PC - AOR RallyCross Round 1 - Montalegre [09/01/2018 - 8PM UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR RallyCross Round 1 - Montalegre [09/01/2018 - 8PM UK Time]

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Round 1 - Montalegre
AOR RallyCross Season 3

Round Information:
Date:
Tuesday 9th January
Heat Announcement: 6PM GMT
Round Start: 8PM GMT

Please ensure that you are online for the duration of the round, and awaiting a lobby invite from your lobby host and/or race officiator at 8PM BST. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings:
If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look HERE.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread at least 3 hours before the announcement of the heats and round schedule. Note the rules of participation HERE.

Important Links
League Information
League Rules
Calendar

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Considering the many request for clarification of track limits, you'll all be provided a short summary of a track before the event at each track is held. Montalegre being the first Rallycross track we visit on our tour.
01-montalegre_2.jpg

As seen above this track features 8 corner sections, some of which can be cut quite proficiently in order to gain advantage without the DiRT 4's in-game penalty system handing out penalties for this. Therefor we ask you all to be wary of your own lines and the lines your fellow drivers take. If you seef a person that gains a clear advantage (+0.5 seconds) and doesn't receive a penalty, please report this as a Stewards Enquiry, with sufficient proof. That said, if said person slows down after the matter it'll be considered even.

However due to the kindness in my heart, I sincerely hope that none of you purposefully go outside of track limits in order to gain a lasting advantage. I hope you all have a good race and good luck on January 9th. :)

Pinhead Spiky

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2017
Man, I'm really struggling to find a good rhythm on this track and was barely able to go faster than a 34.000. Seeing that many stepped it up during the offseason, even making the finals at all would be a great achievement.

@SereneLogic
I come home just a few mins before Heat 1 starts which leaves me very little time to set up. Is there any chance the officiators / hosts wait a few extra mins just so that I can get my things together. Would be greatly appreciated..promise I won't make you guys wait too long ;)

Last edited:

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Man, I'm really struggling to find a good rhythm on this track and was barely able to go faster than a 34.000. Seeing that many stepped it up during the offseason, even making the finals at all would be a great achievement.

@SereneLogic
I come home just a few mins before Heat 1 starts which leaves me very little time to set up. Is there any chance the officiators / hosts wait a few extra mins just so that I can get my things together. Would be greatly appreciated..promise I won't make you guys wait too long ;)
We tend to wait for people about 10-15 minutes. ;)

Reactions: Pinhead Spiky

izamusing

AOR PC RallyCross S3 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
I will write down the location of the "Fire and rescue vehicles", it might come in handy at some point... ;)

(Also the designer of this track should be shot, he doesn't understand the usefulness of overtaking points)

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
I will write down the location of the "Fire and rescue vehicles", it might come in handy at some point... ;)

(Also the designer of this track should be shot, he doesn't understand the usefulness of overtaking points)
I mean, the Joker is really damm important here. And T1 is a good divebomb spot. Def not recommended tho :p

• Useful
Reactions: nezehran

Pinhead Spiky

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2017
I mean, the Joker is really damm important here. And T1 is a good divebomb spot. Def not recommended tho :p
Lol I have a feeling someone heading into the joker will strike another car in the process as if they got sucker punched by Mayweather...

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Lol I have a feeling someone heading into the joker will strike another car in the process as if they got sucker punched by Mayweather...
On this one it's not that bad, since you need a pretty wide entry to even do a good joker. Hell is a whole different story.

Reactions: nezehran

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
At the end of it all, great racing everyone. It was the most hazardous track but we managed to make it out alive. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Pinhead Spiky

Birdman44

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 22, 2017
I reaaally need to practice for next event. Anyway great driving from everybody, cool sessions, see you next week on the track! ;)

Pinhead Spiky

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2017
This one is gonna leave a mark for a while.

I forgot to turn on my HUD which has my rear view mirror and speedometer. As a result, I practically had to drive blind for the whole thing which in the process ruined @christoffer christensen's race (apologies to him once again).

I had a nice battle with @SereneLogic in the semifinal but I struggled so bad on the wet track that I was blatantly careless enough to shut the door on him bigtime taking him out. I let him pass... but apologies to him again for ruining what could have been a super battle to the finish line.

Anyways, congratulations to @PotisMan and everyone else for a good first event. I look forward to doing it again next week (hopefully battling for that first place trophy this time! :p).

Reactions: PotisMan