Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

*BANNER HERE*

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 20th October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

*TRACK GRAPHICS HERE*

Confirmed no-shows:
@AERO_Cobra
@kerkinator1996

Last edited:

Walsh89-

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: 5th

Wet qualifying again and I had memories of Paul Ricard where I didn't get a lap in. It seemed to be going the same way but this time I got something decent at the end of the session. Maybe could of got more out of the lap but only had one run at the end to set a decent time and didn't want to blow it.

Race: 2nd

Lights went out really fast but just about reacted ok. Took the inside into turn 3 and I think I I just clipped Hamres as I was defending from Zack but we all got through fine.

I was really struggling in the opening laps to adjust back to the dry circuit after running the inters in quali. I lost touch with the cars ahead and was having to defend from Kaspar behind. Eventually I was passed by Maxou on lap 5 and following him allowed me to find a rhythm and using his DRS and slipstream I was able to pull away from Kaspar and settle into the race.

I was running 7th until Maxou pitted at the end of lap 9 and then I was all on my own in P6. I was around 3 seconds behind Zack and then about 3 seconds ahead of Kaspar. I was on my own until I made my pitstop at the end of lap 15.

I came back out in P7 once again, 3 seconds ahead of Kaspar and about 4 or 5 behind Zack. I closed that down on my first flying lap on the fresh softs and then I just spent the next few laps closing gradually on the cars ahead and pulling away from Kaspar behind.

It seemed that was how it would finish but I then saw Sam had made a mistake through Becketts which promoted me to P6. He was quicker than me though and managed to pass me again and I didn't fight at all as I knew he had a pen. Maxou then lost it through becketts which meant I was once again 6th on the road but the group ahead were all close. I nearly got Hamres into vale after something happened to him at Stowe but I had to back out.

On the last lap I was just following the 3 cars ahead in the DRS train. As I crossed the line I went from P6 to P2 with others ahead having time penalties.

Happy to have a clean race for the first time in quite a while and my first podium since Spain. I was lacking a couple of tenths it seemed to the group of cars ahead but having no penalties really helped me out.

Congrats to @robin8f on another win, you really are dominant in this league.

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
I really do make some bad decisions sometimes.

Reactions: robin8f

SamGamerOfficial

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2019
Had amazing qualifying and got pole position but I have been lucky in an unlucky situation during the race, like Leclerc would say ngl...

Congrats to @robin8f for the win again, I hope this one was a sweaty one for you to get ahahah

Reactions: robin8f

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P3
The weather was light rain, so I chose to do one run on each Intermediate tyre. The first lap was good enough for provisional pole, but others did more than one lap on their run, so dropped to 4th before I went out again. Improved by 5 tenths to claim provisional pole once again for a bit before being dropped to P2. Went out for my final run and I'm not sure why the Racing Points backed up so much as there was clear space ahead of them but anyway. My final lap was a mess and I lost three tenths in the first sector alone, but then I was able to find a bunch of time on the rest of the lap to improve by 4 tenths! So I finished with a 1:37.923 to claim P3. If I were to add that time I lost in the first sector, I could have been P2, but I'd still have been about another 3 tenths off pole position! But I was pleased with 3rd nonetheless.

Race - P4
I was a bit concerned about strategy on the formation lap after seeing everyone around me starting on the Medium tyre haha, while I opted for the Softs. I had a good start though on the Softer tyre and was able to get into P2 straight away. Then I was quite literally stuck behind @SamGamerOfficial who I just couldn't find a way past. I had a great chance on Lap 4 but just wasn't able to pull it off. I was pitting on Lap 11 which my in-lap was pretty bad. I went to defend against @robin8f behind at Brooklands and went a bit deep, nearly resulting in being side by side for Luffield but I was able to just stay ahead. Then I was a sitting duck on the Hangar Straight as not only did Robin pass but also @Hamres22 too around the outside of Stowe! I bolted for the pits, put on the Medium tyre and rejoined in 8th, literally just a second ahead of @maxou13-12 who I think had pitted a lap or two earlier.

Not much happened for the next few laps as the gap to @maxou13-12 remained at around a second. Then the rest started to make their pitstops from Lap 16, the first being @robin8f who rejoined ahead by only a second. He pulled away a bit during the lap when the next person to come out of the pits was @SamGamerOfficial who remained ahead of me, again the gap was a second, but he was now behind Robin. @Hamres22 then came out of the pits next time around and thankfully I finally stayed ahead of someone! Which didn't last long as they overtook me around the outside at Brooklands haha.

@Hamres22 seemed to struggle at Chapel which allowed me to get a good run on them and regain P3, before losing it to them on the next lap at Brooklands again. Then the same happened at Chapel and I was able to regain the position once again haha. So a lot of position swapping and at this point, @Zaack had joined and was very close behind us. I was safe for the next lap but on the one after, yep, I lost the position to Hamres at the same place again before losing another position to Zack at the same place on the lap after! So I was now down in P4. Then on Lap 24 at Stowe, they both made contact ahead! Causing Hamres to slide and me having to take avoiding action. Then on the last lap @SamGamerOfficial had returned who had gone off earlier on, so he must have had great pace as I wasn't expecting to see him again after that and ended up passing me down the Hangar Straight, leaving me to finish in P4. I knew Zack had an extra penalty than me, so I tried to remain within 3 seconds behind but unfortunately... I missed out on the podium position by 0.060. :cry:

Conclusion
A brilliant race this one! Not only was qualifying good in the light rain, but I was happy to see that I actually had good pace in the dry to be towards the front in the race! Just a shame I missed out on the podium by less than a tenth! In retrospect I think I could have done a better job at various points in the opening stint but ah well, great battling all race!