AOR Rally League - DiRT 4 Season 2 Sign-Up Thread

mirk

AOR DiRT 4 Reigning World Rally Champion
Sep 2, 2017
Platform: PC
Do you understand the league regulations: Yes
Gamertag: Mirk
Racenet: mirk1983
What leagues do you want to participate in: Modern Championship & Classic Rally League
Nationality: Swedish
Championship Car: Peugeot 208
Classic Rally League Car: Renault 5 Turbo

• Informative
Reactions: Maddog40

Rcfly3r1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 19, 2016
Gamertag: Rcfly3r1
Racenet:
Rcflyer1
What leagues do you want to participate in: Modern Championship
Nationality: British
Championship Car:
Ford Fiesta R5
Classic Rally League Car: N/A

Team Sign Ups
Team Name:
VRT eRacing
Drivers: @Rcfly3r1 and @frankodrose

Last edited:

AddictivePenguin

Pro Karter
Dec 10, 2016
Any chance I could also sign-up for the Modern Championship with the Fiesta R5? I decided to go for both leagues and focus on the one I find the most enjoyable/competitive after the first round (I'll compete and finish both events regardless, I'll just practice more for one of them). I have sent the request on racenet. Again, sorry for being so late with the signups.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Any chance I could also sign-up for the Modern Championship with the Fiesta R5? I decided to go for both leagues and focus on the one I find the most enjoyable/competitive after the first round (I'll compete and finish both events regardless, I'll just practice more for one of them). I have sent the request on racenet. Again, sorry for being so late with the signups.
Sure can :p

frankodrose

F1 Champion
Jun 13, 2016
Do you understand the league regulations: YES
Gamertag: frankodrose
Racenet: VRT Frank
What leagues do you want to participate in: Modern Championship
Nationality: Croatian
Championship Car: Ford Fiesta R5

SCHWANTZ3493

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Apr 1, 2018
Platform: PS4
Do you understand the league regulations: yes
Gamertag:SCHWANTZ3493
Racenet: Tjatkinson
What leagues do you want to participating in: both
Nationality: British
Championship Car: Peugeot 208
Classic Rally League Car: cosworth

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Team Sign Ups
Team Name:
Kendal Rally Noobs
Drivers: danjbirch and SCHWANTZ3493

Can I please change my modern car to the peugeot 208 so I have the same as my team mate?

Reactions: SereneLogic

EpilepticToast

2-Time Reigning DiRT League Champion
Dec 11, 2016
Platform: XB1
Gamertag: EpilepticToast
Racenet: EpilepticToast
What leagues do you want to participate in: Modern Championship & Classic Rally League
Nationality: Canadian
Championship Car: Ford Fiesta R5
Classic Rally League Car: BMW M30

Nat Strode

Junior Karter
Jul 1, 2017
Platform: [PC]
Do you understand the league regulations: [yes]
Gamertag: [Hopefiend]
Racenet: [Hopefiend]
What leagues do you want to participate in: [Modern Championship]
Nationality: [USA]
Championship Car: [Ford Fiesta R5]

Jamesatpeellol

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 2, 2018
Platform: PS4
Gamertag: James-at-peellol
Racenet: James-at-peellol
What leagues do you want to participate in:
Modern Championship
Nationality: English
Championship Car:
Ford Fiesta R5

Team Sign Ups
Team Name:
Man Feelings
Drivers: James-at-peellol

If anyone else wants to join the team just let me know :)

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Hi folks, quick question. Do you just get one attempt at these stages or can you have multiple tries at each one? I notice in assists it says stage restarts no but event restarts yes.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hi folks, quick question. Do you just get one attempt at these stages or can you have multiple tries at each one? I notice in assists it says stage restarts no but event restarts yes.
Ok, so you can do the 8 stages, and after that you can technically reset your progress completely. If you do so, you'll have to do EVERY stage over again. That's what we mean with Event Restarts, but not Stage Restarts.

Also, we primarily made that available for people whose game crashes, we don't want people to continuously farm the event just to win.

I hope this helps. :)

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
That's great, I would prefer if it wasn't available at all. Nice when the pressure is on and you know a mistake can't just be reset. Looking forward to starting

• Agree
Reactions: EpilepticToast

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
That's great, I would prefer if it wasn't available at all. Nice when the pressure is on and you know a mistake can't just be reset. Looking forward to starting
Yeah, we had that last season. But we're saddened by the fact a lot of people couldn't finish events due to the game crashing (which'd DNF you for the whole event)or some weird timing glitch. Therefor, since Codemasters haven't put a safeguard in check for that we had to allow restarts.

I'd have rather done it without restarts as well, but everyone should have equal chances and not be destroyed by a game fault.

EpilepticToast

2-Time Reigning DiRT League Champion
Dec 11, 2016
Missed that change in the rules :oops:
Can the event restart somehow be restricted only to those who have reported a game crash during that event? Like once you have a final event time recorded there's no restart option allowed maybe?
The D4 Esports thing (rally part) was ruined for me personally because codemasters format for it enabled endless event restarts and those at the top of the leaderboards were often just the ones who had the extra time to memorize and redo the stages until they got it down perfect, conveniently opposite to the community events sim-like one chance structure that was already in place since release :rolleyes:. I gave up on that whole thing after round 1... To me, that's really not a good reflection of the attrition and thrill of heavy consequences involved with rallying, something that D4 really stepped up on and improved from DR with the generated stages & zero cheater tolerance (despite going backwards in so many other areas). I definitely understand the unfairness of the game crash aspect as that almost cost me the classic championship in Sweden last season, but I think I'd still rather take the odd game crash disappointment over the option to be flat out without consequence and just restart whenever going off. If that's an open option I'm pretty sure it will be abused like it was in the Esports events. I get a game crash in Dirt 4 proabably every 100 stages or so...usually in shakedown so I know its quite a rarity for me, but I guess I can understand incorporating this rule if others are getting them much more frequently than that.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Missed that change in the rules :oops:
Can the event restart somehow be restricted only to those who have reported a game crash during that event? Like once you have a final event time recorded there's no restart option allowed maybe?
The D4 Esports thing (rally part) was ruined for me personally because codemasters format for it enabled endless event restarts and those at the top of the leaderboards were often just the ones who had the extra time to memorize and redo the stages until they got it down perfect, conveniently opposite to the community events sim-like one chance structure that was already in place since release :rolleyes:. I gave up on that whole thing after round 1... To me, that's really not a good reflection of the attrition and thrill of heavy consequences involved with rallying, something that D4 really stepped up on and improved from DR with the generated stages & zero cheater tolerance (despite going backwards in so many other areas). I definitely understand the unfairness of the game crash aspect as that almost cost me the classic championship in Sweden last season, but I think I'd still rather take the odd game crash disappointment over the option to be flat out without consequence and just restart whenever going off. If that's an open option I'm pretty sure it will be abused like it was in the Esports events. I get a game crash in Dirt 4 proabably every 100 stages or so...usually in shakedown so I know its quite a rarity for me, but I guess I can understand incorporating this rule if others are getting them much more frequently than that.
If there was a way to monitor it.... But sadly D4 has no checks in place for this. @Maddog40 @Hayden_430 and me will appeal to all drivers to only restarts if it crashes or if something bugs out, but we can't ultimately control who does what. It is why we made the events longers and added power stages.

Reactions: EpilepticToast

Nommie

Formula Karter
Nov 19, 2016
Do you understand the league regulations: yes
Gamertag: Norman Bruce
Racenet: Norman Bruce
What leagues do you want to participate in: Classic Rally League
Nationality: Scottish
Championship Car: n/a
Classic Rally League Car: Opel Ascona 400