PC AOR S17 PC Assist 3 - Season Review and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSascha

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Nov 15, 2018
Season's over. I would like to thank all the drivers and helpers. I found it a very exciting season. Although I was unfortunately missing a few times, the whole thing went more or less smoothly except for a few exceptions. I'm already looking forward to seeing some of you again next season in the AL3.

Team World Championship
RedBull (@FSN Archer and @Aelirenn)

Driver World Championship
RedBull (@FSN Archer)

@FSN Archer 105 points and @Aelirenn 104 points.

If you'd like to say a few words about the season. What happened to you and what could be improved.

What has been your favorite/best race of the season?

What has been your least favorite/worst race of the season?

What could be made better in AOR?

What are your hopes/expectations for next season?

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your season?

@Radek11CZ @HoneybadgerF1 @TuRbsOn @Hockeyfighter99 @FSN Archer @Aelirenn @mr.coLd @Kryptox @Doggo @WonnZ @Magneten1 @Yava @Synestros @SilvaTax @El Loco@[email protected] @Hand Solo @Patty81 @MrSascha @Gamer TypeR @vinsta @bobytheconqueror

Elliota

Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2019
That would have to be the Austrian GP. First of all, I really like racing around the Red Bull Ring, and secondly, I got my best ever finish there (P6) and my only points of the season!

The Japanese GP. While Suzuka is really fun to drive, and I did get myself into a good position at the start, several personal mistakes lead to me ending up 2 laps behind the leaders in P15 and overall, I just lacked the pace and had no flow.

I don't know if this is anything under AOR:s control, but it would be great to remove drive-through penalties, as I think that they can ruin the flow of racing in certain situations. I have no complaints with anything else regarding AOR. Everything's been handled very well and all the drivers and coordinators have been very kind and forgiving if I had made a mistake that affected them.

Hopefully I can learn from this first season of league racing to become a better racer, both in the speed/overtaking aspect and the sportsmanship aspect. With more races next season, hopefully I can grab a few more points, as well!

I'd say probably a 4 or a 5. I can't be too rough on myself, considering that it's my first season, but I made a lot of mistakes, which affected my races (and sometimes others). But, I did score points and even qualified 3rd at one point! I'd say that overall, this season has been a good learning experience, but there is lots of room for improvement.

Lastly, I'd like to thank all the drivers and the people who make this league possible. It's been a lot of fun and I look forward to the next season! :D

Reactions: Aelirenn

Doggo

Semi-Pro Karter
May 6, 2019
That would be Japan, had a good battle with the front-runners and had to really fight to keep a gap to maintain my position due to penalties.

I think it goes without saying Italy was a bit messy and I won't bother going into details

A suggestion is to make a rule which sets a certain proportion of the field disconnects before considering a restart to create more consistency.

Well, first off, I hope I can make it to the next season but we'll see how it performs on my PC. If I do make it, I hope I can take my first win, I came close in Brazil but bottled it so hopefully I can pull it off.

I'd give it a solid 8/10

I just want to say thank you to everyone for an amazing first AOR experience, the racing was amazing and I hope to be back soon for more!

Reactions: Aelirenn

Aelirenn

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2018
Germany. It was my 2nd win in league racing, and for sure a performance I am really proud of. Also because I figured out a setup before myself, that worked perfectly for me.

Has to be Brazil, because I tried to mess with Bernd Mayländer, and he showed me that I better don't do that again. Only DNF of the season, and throwing away the championship on a track I actually had the pace to get another win.

Even though I think it was fine in our tier, the community aspects comes a bit short in some of the splits. I love to have some conversation about the races afterwards, and I think our steamgroup helped a lot at achieving that.

As I'll probably get the promote to AL2, I don't expect to be in the position to fight for the championship. However, I want to keep on improving, especially in terms of consistency. In this season I got frotwing damage way too frequently.

8/10. My aim for this season was to get one win, and score some solid points in the other races. Actually being able to contest for the season win surprised me, and I think I was able to improve a lot over the course of these 10 races. However, I still made a lot of mistakes, and will try to fix that for the next season. Also my rain pace, as well as in rain conditions is terrible, and I'll have to work on that:
  1. Australia : hitting the back of someone, getting frontwing damage (recovery drive to 6)
  2. Bahrain: completly messed up the strategy and had to do a 2 stop (got 4th)
  3. China: actually a solid race (got 3rd)
  4. Great Britain: got frontwing damage at the start, and at the start of my second stint again, and did not have much pace on the track (6th)
  5. Austria: solid race (2nd)
  6. Germany: as mentioned before my favourite this season! (1st)
  7. Belgium: had no pace at all, but got the maximum out I think (6th)
  8. Italy: too bad it got invalidated as I think this was probably my best track in the calender (1st)
  9. Japane: Bluescreen. got wingdamage when i reconnected but go my first pole of the season. (6th)
  10. Brazil: Second pole, but Bernd Mayländer happened :( (DNF)
Thanks to everyone for participating. It was a lot of fun, and thanks to @MrSascha / @GOCAS for hosting / coordinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.