Apr 4, 2015
Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 1st December 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

SamGamerOfficial

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Qualifying:

I scored 3rd place during qualifying, it was a bit tricky with trafic sometimes but I still managed to do a decent time still. Tho my pb practise was way faster than what I did so I believe it didnt reflected my true quali pace for today's ultimate qualifying session.

Race:

Like I stated up there I started in P3, had a fairly good start but @Zaack managed to mug me arround the outside, was a great move from him btw and gets the run on me in T3 to do the move stick. A few laps after @Zaack did a late launch in T1 on @robin8f witch caused @Zaack to spin him self and I took bad third place again right behind @maxou13-12 and @robin8f. After a few laps again, Robin makes a slight mistake in T3 witch, he brakes a bit too late and lock his tyres witch comprimised his entry and exit at the end of T4, I took opportunity to make a little switch back manoeuver on him and get early and throttle to get traction and it worked out with gentle squeeze & get inside line in T5 on him to make the move stick. After some laps of DRS train with @maxou13-12 in front and @robin8f behind me I make a slight mistake in T1 and T2 almost losted completly the car witch gave the opportunity to @robin8f to get me back. In lap 9 @maxou13-12 and @robin8f do the opposite of me and both go into the pits and I try the overcut on both witch didnt worked out because my in lap was so poor with old soft compounds and when I came out from the pits both were 2 or 3 seconds in front of me keeping battling btw eachother witch was fine for me because I started to catch them and they were loosing a lot of time by battling for a few laps. Some laps after, when I catched up to the front, @robin8f makes a huge mistake in Lesmo 2 and lose the car and crashs into the wall unfortunetly. @maxou13-12 was right behind him and slowed down because @robin8f 's car flyed in the middle of the circuit, it gave me a hard attack for a few seconds because I tought it would end @maxou13-12 's race and mine as well by getting caught into his car. Luckly it didnt happened and thankfully his car ghosted and we were able to keep going. Meanwhile eas still going full speed and @maxoustarted to regain some speed after @robin8f crashed, I managed to sneak on the inside of him to get in P1, was very opportunistic as well. After, me and him were battling hard for the lead and I managed to broke out of the magical 1 second DRS gap from @maxou13-12 after his little mistake in lesmo 1. At the end I kept it clean and teying to get no pens to secure the win and I did overall managed to do so. First win in AOR. Really happy about my performance today. Looking foward to Singapore next week!

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P10
Set three laps on the Soft tyre. I messed up Ascari on my second lap to end up improving by only a tenth. Then on my final lap, there were yellow flags at Ascari, so I think I got a bit distracted since I didn't know where the car would be and accidentally ended up turning in too early. So in the end, I qualified 10th with a 1:19.679. The invalidated lap would have been a 19.3 and put me 7th. Neither would have been near my PB though.

Race - P10
Thankfully we actually had a long run down to T1 so no incidents like Belgium occurred for me and I was able to get a good start and climb into P8 by the second chicane. Then it all went downhill from here as I damaged my front wing on the next lap at T1... Looking back at it, maybe it was my own fault though. Then I had a few bumps and almost a spin at Lesmo 1 before I finally started to lose positions as we got to the start/finish straight. I opted to stay out and change my wing when I change tyres. As I continued to lose positions, I was able to keep among the battle for 8th and actually made a brilliant overtake for P11 on Lap 8 if I may say so myself haha. Around the outside at T1 from far back, so that was a nice moment. I then ended up battling which lost me time to those ahead, so I decided to pit earlier on this lap for a new wing and Medium tyres.

Rejoined the track in last position and was absolutely pushing it in frustration, so much so that my tyres finished the race on 79% haha. I then caught up to @silver-sponge and had a brilliant battle. I can appreciate it more now, but at the time I didn't want to battle and lose time to those ahead, so that did add to the frustration a bit haha. We swapped positions multiple times and then to make things worse, my DRS went offline on Lap 17! So that didn't help, although it sounds like quite a lot of us had this issue! I just couldn't get away from them and actually hit the back of them on Lap 19 after they had passed, which thankfully didn't cause any damage. At this point, I switched ERS off and pretty much fully restored it before I pushed hard on Lap 21 and got the overtake done and started to finally pull away. To add to the frustration, Silver actually crashed on Lap 23 which made the whole thing a waste of time haha.

I was now in P10 and I could see there was a group of three cars 5 seconds ahead which I tried to chase down, but I lost too much time battling and was only able to close it down to around 2.5 seconds and had to claim P10.

Conclusion
A bad, frustrating race with me damaging my wing again and just things going downhill from there. I did get to have a great battle with @silver-sponge though! Even if it did cause some frustration at the time haha. =P
Congrats to @SamGamerOfficial for winning your first race!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: SamGamerOfficial