AOR Rocket League S3 Announcement & Interest Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Rocket League S3 Announcement & Interest Thread

Which stadiums would you like to see in S3?

• Aquadome

• Beckwith Park

• Champions Field

• DFH Stadium

• Mannfield

• Neo Tokyo

• Starbase ARC

• Urban Central

• Utopia Coliseum

• Wasteland

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Test.png

It's been a while since Rocket League has been mentioned in AOR, and it's time to change that. So once again, we would like to introduce Season 3 of AOR Rocket League. After such a long break between Season 2 and now, we feel it's time to pick up the pieces and make this game relevant in AOR again.

Usually we'd provide you with a long paragraph about how the season will look like, which format we'll be playing by, etc. But sadly this time we can't give you that just yet. Since the last season fell short on sign-ups, we first need to make sure that we have the number of participants necessary to make this season possible. Once we know that, our dedicated group of Coordinators will start working on the League Information and the Format to which this season will uphold itself.

So if you want to see this amazing game return to AOR, please fill in and reply with the following template :

Username - (Name)
Platform - (PC/PS4/XB1)

Signs of Interests

PC (17):
@Faerge
@Ely'
@SereneLogic
@Lukasz
@Deerladog
@Cozzie
@Duppy
@PRelease
@Fehler3
@Fetzi
@Ycoms
@Qali
@FisiFan91
@FATPENGUIN96
@Synt
@RizeEffectZ_YT
@Riddle90

PS4 (7):
@Overdykink
@JammyJames
@Calzo210
@Jamesatpeellol
@AOR Gizmo
@bananajosh1
@o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

XB1 (4):
@dickydavey1981
@Jack T
@ToXiCxHenS
@jordyboiiii

Disclaimer: Since Rocket League doesn't allow cross-platform matchmacking between PS4 and XB1, we will look at the platform with the most support and go with that. Unless it has enough interest to have a league on its own, in which case the smaller, less-popular platform will be merged with PC.

Furthermore, we'd appreciate it if you answer the poll that goes with this thread. It'd help us determine the stadiums we'll be using during S3 if there is enough interest.

We hope to see you in Season 3 of AOR Rocket League! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Faerge

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
Username - Faerge
Platform - PC

t0mzz

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
Username - AOR Ely'
Platform - PC

Last edited:

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Username - SereneLogic
Platform - PC

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Name: prim0's Dog
Platform: PC

I can chase the ball better than anyone else before me...

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Would be good to see Rocket League start back up in AOR, I played in season 2 and after the end of it I honestly thought that things looked really promising for the future, but I think a combination of factors lead to it dying out.
(like project cars 2 being released around signups for season 3)

Anyway what I would maybe suggest @SereneLogic is having a pre-season tournament if it becomes clear theres decent interest, it would also be a way to advertise Season 3 and hopefully encourage more sign ups.
(You probably already know/remember this SereneLogic but before season 2 there was 2 one night 8 team knockout tournaments - Dec '16 & Jan '17 ultimately it lead to 12 teams that season.)

But for the time being I won't be adding my name to the interest list, though I will tag a couple more PS4 players that I know who were part of Season 2 and captains of there respective teams in case there interested: @DemoN & @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o (y)

Lastly with the poll what about adding Farmstead as well? As I believe you can still select the arena in private match to play there.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Yes please. I played in S1 and was pretty dire but now am a much improved player

I can play either on PS4 or PC, if it's on PS4 I can bring a friend along

Overdykink

Formula Karter
Dec 14, 2017
Just to be sure, is it gonna be 1s, 2s or 3s? Hoping it’s 3s, so much more fun to play 3s than anything else!

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Just to be sure, is it gonna be 1s, 2s or 3s? Hoping it’s 3s, so much more fun to play 3s than anything else!
It depends on preference, my bounce dribbling, whiffing all the time self only really likes 3s, but some people like the space on the field you get in 2s

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Yes please. I played in S1 and was pretty dire but now am a much improved player

I can play either on PS4 or PC, if it's on PS4 I can bring a friend along
I can note you down for both for now, if you'd like me to.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Depends on the number of participants, I expect to get enough for at least a proper 2s

Status
Not open for further replies.