PC - AOR Rallycross League - Season 5 - Drivers' Briefing | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Rallycross League - Season 5 - Drivers' Briefing

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Firstly I'd like to welcome all the drivers that are taking part in Season 5 of the AOR Rallycross League on DiRT 4:

Team Allocation

With that out of the way, let's get to the important things that we have to discuss before the first event of this season, which'd be Montalegre on the 18th of August. Before we even make it to saturday, the first thing we need to figure out are the teams, seeing as teams are mandatory this year. The current teams that are signed up are:

Veloce eSports - Reigning Two-Time Champions - Seat Ibiza

VRT eRacing - Peugeot 208

GravelBoys - Ford Focus RS

Worldwide Racing - Seat Ibiza

TBA - Peugeot 208

LAR - Ford Fiesta

Rövarligan - Mini Countryman

PinheadWorks RX- Seat Ibiza

So with those 6 drivers already in a team, that leaves 10 people left. Now there's only one problem, a team needs to drive the same car, due to people picking different cars this means some people will not be able to form a team with 2 drivers. For those people, I'll allow you to run a team by yourself, this will mean you are likely to have no chance for the constructors championship though. For some clarity, here are the people who still need a team and their respective car choices:
  • @Taz - Ford Focus RS
Please decide on the teams as soon as possible, as if I've got no teams by saturday morning, I'll assign you to teams myself. :)

Stream Schedule

Stream Introduction - 8:00PM BST

Heat 1
8:10PM BST - Race 1
8:20PM BST - Race 2
8:30PM BST - Race 3

Heat 2
8:45PM BST - Race 1
8:55PM BST - Race 2
9:05PM BST - Race 3

Heat 3
9:20PM BST - Race 1
9:30PM BST - Race 2
9:40PM BST - Race 3

Driver Requirements

Due to this league being streamed now, drivers have a bit more responsibilities when it comes to participating in this league. I expect all of you to follow them and if you don't you'll be quickly penalized. They are as follows:

• Drivers are to report to the Coordinator between 7:20PM and 7:30PM BST, either through Steam or Discord.
  • Drivers are to be ready at all times when they've reported to the Coordinator, or have personally contacted the Coordinator.
  • During a warm-up race the coordinator will contact you and tell you which position you are required to finish within the warm-up. This is so that we'll get the correct starting positions for the actual Semi-Final races. If any of the drivers mess up the warm-up it'll have to be redone and will cost everyone time.
  • If a driver can't make it to the next event, they are to contact the Coordinator before Saturday (not on Saturday) on the AOR forums by means of starting a conversation. If this is not done properly the Coordinator can get confused about who is present and who isn't.

These were all the additional pieces of information that you need to be in order to fully understand this league's inner workings and if there are questions, please ask them below. If not, enjoy the first event, and make this league's first stream be one to remember. <3

PS: I'd also recommend every participant to get a Discord account and join the AOR discord. In there ask for DiRT permissions, a lot of useful conversations are held in the chat which are related to the RX league.

Last edited:

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
@izamusing @Cort @SereneLogic @Veloce_Primero @BarriKimi @Pravis Tastrana @frankodrose @Pinhead Spiky @Kekse @Nayun @kxuping @Yogan @Rcfly3r1 @2strokeVKCa @Taz

Small addition, after all heats have been raced, and after the semi-finals and finals there are interview slots for drivers to be interviewed. Now there are 2 requirements for this:
  • You must be in the AOR Discord
  • You must be in the AOR Discord Channel Ready-for-Interviews
Being interviewed is your choice, no one will force you and @Jess doesn't bite. :p

Just a small gauge, can everyone who'd like to be interviewed at some point react with an "Agree" reaction, and everyone who'd never want to be interviewed react with a "Disagree" reaction. This would help us to see how much chance of interviews we have at a given time. :)

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Last edited:

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
The assists must be disabled by each player when they join the race lobby, or this is configured by the lobby creator?
@Kekse + @kxuping = Team
:cool:
Assists that are banned must be dusabled by the player. We cant single out assists in lobbies I think.

PS: Team name?

rubenfilipereis

Junior Karter
Aug 17, 2018
Hello guys,
I'm ruben, and I'm from Portugal. I discovered this community yesterday and I got the initiative brilliant. however I was enthusiastic to join the rallycross championship and I think it will not be possible anymore. Can I do anything to send you my registration today?
best regards
Ruben Reis

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hello guys,
I'm ruben, and I'm from Portugal. I discovered this community yesterday and I got the initiative brilliant. however I was enthusiastic to join the rallycross championship and I think it will not be possible anymore. Can I do anything to send you my registration today?
best regards
Ruben Reis
You'd have to act very quickly, PM me the sign-up form. Read through alll the documents, add me and every participants on Steam, read all the above statements and find a teammate if applicable.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
@izamusing @Cort @SereneLogic @Veloce_Primero @BarriKimi @Pravis Tastrana @frankodrose @Pinhead Spiky @Kekse @Nayun @kxuping @Yogan @Rcfly3r1 @2strokeVKCa @Taz @h1dro @rubenfilipereis

Ok, with all the drama of the first event, the organizators have decided to reset the championship and change the format. We're hereby remove all semi-finals and finals from the format and will just be using heats to determine who is the fastest. The points system in the heats will work the exact same as the old format you all signed up for.

If this change makes you want to quit, I understand. But we're here to race, and with the bugs/glitches we had today, that wasn't possible to do in a fun relaxed manner. That's mainly why we've decided to scrap semi-finals and finals, because we knew it'd happen again, since it has happened before. I hope you all respect our decision, and we're just trying to make the best of the hand we're dealt with.

May the fastest win :)

Justin || Taz

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 27, 2016
@izamusing @Cort @SereneLogic @Veloce_Primero @BarriKimi @Pravis Tastrana @frankodrose @Pinhead Spiky @Kekse @Nayun @kxuping @Yogan @Rcfly3r1 @2strokeVKCa @Taz @h1dro @rubenfilipereis

Ok, with all the drama of the first event, the organizators have decided to reset the championship and change the format. We're hereby remove all semi-finals and finals from the format and will just be using heats to determine who is the fastest. The points system in the heats will work the exact same as the old format you all signed up for.

If this change makes you want to quit, I understand. But we're here to race, and with the bugs/glitches we had today, that wasn't possible to do in a fun relaxed manner. That's mainly why we've decided to scrap semi-finals and finals, because we knew it'd happen again, since it has happened before. I hope you all respect our decision, and we're just trying to make the best of the hand we're dealt with.

May the fastest win :)
Will the heats still get live streamed I'm assuming?

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
@izamusing @Cort @SereneLogic @Veloce_Primero @BarriKimi @frankodrose @Pinhead Spiky@Kekse @Nayun @kxuping @Yogan @Rcfly3r1 @2strokeVKCa @Taz @h1dro @rubenfilipereis

Guys, with the streaming going, @Jess would like some more information about you so she can talk during breaks or delays. Please fill in the form below:

Name: [Enter your AOR name here]
Nationality:
[Enter your nationality here]
Previous league experiences:
[Enter your experiences in previous leagues (can be anything)]
Why did you sign up to this league:
[Enter your reason for joining here]

More about yourself: [Tell us something about yourself]

Reactions: Jess

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Name: SereneLogic
Nationality: Dutch
  • Been with the RX league since S1, was struggling in the midfield for the first 3 seasons. Runner-up of S4.
  • Won 2 RX events before, S3 Lydden Hill, S3 Höljes. Never won at my favourite circuit, Hell.
  • Organizes the Rally leagues, S1 Rookie Tier Champion, midfield competitor in S2 & S3
Why did you sign up to this league: Joined because I grew up at a Dutch RX circuit before the FIA even bothered with RX. This made me love the sport and the excitement around it. :)

More about yourself: N/A

Justin || Taz

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 27, 2016
Name: Taz
Nationality: British
None on any rally game but in F1 i have 1 pole and 1 podium to my name
Why did you sign up to this league: I was after a fresh challenge, never had much to do with rallycross so thought why not

Last edited:
Reactions: SereneLogic

runasc26

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 10, 2017
Name: Nayun
Nationality: Russian
PC
AOR S15 F3
Why did you sign up to this league: I enjoyed Rally and Rallycross on my old PS1 with Colin McRae 2.0 and I thought that I should do something else then F1.

frankodrose

F1 Champion
Jun 13, 2016
Name: frankodrose
Nationality: Croatian
Previous league experiences: PC1 3 seasons PC2 2 season Dirt Rally 1 season Dirt4 Rally 2 seasons Dirt4 RX 2 finished seasons
Why did you sign up to this league: To have fun and enjoy RX

Veloce_Primero

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 8, 2017
Name: Veloce_Primero
Nationality: Norwegian
Previous league experiences: Touring car race win PC2, loads of podiums previous seasons of RX (hoping to improve this season),
Why did you sign up to this league: Really enjoy RX and the game

2strokeVKCa

Junior Karter
Aug 12, 2018
Name: 2strokeVKCa (stroke)
Nationality: Swedish
Previous league experiences: None
Why did you sign up to this league: Looked like it is great fun to compete this way.

More about yourself: An old man and father to Yogan

Yogan

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2018
Name: Yogan
Nationality: Swedish
Previous league experiences: AOR Rally League - DiRT 4 Season 3
Why did you sign up to this league: I really enjoy FIA World RX and RX Games. So it will be fun competing against the fastest.

More about yourself: I´m studying web programming and son of 2strokeVKCa