PS4 - AOR S18 F5 - Round 15 - Singapore - 08/12/19 @ 8PM UK (GMT) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR S18 F5 - Round 15 - Singapore - 08/12/19 @ 8PM UK (GMT)

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 8th December 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

1575571704750.png

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Last edited:

SamGamerOfficial

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Rly not looking foward to this circuit, suck at it. It's like Monaco 2.0 for me, damage limitation is on. Any points position, I'l take those of course

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P2
A wet qualifying is just what I needed it seems! I left the pits a bit late as I was questioning how I was going to do qualifying before finally deciding I'd just do three single runs. It wasn't until I had set my first timed lap and got back to the pits, that I realised you only get two sets to use in qualifying and that I'd be cutting it close on time... Still, I went out anyway for my second lap and improved by a second before abandoning it and coming into the pits. A bit risky as I'd have qualified 10th if I invalidated my final lap. Thankfully I didn't though and was able to set a 1:55.733 to claim P2! Just 0.099 off Pole!

Race - P3
I was hesitant when it came to choosing the starting tyre, as Silverstone popped into my head when everyone around me went on the other tyre except me haha. Ultimately, I decided to start on the Medium tyre. Thanks to qualifying on the front row, I was actually able to make good use of my good starts for once! So I was able to get straight into P1 at T1! At no point was I expecting a win from this race, but I could see gaps forming on the map which made me think that I could get a good result, but I was waiting for the inevitable where @robin8f came along to overtake me haha. I don't know if our somewhat matched pace was legit, but I kinda felt like he was biding his time.

Then on Lap 5, the ACTUAL Safety Car came out ( :eek: ) and ruined things... Or should that be, I ruined things as I opted to stay out and not pit while 2nd, 3rd and 4th all did. The two Racing Points stayed out which made me feel a bit better haha. Plus it helped put a gap between me and those who pitted, so all I could hope for is that they would hold them up while I hopefully pull away.

We finally got going again at the end of Lap 7 where I had an almighty drift around the final corner haha. Luckily no one was close enough to me to take advantage of that mistake though. A gap did form to 4th but not so much to 2nd where @Hamres22 was keeping the pressure on until they pitted on Lap 10. I actually hit the wall on this lap too on the exit of T17. I was pretty lucky not to get damage! I then carried on for a few more laps and pitted on Lap 13 for the Hard tyre.

It was pretty close on the exit with @Hamres22 where maybe I could have done more, but due to how the exit is, I didn't want an incident, so Hamres ended up passing me. I had to wait for the next lap until I could regain the position down at T7 to put myself up into P10. Then over the course of the next 7 laps, I was able to make my way through to P4, the majority of which I felt like let me through, unless it was a legit speed difference on the Boulevard DRS straight, while others pitted and one crashed. I expected a much tougher time with @TheTubbyNinja who certainly put up a fight to defend P3. I did somewhat attempt a move on Lap 24 but didn't pull it off. Then got a little concerned as Hamres was now on the back of us but the next time around, I finally got the overtake done and got P3. With just a few laps left, I knew I wouldn't be able to catch up to @maxou13-12 who was 14 seconds ahead, plus we were doing similar times. So in the end, I crossed the line to take P3! Not before I almost had a moment after the fireworks went off and my frame rate tanked and almost caused me to have an incident at the penultimate corner haha!

Conclusion
Brilliant race! That qualifying made all the difference I think. It allowed me to take the lead and remain there until my pitstop on Lap 13. In retrospect, I should have pitted under the Safety Car. Maybe then I could have had a chance at 2nd, maybe even 1st? Who knows. Either way, I wasn't expecting a podium here so I'm pleased with that. =)

Last edited:
Reactions: robin8f

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Qualifying - P2
A wet qualifying is just what I needed it seems! I left the pits a bit late as I was questioning how I was going to do qualifying before finally deciding I'd just do three single runs. It wasn't until I had set my first timed lap and got back to the pits, that I realised you only get two sets to use in qualifying and that I'd be cutting it close on time... Still, I went out anyway for my second lap and improved by a second before abandoning it and coming into the pits. A bit risky as I'd have qualified 10th if I invalidated my final lap. Thankfully I didn't though and was able to set a 1:55.733 to claim P2! Just 0.099 off Pole!

Race - P3
I was hesitant when it came to choosing the starting tyre, as Silverstone popped into my head when everyone around me went on the other tyre except me haha. Ultimately, I decided to start on the Medium tyre. Thanks to qualifying on the front row, I was actually able to make good use of my good starts for once! So I was able to get straight into P1 at T1! At no point was I expecting a win from this race, but I could see gaps forming on the map which made me think that I could get a good result, but I was waiting for the inevitable where @robin8f came along to overtake me haha. I don't know if our somewhat matched pace was legit, but I kinda felt like he was biding his time.

Then on Lap 5, the ACTUAL Safety Car came out ( :eek: ) and ruined things... Or should that be, I ruined things as I opted to stay out and not pit while 2nd, 3rd and 4th all did. The two Racing Points stayed out which made me feel a bit better haha. Plus it helped put a gap between me and those who pitted, so all I could hope for is that they would hold them up while I hopefully pull away.

We finally got going again at the end of Lap 7 where I had an almighty drift around the final corner haha. Luckily no one was close enough to me to take advantage of that mistake though. A gap did form to 4th but not so much to 2nd where @Hamres22 was keeping the pressure on until they pitted on Lap 10. I actually hit the wall on this lap too on the exit of T17. I was pretty lucky not to get damage! I then carried on for a few more laps and pitted on Lap 13 for the Hard tyre.

It was pretty close on the exit with @Hamres22 where maybe I could have done more, but due to how the exit is, I didn't want an incident, so Hamres ended up passing me. I had to wait for the next lap until I could regain the position down at T7 to put myself up into P10. Then over the course of the next 7 laps, I was able to make my way through to P4, the majority of which I felt like let me through, unless it was a legit speed difference on the Boulevard DRS straight, while others pitted and one crashed. I expected a much tougher time with @TheTubbyNinja who certainly put up a fight to defend P3. I did somewhat attempt a move on Lap 24 but didn't pull it off. Then got a little concerned as Hamres was now on the back of us but the next time around, I finally got the overtake done and got P3. With just a few laps left, I knew I wouldn't be able to catch up to @maxou13-12 who was 14 seconds ahead, plus we were doing similar times. So in the end, I crossed the line to take P3! Not before I almost had a moment after the fireworks went off and my frame rate tanked and almost caused me to have an incident at the penultimate corner haha!

Conclusion
Brilliant race! That qualifying made all the difference I think. It allowed me to take the lead and remain there until my pitstop on Lap 13. In retrospect, I should have pitted under the Safety Car. Maybe then I could have had a chance at 2nd, maybe even 1st? Who knows. Either way, I wasn't expecting a podium here so I'm pleased with that. =)
My plan was to draw Hamres in, in the hope he would start fighting you and give me a few laps of breathing room. wasn’t too many laps off pulling it off!

• Clever
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake