Apr 4, 2015
Round 11 - German Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th November 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hockenheimring
Laps: 34

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Still the scene of my only win in any F1 leagues. Will need a miracle to do that again.

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
My quali lap on mediums was going ok until I made a complete mess of the last sector. My opening splits were pretty much level with Zack and probably would've been just behind him had I put the lap together but can only blame myself.
Managed to survive the start and was just in a long train for most of the first stint. Unfortunately on lap 14, I lost over a kerb in the last section which cost me about 7s I think. I was pretty much on my own for most of the remainder of the race but was slowly catching the battle ahead as they were costing each other a load of time. I tried to make sure I didn't get a penalty as I was on 2 warnings and just about managed it and got 2 points in the end which was ok I guess. Given that I would've been in that battle in front of me I don't think the spin made much difference in the end, only one position at best.
The car just did not want to turn in the slow speed corners and the spin was just a poor error from me so 2 points are a bonus after all that. On the plus side, I ain't getting whitewashed by my teammate in qualifying anymore :ROFLMAO:

Congrats to Hamres on the win and well done to the rest of the podium.

Reactions: robin8f

Walsh89-

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: 14th

Didn't manage to get a lap in on the medium tyres and as result ended up with my best time being a very average hard tyre time. Looking at the quali times I should of been around 3rd-5th but as usual I bottled it.

Race: 8th

Opening lap was hectic and I ended up getting pushed down to last after the hairpin. I knew overtaking would be difficult with everyone ahead likely to be in DRS trains so I was in for a tough race.

I made a few places up over the next couple of laps and eventually ended up around P10 I think behind Heaxxy's McLaren. We were both on hard tyres so I knew I would have to close up on Heaxxy and pass him on circuit. I'd managed to pass a couple of others comfortably before the hairpin so was hoping to do the same with Heaxxy before the first pitstop but he defended a lot more aggressively. I was quite a lot faster but couldn't get the overtake done.

I was hoping to undercut him but he pitted the same lap which meant I stayed behind once again. We had got the undercut on the cars behind and by this point we were running in a net 8th and 9th. I was all over his gearbox and I did get the position leading up to the hairpin and I didn't defend as I assumed Heaxxy would just follow me considering the pace difference between us at that stage but he dived back down the inside and forced me wide on the kerb so I couldn't get any traction.

We were battling so much losing loads of time which allowed the cars behind to catch up again. Roadhouse and Kaspar joined the battle making it a four way fight which would last until the end.

Heaxxy basically wasn't going to let me past so I gave up fighting him as it was almost inevitably going to end up in a crash. His car was lagging a bit as well on my screen which made it even more dodgy trying to go wheel to wheel with him. I can't remember exactly how but I think out of the hairpin I got pushed wide and both Roadhouse and Kaspar got past me.

For the next few laps I just watched the battle going on ahead and yeah it was pretty crazy. I knew that I could most likely just sit there and take the 8th place due to having no time penalties so that's what I did. I got a run on the cars ahead a few times due to them getting caught up with each other but never made a move stick until on the last lap Heaxxy got way out of shape just before the stadium section and I finally got past him into 10th on the road.

That turned into P8 on the line with the time penalties and with the gap ahead to my teammate that was probably the best I could have done so I guess the result was ok in the end. It was a very frustrating race though, but once again my own fault for not getting a proper qualifying lap.

Hungary isn't a good track for me so I won't be expecting much from the next race, just hoping for some points.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P7
Opted to do two runs on the Hard tyre and two runs on the Medium tyre. The second run on the Hard tyre wasn't much of an improvement after going way too deep at the hairpin. I didn't improve much in the first sector on my first Medium lap, but found back the time I had lost the lap previous at the hairpin and lost a bit of time in the third sector. Then on my final run, it was over as it began as I just cut the corner a little and invalidated my lap. I was going to carry on to see what I could have done but figured there was no point in wearing out the tyres any more than I had to since I had already done a lap. So I backed off and just returned to the pits. So in the end, I did a 1:12.446 to claim P7.

Race - P12
I had a good start and was able to jump up into P6 straight away at T1. @Zaack and @maxou13-12 had slight contact at T2 which made Maxou slide a bit and allowed me to climb into P5. Had a go on Zack at the hairpin but just didn't have the speed coming out of it. @SamGamerOfficial then made a move and passed at the hairpin on Lap 2 where I went for the switchback but again, just couldn't get the speed coming out of the corner. Then disaster struck on Lap 3 and I still can't believe I did this haha... but at T11 there's a wall on the left, right? Well, I must have been leaning to the left slightly as I accidentally clipped it and damaged my wing haha! Maxou then went for the outside for T12 and in retrospect, maybe I gave a bit too much room but I think I was being cautious as I didn't want to run into him due to my damage. In the end, I touched the inside curb of T12 and around the rear went into a half spin and onto the grass. I was then hesitant in trying to rejoin the track due to how tight it is in sector 3 and I didn't want to cause an accident. I rejoined but seeing how many places I had lost, I figured I may as well pit and change my wing... Which of course I'm now on the wrong side of the track to enter it. So I pretty much just drove off the track again into the gravel to safely allow the last two or three through haha! I then entered the pits for the Hard tyre and yeah, that was my race pretty much over.

As you can imagine, not a lot happened. I was gaining on the car ahead but very slowly. Made up my first position when @rich500 pitted on Lap 14. @TheTubbyNinja had an accident at the final corner on Lap 17, where I then made my next position at T1. @xUndefinedF1 had just come out of the pits too who I was able to pass at the hairpin to move up to P12. I then found myself just behind a battle briefly as @Walsh89- and @Heaxxy came out of the pits on the next lap. I then made another two positions after @Hasnain and @Roadhouse made their pitstops. I then finally lost out to Undefined on their much more fresher tyres on the DRS straight towards the hairpin. My teammate was now behind me who I didn't hold up and moved out of the way on the exit of T10, dropping me back down to P12. They all then started to pull away before I made my final pitstop on Lap 22 for a fresh set of Mediums.
Rejoined the track in P14 and went to chase down the car ahead who was about 10 seconds away. On Lap 24 I did have a somewhat attempt at the fastest lap but held back a bit in case I needed it later, so was 3 or 4 tenths off it. Eventually I finally did catch up to @rich500 on Lap 32 and made the pass at the hairpin to claim P13. I was now 5 seconds away from the next car but there were only two laps left... I hoped people ahead would have penalties so I could jump up into the points but unfortunately not. I crossed the line in P13 but jumped up one position after penalties to claim P12.

Conclusion
A very bad race, my worst of the season that I well and truly screwed up by myself haha. I think without my accident that I could have finished around @silver-sponge and @AERO_Cobra in 6th or 7th. I did get the second fastest lap of the race though, so that's something, right?! :LOL: