-3 days into the future.
I have said this before (so have others) but it seems more and more obvious to me that these events should be rerun but only for drivers who couldn't compete first time around. Current times should stand. I understand this is more time consuming for you chaps (and there was a comment about practicing with the deg levels which didn't make sense to me - either way that's a very small advantage). But it wouldn't have alienated any of the competitors.

If you cancel you upset those who have run already, if you don't you upset those with issues. Carrying times over would have kept everyone happy as far as I can see.

I admit I feel a little bitter about losing so many of my times and would be concerned about this happening again even after the league restarts. But I want to re-emphasise that I sympathise with you guys and appreciate everything you've done to organise this.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chickano