PS4 - AOR S18 F5 - Round 19 - USA - 19/01/19 @ 8PM UK (GMT) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR S18 F5 - Round 19 - USA - 19/01/19 @ 8PM UK (GMT)

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Round 19 - United States Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th January 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of The Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
1579093542719.png

It seems the game isn't very strict on the exits of turns 9 and 19, please make sure you adhere to track limits at all times. I won't be chasing anyone up but know that you can be penalised regardless of whether the game gives you a penalty or not.

• Informative
Reactions: SamGamerOfficial

SamGamerOfficial

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
View attachment 100493
It seems the game isn't very strict on the exits of turns 9 and 19, please make sure you adhere to track limits at all times. I won't be chasing anyone up but know that you can be penalised regardless of whether the game gives you a penalty or not.
Aren't we allowed to extend naturally the exit curb of turn 9? Like real F1 drivers does. It is more realistic in my opinion and less steering input putted in to go easy on tyres that overheats quiet quickly around this track.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Aren't we allowed to extend naturally the exit curb of turn 9? Like real F1 drivers does. It is more realistic in my opinion and less steering input putted in to go easy on tyres that overheats quiet quickly around this track.
No. White lines are the track limits.

• Sad
Reactions: SamGamerOfficial

SamGamerOfficial

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
No. White lines are the track limits.
Could we also put midday time instead of official time, because the last corner is just horendous to judge with the sun that completly blinds us off. Could also be dangerous if someone spin around the final corner and so another upcoming fast car can't quiet see anything to take evasive action...

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P10
Started the session with two runs on the Hard tyre, the first of which being a banker lap. The second lap wasn't much better as it was a bit of a mess. Then I went and did two runs on the Medium tyre. Not much to say except after the session, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at how bad it went haha! In the end, I set a 1:33.281 to claim P10.

Race - P7
The start off the line was okay considering everyone around me was on the Soft tyre, but then T1 was where it all happened. I'm not sure if @Heaxxy or @Hamres22 made contact with @Hasnain, but that allowed me to quickly gain two positions before grabbing a third after @silver-sponge went wide. At the end of the back straight, @EOttoes and @TheTubbyNinja ended up side by side where I then took the risk of trying to follow Eottoes through the inside of T13. It worked as I then ended up alongside TubbyNinja before going around the outside at T16 to move myself up into P6. So it was a great first lap for me climbing four places!

I quickly lost a position on the second lap at the hairpin to @Heaxxy who was recovering from the beginning of the race, but I soon regained the position on the third lap after @Hamres had a spin. I was then trying to close down @EOttoes which didn't happen until towards the end of Lap 7, with T1 on the next lap being my opportunity as he had a bit of a slide and I was able to go around the outside to make the pass at T2. I then started to close down Heaxxy but before I could pass him on track, he dove into the pits on Lap 9, leaving me to now lead the race! For a bit at least, as @robin8f and @maxou13-12 who had already pitted, were soon on their way as they were only 2.5 seconds behind. I didn't put up a fight against them while they both made their way through on the back straight on Lap 11 before I pitted on Lap 12 for the Hard tyre.

Annoyingly as I pitted, I broke the speed limit by 2mph and got myself a 5 second penalty... I came out the pits in P6 and quickly had @Hamres22 closing in on me, which was further helped when we got to the back of @rich500. I passed him at T1 on Lap 16 but unfortunately, so did Hamres who later passed me on the back straight. It wasn't over yet though as I then made the move at the same place, but ended up being side by side before it looked like I had got the position back by T14. However, Hamres had other ideas and dived down the inside of T16 where I quickly had to turn out of the corner and in again. We then ended up side by side around T17 & T18 (why these are classified as two separate corners, I don't know haha.) before messing up the corner that I had been struggling with of T19 and just drove straight of the track, allowing Hamres to once and for all claim P5.

I think I recall trying to do something at this point but I can't remember what exactly, except the fact it didn't work haha, as I then dropped away from @Hamres22 while @Hasnain was only about a second behind me. Nothing else happened after this as I was just trying to catch up to Hamres while also not falling to Hasnain. In the end, I finished P6, before jumping to P5 briefly due to Hamres' penalties, before I then dropped down to P7 due to my own penalties...

Conclusion
To sum this whole event up, I think it was a case of not knowing whether to laugh or cry haha! I was struggling a lot with T19 and I think I remember pushing too hard after Hamres passed which caused me to get warnings and penalties. The penalty for the pit speed limit didn't help either so yeah... It was a really disappointing race this one and I remember during it feeling frustrated. From what I recall of the other races, I feel like this was easily the worst I've driven in a race, especially around here too. I remember having a great result a few seasons ago but yeah, it was an absolute mess this season haha.

Reactions: robin8f and EOttoes