Apr 4, 2015
Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th November 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

AERO_Cobra

Rookie
Jan 13, 2014
Not gonna make it for tonight, was gonna race at my mates house but it's still downloading the latest version

Walsh89-

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: 6th

Went ok with a decent lap in the end, probably should have had another couple of tenths overall but happy enough with getting a lap in this week.

Race: DNF

Got an average start but only lost 1 place to Zaack on the run down to turn 1, I braked really early as i saw contact on my outside but then when I went to turn in my wheel just didn't turn so I went straight on, just had no steering registering at all in game and feedback started rattling. Really sorry to anyone that was affected by me just going straight on, I think @Bankai_Bullett got forced out wide because of it. Really sorry, there was nothing I could do, wheel was fine on the formation lap but then not fine.

I paused the game and the steering sort of came back but it was still rattling badly and if I turned more than 45 degrees it would understeer ridiculously. Had to retire in the pits after I'd managed to crawl around lap 1.

Tried it in TT and it was still rattling away and not wanting to turn properly. Unplugged the wheel and restarted game but still the same. No idea what's happened, I've already had one T300 base break on me before but not like this. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if it fixes itself but not looking good at the moment.

Probably wrong here but I think my race pace was ok here and after a decent quali I could have done ok but not to be.

Reactions: EOttoes and robin8f

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
So heading into this race, I knew it was going to be an interesting one, as I hadn't done any running at all during the week as I had been playing through Death Stranding. I did do a few laps, really just to get a setup, on the Sunday previous after our German Grand Prix. Thankfully I did finish Death Stranding yesterday and decided to try and multitask with the real-life Brazilian Grand Prix. That went out the window when the first Safety Car came out and I was glued watching it from then on haha.

So I didn't have all of the info that I'd usually have regarding this race, which in a way made me look forward to it! Not only that but after we had to restart the session, I was now desynced with @Zaack! So I was in for an interesting race haha.

Qualifying - P8
One thing I did thankfully find out before the race was how bad the Soft tyre is, for me at least. So I was absolutely avoiding that and so I planned to do the same plan as the last race for qualifying. Two Hard tyre runs, two Medium tyre runs.

My second run on the Hard tyre was going much better until T11 where on the entry I touched that curb on the left which resulted in me spinning around. I think I just about got away with not blocking them, but apologies to @SamGamerOfficial if I did affect your lap. I looked at the map when I was rejoining the track that there was a gap but I guess I didn't realise just how much quicker you'd be going through T11. Next thing I know I could hear your car when I was going through T12 so I quickly darted off the track to get out of the way.

I then pitted and went out for my Medium runs but the first one was a bit dodgy. I almost lost the car at T4 and quickly saw @Zaack's desynced car at the side of the track at the entry for T5. Again on my final run, I had a dodgy T4 where I drifted but was able to improve slightly by the end of the lap to set a 1:17.214 to claim P8. Who had qualified just ahead of me though? Desynced Zack haha.

Race - P6
I should have believed the DSC icon next to @Zaack's name but the incident in qualifying and getting off the line for the Formation Lap, it seemed legit and okay. That was until after T1 when we came to a crawl. I gave the situation the benefit of the doubt thinking he'd get going again but I waited and waited and waited until I saw the gap to the cars ahead while we were only just getting to T2, so I made the pass at T3 (while the car behind punted Zack into the wall haha.) and bolted for the rest of the lap to catch up to the pack which wasn't until the straight between T11 and 12. I apologised in the group chat but apologies again to those who were stuck behind me haha. As a result of Zack's car getting sent into the wall, when we got onto the grid, his car remained just ahead of T12 and started from there! :LOL:
So that was pretty handy for me in regards to not having to come across his car often during the race.

Anyway! Decent enough start and had one less car to worry about now. Passed @Walsh89- after his wheel issue to jump into P6. I had a look at going around the outside of @maxou13-12 at T3 after slight contact between him, @SamGamerOfficial and @robin8f but decided against it. Maintained position until Lap 4 when Robin and Maxou made contact which sent Maxou off the track, giving me P5. I then almost had a Schumacher/Hakkinen moment as Robin and I both went either side of @rich500 down the start/finish straight but unfortunately I wasn't able to pass Robin as well haha. The Racing Points and Robin then started pulling away while I was still struggling with drifting at various corners. @silver-sponge was gaining on me too to the point where I was having to defend T1 nearly every lap! I was able to hold onto my P4 though before pitting on Lap 14 for Hard tyres.

I rejoined in P11 and caught up to my teammate who let me through at the chicane. I soon caught up the battle between @TheTubbyNinja and @EOttoes who thankfully both pitted on Lap 17 just as I had gotten to the back of them. @maxou13-12 soon caught up to the back of me and on Lap 20, I was able to defend T1 but lost out on T2 and dropped to P7. @silver-sponge was now behind me again with a 2 second gap that soon closed, forcing me to start defending again from Lap 26. The battle resumed which I failed on this lap as I went too deep into T1 and lost the position, but regained it again on the next lap at T1. I was able to remain in position for the next few laps until Lap 33... I touched the curb on the right on the entry for T4 which seemed to drag me out and off the track. I rejoined but went too deep into T5, allowing Sponge to go down the inside. I remained on the outside but had to back out of it for the chicane. Due to their limited entry, they had a bad exit and I was able to get alongside again for T8 but I could see what was going to happen. Our tyres touched and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid a potential spin. Two laps remained but I couldn't get close enough to attempt a pass and had to settle for P6. An amazing battle though!

Conclusion
Due to my lack of running, I was expecting this to be a write-off, but it actually went pretty well considering! I think due to the issues in qualifying with T4 and T11, I was being more cautious at those corners but regardless, I was happy with how this race went! Shoutout to @silver-sponge for the great battle all race long! Sure as hell didn't let me rest all race haha.

PS: Here's a bonus video I thought I'd share showing where I came across Zack's desynced car, as well as a screenshot showing where Zack's car started on the mini-map on mine haha.

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Quali lap was really not that good and it put me 12th. Managed to actually gain positions at the start for once, unfortunately lost the DRS spending a lap behind Rich who was on very worn softs. Ended up getting undercut by Heaxxy and spent the rest of the race stuck behind him as I was running high downforce and couldn't complete a move. In the end was half a second off 5th which is slightly annoying but ah well was good fun actually. Congrats to Robin on the win and well done to the Jordan's on the podium.