PS4 - AOR S18 F5 - Round 13 - Belgium - 24/11/19 @ 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR S18 F5 - Round 13 - Belgium - 24/11/19 @ 8PM UK

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th November 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Roadhouse

@kerkinator1996 AWOL
@AERO_Cobra AWOL (Possible wheel/pedal issue)

Last edited:

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P6
I was fairly happy with my progress during qualifying until @Heaxxy pulled out that 42.5 with 5 minutes to go still. That was an ouch moment haha! Nice job though!

Anyway, not much to say on my laps. Three Soft runs, improved each time. Finished with a 1:43.382 to claim P6. I can't say I was disappointed with my time as I think it was only about a tenth off my PB.

Race - P7
Well, what a mess this start was. Had a better start than others and then in front, @robin8f went right, @Hamres22 went left and @maxou13-12 slammed the brakes on and I hit the back of him and damaged my wing. No idea if Robin went right to defend or lost traction but yeah, safe to say I wasn't pleased with the outcome. I'd have got the Stewards to look into it but thought they'd most likely put it down to a racing incident and I was just the unlucky one out of it... But to then make matters worse, I got spun around by @TheTubbyNinja once we finally did get to T1. I then let the two Alfas and a Haas go by before proceeding but unfortunately, there was another car coming that I couldn't see and I got hit again and damaged the other side of my wing. Sorry again for that @silver-sponge. Once I did get going again, I was now down in P13 before SilverSponge passed me down the Kemmel Straight.

I decided to stay out as I knew the rain would be stopping soon so I could just replace my front wing when changing to dry tyres. Thankfully I was able to stay with the cars ahead before getting the call to pit on Lap 3. Pitted for the Medium tyres and a new front wing and away I went to try and salvage something from this race.

A lap later and I had an almighty moment at Eau Rouge, as @xUndefinedF1 had just come out of the pits and for some reason I felt the pressure being ahead, heading to Eau Rouge and not wanting an incident to happen if he goes up it quicker than me. I dunno. Either way, I lost the car at Eau Rouge and my instint was to hit the barrier with my rear instead of the front. I have no idea if it makes any difference or not but I was thinking I'd have a better chance of getting out of the situation that way. Maybe I was just completely lucky, but I hit the barrier and thankfully got away with no damage whatsoever! This then led to them passing me, as well as @rich500 and @silver-sponge who I'd end up battling for the next few laps.
I got SilverSponge on Lap 6 on the Kemmel Straight and Rich was going to be next on the next lap, but then Kaspar had a huge crash at Eau Rouge which caused me to brake to make sure I avoided his wrecked car. This then allowed SilverSponge to sneak on by and pass Rich and I down the Kemmel Straight instead! Haha. Finally on the next lap on Lap 9, I did pass Rich on the Kemmel Straight before getting SilverSponge the following lap there.

I now had @Hasnain down the road by 7.8 seconds where I was absolutely pushing it, maybe even too much at times to try and catch up. The first VSC arrived on Lap 12 where @EOttoes and @SamGamerOfficial both pitted and rejoined just behind me. I didn't fight them too hard as they were much quicker than me, but a few laps later they'd both end up having incidents! Eottoes at Pouhon on Lap 16, Sam's at Les Combes on Lap 18 which would result in his retirement and the second VSC deployed. So I was now in P7 with Hasnain just 3.2 seconds ahead but unfortunately, the laps ran out and I finished just a second behind him in P7.

Conclusion
A terrible start but had a nice battle along the way and was motivated to try and chase down that P6 position which I just fell short of grabbing. I can't say I was annoyed by the spin at the start, as I was too busy being annoyed by the initial wing break haha. It's also a bit annoying when I look back at it as if I had just gone a bit more right, I'd have avoided that and the spin. Also to add to the list of annoyances, I got one of my warnings due to my damaged wing and understeering off. Without that, I'd have not got my time penalty and jumped to P6. Not sure where I could have finished without all of that happening. P6 for sure, maybe P5 but not sure about any further positions. Before the race, I was happy with my consistency around here but I just wasn't sure if it was quick enough.

Ah well... On to Italy where I'm not expecting much there tbh.

Reactions: robin8f