DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
431EC519-531B-4E19-ACE9-0B9635584D33.jpeg

Introduction
AOR would like to welcome all participants and spectators to the AOR Rocket League Championship of 2018. This Championship will feature 24 teams of 2 people, from both Xbox and PC, fighting it out to become the AOR Rocket League Champion. This Championship will use a Double Elimination format and will consists out of:
  • Upper Round 1-2
  • Lower Round 1 - 6
  • Lower Final
  • Quarter-Finals
  • Semi-Finals
  • Final
  • Grand Final

All matches after the Quarter-Finals, including the Quarter-Finals will be streamed by on AOR's Youtube channel, where we'll have @King-kodiak providing us with the best commentary we could've ever wished for.

Week 1 - Upper Round 1
As this is the first week of the AOR Rocket League Championship, this week we'll be seeing all Upper Round 1 matches play out. The matches are as follows:

Match 1 - Vortex (KILLIAN2004 & W33JNB) vs. LetsEatGrandad (@Flatterpus1 & TheSkills453)
  • Series Type: Best of 5 (First to 3)
  • Lobby Name: UR1M1
  • Lobby Password: AORRL2018

Match 2 - The Bloody Awful (@Meloni88 & @Amazed oT) vs. Massive Horse (@InsigniaGB & @DalBiioN)
  • Lobby Name: UR1M2

Match 3 - Fat Afro (@ToXiCxHenS & @jordyboiiii) vs. Team LCR (@LCR Apex & @TOR Leopard)
  • Lobby Name: UR1M3

Match 4 - Team GG (@Laursen & Apple Burner) vs. A&J Rocketeers (@AbsoLutLoL & @Jess)
  • Lobby Name: UR1M4
Match 5 - ChocoRL (@AOR Charlie & @JxnahM) vs. Ez Champ 2 (@Finnerswinners & @BlueFalcon761)
  • Lobby Name: UR1M5
Match 6 - Grav (@TheChiefs17 & @Gravity) vs. Chonk (@The Penguin & @no scope z3bra)
  • Lobby Name: UR1M6
Match 7 - Team LCR 2.0 (@Hayden_430 & @V vizualize V) vs. Peya Hacker (@subkkonen & @POLLY)
  • Lobby Name: UR1M7
Match 8 - Alpha Kenny Body (@Im_an_eagle & @TheGiant19) vs. Ez Calp Memysboys (@FableLegacy & @Ben Tonkiss)
  • Lobby Name: UR1M8

I'd like to remind all participating teams that it's your responsibility to schedule your own matches with your opponents. If there are any problems with this please contact @SereneLogic @Faerge or @AOR Charlie. Furthermore, in order to prove a win one must capture a screenshot of the final standings and post these screenshots in a reply to this thread.

Disclaimer: Even when a @Rocket League Coordinator is present, please screenshot the results and post them in here. It helps to keep things organized.

NOTE: ALL OF THE AFOREMENTIONED MATCHES NEED TO BE COMPLETED BY 16-12-2018 11:59PM UK

The remaining 8 teams have gotten a bye into the next round, this was decided by MMR Seeding. These teams will not be playing this week, but will instead have their first match in Upper Round 2. These teams are:

For further information check the following threads:

Good luck to all participants and don't forget to have fun! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LCR Apex

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 15, 2014
So wait, 8 teams get to just skip the first round based on their multiplayer rank? Would have been nice to know ahead of time :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Hayden_430

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
So wait, 8 teams get to just skip the first round based on their multiplayer rank? Would have been nice to know ahead of time :rolleyes:
Agreed, we should've been more upfront about the seeding method, but it was only decided two days ago. We should've planned more ahead, but really couldn't do much without the sign-ups closing first.

Besides, we have plans for an actual league, so seeding like this will probably be once in a lifetime. Hope this doesn't set you back too much. I'm quite envious, you have potentially more matches.

Reactions: LCR Apex

Kjgamer3

S15 AOR XB1 F2 Champion
Aug 19, 2017
really sorry but @matt1358 has just told me hes on holiday for the entire week from the 16th-23rd which is when our first game will be I think. Can we get an extension to the 24th or can I get someone to sub in for one week? Sorry for the inconvenience...

Synt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2017
Well rip. My online rank is so low compared to what it was last season

AOR Charlie

Rocket League Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Apr 29, 2017
really sorry but @matt1358 has just told me hes on holiday for the entire week from the 16th-23rd which is when our first game will be I think. Can we get an extension to the 24th or can I get someone to sub in for one week? Sorry for the inconvenience...
Yeah, we didn’t make it clear enough when the deadline was going to be. We extended it another week, it should be updated on the spreadsheet.

Laursen

Junior Karter
Sep 20, 2018
Me and Apple Burner are out due to conflict in the team and Apple Burner refusing to play.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017

Faerge

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
@SereneLogic when is week 2 starting up? Team Serene Is Ass is readily awaiting our first victims ;)
Now, I'm not Serene, but i can answer. Week 2 starts on the December 31st and runs until January 6th

Deerladog

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 24, 2017
Alright, thanks! Didn't want to miss anything, and it is the second week since you announced that we were starting.

Faerge

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
Alright, thanks! Didn't want to miss anything, and it is the second week since you announced that we were starting.
Yeah, due to a short time between sign ups closing and start of the season, we extended week 1 (the Upper bracket round 1 matches) by a week. Us coordinators agreed from the start of scheduling that Christmas week was gonna be an off-week, so week 2 will as stated start on the 31st of December and a normal schedule of 1 week per round until end will follow

Reactions: SereneLogic

Jess

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jun 4, 2017
@Faerge havent heard from our opponents yet to see if they found a replacement teammate.

Reactions: AbsoLutLoL