Apr 4, 2015
Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 1st September 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Schumi3garcia

Last edited:

Walsh89-

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Well it's been a good start to the season for me so far but here's where it ends.

The only question is which wall will it be...

Walsh89-

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: 6th

Didn't find a rhythm at all in qualifying and was half a second off my PB in the end. Felt I could have had P3 or P4 but P6 was ok I guess.

Race: 4th

Poor start with a lot of wheel spin and then a Haas divebombed into turn 1 and then nearly spun which was interesting but got through it ok in P7. I was behind @Zaack in the opening laps and got close to him around lap 3/4 but made a mistake into turn 5 locking the rear which dropped me out of DRS range and then the tyres started to really go off over the next couple of laps which put Hercules on the back of me by the time I pitted.

Came out just behind my teammate and the William's. Caught up to the back of Roadhouse but despite having a lot of extra pace I I couldn't find a way past as he had DRS from the cars in front. Zaack was catching quickly with me losing quite a bit but I had no front end grip with my setup following another car so couldn't do anything. Roadhouse pitted and Cobra had also made his way past both William's so that left me to attack NinjaSnake.

Got the run on NinjaSnake with DRS and easily made the pass around lap 18 I think which put me up to 6th behind my teammate by a couple of seconds. On lap 20 there was an incident through the castle section and I ended up alongside Hercules who had wing damage, I just about got past after going side by side for a couple of corners.

The next lap was almost a distaster, @AERO_Cobra hit the inside wall going into the castle section and was then sideways across the track, I slammed the brakes as I came through but went straight through his car, fortunately it had ghosted just in time but it's safe to say I needed new trousers after that one.

Closing laps I was running P4 with Zaack closing in on me and also I was closing on Hamres who seemingly had wing damage. I had plenty of fuel left so was able to hold off Zaack just about and finished just over a second off Hamres taking P4.

Happy with the result as I couldn't hate this track anymore. I took it easy for a lot of the race, I tried not to take many risks on the brakes and as a result my race pace was slower than I could have done but the goal was to finish the race with no wing damage and somehow managed that.

Not a huge fan of Spain but compared to Baku I can't wait to drive Catalunya.

Congrats to @robin8f, @maxou13-12 and @Hamres22 on the podium places and everyone else who finished this awesome race.

Reactions: Zaack and robin8f

maxou13-12

Pro Karter
Jun 29, 2019
first of all RIP Antoine Hubert
it was a driver I love and I followed the f2 just for him this weekend upset me
I did not have the motivation for this race

I did not work on the strategy I thought that the hard ones would use more than that
So I qualify in soft p11

Race :
I overtake some pilot in soft until I come back to the pits and put the hard whom I had a very good race pace
I finished p2 first podium of the season
first race without accidents of the season , I will try to go back to the championship
this podium is entirely for Antoine Hubert

my race highlights

Reactions: robin8f

rich500

Pro Karter
Aug 4, 2018
Another disappointing showing from me...

Quali 10th : Couldn't get a lap in I was happy with. Distracted a bit by a slow Williams on the inside of the T15 on my fastest lap but didn't effect my final position.

Race 11th : Start was ok, made a couple of positions and the car was feeling ok so pushed it a bit but immediately made a mistake in the last sector. Lost a position straight away to Bankai, then again to the two Toro Rosso's in sector 1 of the next lap . Not a good few corners for me. Held position and pitted on L6 onto the hards and into clean air. Was happy with my pace, keeping it clean for a couple of laps but coming out of T3 clipped the wall and got yellow wing damage. Car didn't feel the same after that, don't know how much it cost me in lap time but I kept going. Towards the end was 11th and the last runner after DNF's so decided to go for fastest lap and pitted for softs. Strangely the crew didn't change the wing even though I had it on auto repair. Anyway managed the fastest lap but still crossed the line in 11th and went home with nothing....

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P4
I was now able to put more practice in for this race, which funnily enough turned out to be a disaster on the first lobby attempt. So I was pretty thankful for the second chance once we restarted qualifying. With that being said, my first lap wasn't great as there were yellow flags at T2 which I was cautious going through, then had cars off the track and moving aside at T3 so it was a bit distracting. My second lap, however, went much better.

For my final lap, my teammate left the pits ahead of me. I thought they may let me through considering I was on the Soft and they were on the Medium but they didn't. It wasn't a big deal though, but then when I got to the castle section, I see bits of front wing bouncing around. At the time I thought the whole thing cost me time but I don't think it did as they were out the way. Maybe a bit distracting but that's about it. Carried on with my lap and finished with a 1:38.229. A bit disappointing if I'm honest but it got me P4 which is my best qualifying position of the season so far, so not all bad.

Race - P6
Had a good start off the line and ended up going through T2 alongside @Hamres22 but I had a worse exit than them. Then Hamres braked early for T3 which allowed me to go around the outside for the overtake to claim P3. At T15 @AERO_Cobra hit the wall and damaged their wing. I was expecting an easy pass to soon follow but their pace never slowed down so I guess it wasn't too badly damaged. Not a lot happened after until the end of Lap 5/start of Lap 6 where Hamres got a good run on me to attempt the pass at T1 but went too deep, allowing me to do the switchback. Then they got a good run on me again and made the pass around the outside at T3, so a nice battle. I was going to pit this lap but opted to do the opposite of whatever Hamres did. They ended up pitting so I carried on for another lap and pitted on Lap 7 for the Hard tyre.

I rejoined the track in P8 behind @Hamres22 but now ahead of @AERO_Cobra who had pitted on Lap 5. We soon caught up to the back of my teammate on Lap 10 who Hamres overtook, but before I could attempt to, the VSC came out. Then on the restart at T12, I reacted quicker than my teammate and ended up hitting their rear and damaging my wing... I was still turning left too, ready to go around them but yeah... Got unlucky and hit them but did overtake before T13 still. I questioned pitting but it didn't actually feel as bad as I was expecting, so I opted to carry on and run the rest of the stint to the end with a damaged wing and hope for the best, as well as hope there was a full Safety Car appearance haha.

Over the course of the next 10 laps, I was overtaken by @AERO_Cobra, @maxou13-12 and @Walsh89- all at T1 which left me down in P7 until Lap 20 where there was an incident at the castle section, which looked to be @Hercules who pitted and allowed me to gain a position. Then on the next lap at the castle section, I took caution as there were yellow flags again and just saw the end of Cobra's car slightly in the air! Luckily there was a bit of space to allow me to get past to gain another position, which didn't last long as on the next lap I once again lost a position at T1, this time to @Zaack. Thankfully that was the last of being overtaken though as I was now on my own and just drove to the finish to claim another P6.

Conclusion
A disappointing result as the race was going well up until the VSC which resulted in me hitting the back of my teammate. Happy that I managed to avoid all the walls but just couldn't avoid my teammate haha! Another potential podium slipped away but I'll take another P6 at least. Spain next which I'm not too optimistic about but we'll see how it goes.

Heaxxy

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 21, 2019
Sorry I did not see the message but I am at fault I packed it against the wall, but also I start driving before I was at the mannete I it is not an excuse but good

Zaack

Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2019
Tomorrow I'll share the video of the race, sorry but i just put the wrong race and i don't how to delete the message :ROFLMAO:

Zaack

Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2019
Didn't really expect to get 5th since I couldn't even put together a good lap in TT, I tried a few laps in free practice just before the race to put together a setup and I think I found a good compromise between top speed and rear stability that was a problem in Bahrain.

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race was going ok till I messed up T3 at the start of my second stint and got damage. P10 in the end so still in the points but felt like a bit of a missed opportunity.