Apr 4, 2015
Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th August 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@AERO_Cobra

Last edited:

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Will most likely have to miss this one. Been invited to a wedding Sunday evening. Will confirm on Sunday

• Informative
Reactions: Bankai_Bullett

AERO_Cobra

Rookie
Jan 13, 2014
I'll be missing this one, I'll be at a festival which I'd already planned before signing up. We got some decent DJ's over here you see I'll be back for China

• Informative
Reactions: Bankai_Bullett

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
What sort of pace should we all be looking for then ? Lol because I’m not so good I don’t think xD
Uhh.... no idea tbh.

I have 2 different strategies, with wildly different pace, so it's a toss up. But 1:33's isn't good... just to point you in the right direction ;)

Hamres22

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 4, 2018
Sorry guys, i`m too late back from an event.

So i miss the second race :(

Good race !!!!!!!

Zaack

Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2019
This race really pissed me off, good start but i had no grip the entire race, don't really know why, then while i'm battling for 7th position with @Bankai_Bullett @MSC-Schumacher that was behind me brakes late in turn 1 way too far to overtake me, he pushes me and compromises my turn 2-3 and then he decided to attack me again in turn 4 pushing me again and in turn 6 while i was on his side he doesn't leave me space and i brake my front wing. It's ok to make that mistake in turn 1 but you can't really attack me again when you compromise my run, really unfair, i can accept almost everything but this really pissed me off.

Zaack

Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2019

Look how close i'm to @Bankai_Bullett in turn 1 and then look in turn 3. It isn't that big deal but I really hate that behavior, like 5 other drivers overtook me today, didn't have a single problem

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015

Look how close i'm to @Bankai_Bullett in turn 1 and then look in turn 3. It isn't that big deal but I really hate that behavior, like 5 other drivers overtook me today, didn't have a single problem
I gotta say Zaack... Schumacher had the position into the Esses. You should've backed off... you effectively caused your own damage there mate by cutting the corner the way you did.

Zaack

Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2019
In turn 1 you weren't and in the video i posted it's clear, and from there everythin started

Heaxxy

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 21, 2019
Qualification: 2nd I had a good lap but I could still go 2-3 tenth fastest

Race: 1st race without pitfalls of I managed of turn 5 when I passed kerbinator and after I kept the rhythm of 2 nd

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaack

Walsh89-

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: 7th

Didn't get the best lap in, lost a tenth and half in turns 9/10 on my previous lap so probably should have been a late 27 on the mediums but wouldn't have made much difference to my grid position.

Race: 2nd

Got a pretty average start but held on to P7 and went for the outside for turn 1 which turned out to be a very good decision as a few cars on the inside got caught up with each other and I was able to just about sneak around the outside of it all. That put me up to P4 behind @Zaack and once I settled into a rhythm I started to put pressure on him for 3rd. Managed to get the overtake done at the start of lap 5 after faking to the outside and then going down the inside.

Then was chasing after the top two but to be honest my pace wasn't good enough and I was just focused on manolo behind. I stayed ahead of him until the pit stop. I was so close to speeding when I came in, 50mph bang on as I crossed the line! @SolidNinjaSnake got between me and Manolo when he joined again at the start of lap 13 and as a result i managed to get out of DRS range and just tried to keep the gap for the rest of the race.

Just about managed to hold the chasing cars outside of a second with the gap staying between 1.2-2.0 seconds most of the stint until the last couple of laps. I was closing on @kerkinator1996 as he was struggling on worn hards and Hercules had overtaken the cars behind and was closing on me.

Kerkinator looked like he had no grip at all on the penultimate lap and then he got a puncture in the second to last corner allowing me and @Hercules through into 2nd and 3rd. I knew Hercules had a 3 second penalty going into the last lap so I sort of half tried to fight him when he got the run into turn 1 but when he got a great run towards turn 4 I didn't want to risk any contact so half heartedly tried to hang on around the outside of turn 4 and then just cruised around the last lap making sure to stay within 3 seconds.

Happy to take P2 as the pace just wasn't there and I definitely should have been lower down the field as qualifying showed. Didn't have the confidence under braking in the Renault that I had in Australia so will have to look at fixing that for China.

Well done Heeaxy on the win and also to Hercules on 3rd place from 11th on the grid.

Reactions: Zaack