PC AOR S17 PC Assist 2 - Driver Introduction Thread

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
AOR PC Assist 2 League - Season 17
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:
  1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
  2. What's your previous league racing experience?
  3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track!

Taraku24

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 31, 2018
Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
My name is Scott i'm 29 from the UK, I am transferring from the pad to the wheel this season, have played on pad since F1 97 so expect to see me at the back of the grid for a while!

What's your previous league racing experience?
I have only started racing competitively last year and took part in AL3 last season.

What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
As I am going to be using my wheel I will expect that I will be fighting to not be last every race and I hope to achieve at least a point and be slightly competitive by the end.

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
Hi, my name is Thomas and I'm 23. Taking a break from commentating this season, I decided to get back into racing in the F1 Leagues. I race with a Logitech G29.
I've raced from season 12 to 14 and have been commentating on the F1 leagues since then. I've also done a bit of Project Cars GT3 and an Endurance Season.
I'm just looking forward to having fun races again. I haven't set myself a target position, I just want to be in the mix.

Piuxupa

Formula Karter
Sep 9, 2018
  1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
    I'm Pedro (Piuxupa) from Portugal and I'm 17 years old. I use a Logitech G29.
    I've been racing since F1 2014 and participated in several leagues. Some of you might know me from here since I was in AL1 last season, apart from AOR I've been involved with some other leagues like SLR, MouseOne and OCR.
    I am coming into this season quite relaxed so not really imposing any expectations for this short season. I'll take whatever I can get. It was a shock to see how slow I was compared to some guys in last season due to high expectations.

My name is Scott i'm 29 from the UK, I am transferring from the pad to the wheel this season, have played on pad since F1 97 so expect to see me at the back of the grid for a while!
I know from experience the pain it is to let go of the pad and get into a wheel. You just gotta keep training ;)

Faerge

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
My name is Simon, I'm from Denmark, and I'm 19 years old. Racing with a Logitech G29, and racing in an F1 league for the first time
Have done a few races, mostly socials, on Project CARS 2, and participated in LMP2 Team Endurance Championship on Project CARS.
I'm hoping to have a fun season, not really aiming for a specific position, but I guess as long as I'm not gonna end up resident backmarker, it's a success

Last edited:

Lasher

Pro Karter
Jan 15, 2019
My name's Valentin, I'm 29 and from Romania. I have not done any league racing before, I'm only looking to be as consistent and clean as possible.

kyri010

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 17, 2014
Hi, my name is Jeremy and I'm 21 and from the Netherlands. I'm using a gamepad but I'm probably going to switch to a wheel for season 18.
No. Only raced with a few friends. Mainly on Project Cars 2
Enjoy the racing in this league. I haven't really set a target.

BlackWidowJ

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 8, 2018
Hi my name is Jess and i am an alcoholic.

Oh wrong place

This will be my 2nd season in AOR after joining in al3 in season 17, i have been using a thrustaster t150 Pro ever since i came into AOR and i am hoping to keep inproving my skill with the wheel so i will be ready for no assists in season 18 on f1 2019.

The goal for me this season will be to focus on consistancy during the races, with aloto f unforced dnf´s in season 16 i will be trying to finish every race this season.

Hopefully we can all have some fair but hard battles on track!

Last edited:

Taraku24

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 31, 2018
Hi my name is Jess, short for... well ask me and i might just tell you sometime :ROFLMAO:

This will be my 2nd season in AOR after joining in al3 in season 17, i have been using a thrustaster t150 Pro ever since i came into AOR and i am hoping to keep inproving my skill with the wheel so i will be ready for no assists in season 18 on f1 2019.

The goal for me this season will be to focus on consistancy during the races, with aloto f unforced dnf´s in season 16 i will be trying to finish every race this season.

Hopefully we can all have some fair but hard battles on track!
I'm gonna crash you

• Faff
Reactions: Thompson

The Grim

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 24, 2018
    My name is Paris,i am 20 years old from Greece.I am using Xbox one controller.
    Sporadic Raced in the seasons 15-16 of AOR
    To be actually competitive,in the midfield and close to the front runners

Delta2611

F1 Coordinator & S17 PC Assist League 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 4, 2018
Hello boys and girls,

My name is Markus, I am currently 27 years young and am living in Würzburg, Germany.
Software developer during the day, gamer, pilot and race car driver at all other times.
I use a Logitech G920, but the plan is to upgrade relatively soon, not sure to what though.

I started to get interested in racing games during last year, so season 16 was my first AOR season.
It went quite well in AL3, so I'm looking forward to season 17 and hopefully be competitive :D

That's it for now, I'm not the biggest fan of introductions.
If you want to know anything just ask :)

Adammm91

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 26, 2019
I am Adam, nice to meet you all! I'm from England, 27 years young and I play on an xbox 360 controller, would love to make the switch to wheel one day because I think it would be hard to get any more out of the controller, sadly my room is too small for a wheel though!

Bit of a league noob, competed in the last 3 races of AL2 and got some solid results - couple of 5ths and a 6th I think.

I just want to race cleanly and try to finish every race strongly - hoping to get at least one win this season but not sure I'm fast enough!

Cohen Blake

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 23, 2018
Who am I?

My name is Leon. I am originally from South Africa but am living in the UK since 2005. I use the g29 wheel and don't have any plans for upgrading until this wheel breaks :cool:. Love my wheel and spend many many hours on it lol

Before I joined AOR in season 16, I haven't raced in a long time since FSR league in 2008 in the amateur division. Now I am a little obsessed with racing and plan on continuing my pursuit of driving in the top leagues in AOR. Baby steps as they say :p. Season 16 was a hellavu experience and great fun and met some great people which has lead to different kinds of racing!

Expecting more great, clean and competitive racing! Wanting to do the best I can and hopefully finish every race in the points!!

Just got home from holiday so am off getting Australia practised ahead of tomorrows race!

dormio

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Apr 7, 2018
Hey, My name is Ludo (Ludwig) from France. I am 25 years old. I play with Logitech g29 (first driving wheel !).

I participate at the 2 AOR last seasons. Firstly in AL 3 and AL 2. This last season was a good one because I made two podiums and finished 5th.
This season should be the last in assist league !
I am really enjoying the AOR experience and the fair fighting on racetrack.

More Podiums ! and finally maybe a victory !

CrystalCatcha

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2019

Hey, my name is Jayson and i'm from England. I'm 25 and I play with a Logitech G29/Gamepad, currently gamepad as I recently moved house so haven't had the chance to arrange my new set up yet!

My only previous league racing experience was one season in a league called PRL where I finished 8th in the drivers and 4th in the constructors. No podiums unfortunately but I did manage one fastest lap and a few 4th places.

As I've joined up mid-season i'm obviously a reserve driver so i'm just looking to gain some more experience whenever possible, getting better with manual ERS & hopefully get the wheel set up again soon! If and when i do feature as a reserve driver I simply hope to have fun, try to see where I stand within the group and ensure i race cleanly aiming as high as possible :) See you all out on track!

MLT_C0MpLeX

Junior Karter
May 3, 2019
  1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc) Hi, I'm Michael i'm from Malta and im 16 years old, i have been sim racing for a while started out on gt5 on the ps3 but moves to more realistic sim racing since then, i still use the driving force gt i got around 5 years ago but i'm hoping for an upgrade after my GCSE's.
  2. What's your previous league racing experience? I have been racing for a while this will be my first leauge if i get in but i think i'm up for the challenge. I real life karting expierience I've been practicing for the last 3 years.
  3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead? I'm looking for a fun community with clean racing and intense competition i'm striving to get better everyday and what better way to do it than race people who are better than you:)