PS4 - AOR S18 F7 - Main Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR S18 F7 - Main Discussion

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
AOR PS4 F7 League - Season 18
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the AOR PS4 F7 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

League Coordinator(s): @iJokeri22
Lobby Host: @iJokeri22
Backup host(s): TBC

Drivers and Teams:

Drivers and teams will be added here after the car selection process has been completed!

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team

1. @JebeFIN - Super-Jesse_ - Finnish - #21
  2. @Andrei Ivan - andre_ivan1980 - Romanian - #39

Scuderia Ferrari
  1. @schumizeu - vlarichello - Romanian -

Aston Martin RedBull Racing
  1. @Steen16 - Steentje12 - Dutch - #61
  2. @Aston Martinez - Aston--Martinez - Dutch - #89

Racing Point BWT Mercedes
  1. @humbo - humbostone- British - #98

ROKiT Williams Racing
  1. @iJokeri22 - iJokeri22 - British - #22
  2. @syluntbob - syluntbob - British - #68

Renault F1 Team
  1. @JCoL - ILRT_JCoL - British - #98
  2. @EVR_Matt3r_ - ILRT_Matt3r - British - #9

Scuderia ToroRosso
  1. @Oner Schumacher - onerurcum - Turkish - #76
  2. @stifler1000 - stifler1000 - German - #87

Haas F1 Team

McLaren

1. @Rabaca10 - RABACA_22 - Portugal - #14

Alfa Romeo Racing
  1. @jochen3660 - jochen3660 - Belgium - #6
  2. @SaMadhi_ - SaMadhi_ - Finnish - #2
Reserves

Last edited by a moderator:

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Welcome to F7 everyone I look forward to us all having an enjoyable and most importantly clean season, this is my first time codding a league on my own so if you could all go easy on me that would be greatly appreciated. :p

For those who haven't already make sure to post in the car selection thread before the deadline on Friday and introduce your self in the driver introduction thread.

If everyone can make sure they add me on PSN (iJokeri22) before Sunday and if there's any problems feel free to ask.

@JebeFIN @Andrei Ivan @Paddyjamie @humbo @Steen16 @Patido @Poser @JCoL @EVR_Matt3r_ @Wobbuffet @Rali 16 @moana2907 @DeclanS02 @JohnnyR95 @Nick Brown @jochen3660 @Kiimii95 @Demon_Racing1

Reactions: EVR_Matt3r_

Rali 16

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 25, 2018
wait i just read through the driver placement thread and apparently this is a no racing line league???

that's going to be an issue for me if that's the case. I always thought that the top 3-4 leagues were the ones that didn't allow racing line, not the top 7.

"Drivers who get placed in lower leagues are allowed to use the auto gears and racing line assists if necessary."

I would class F7 as a lower league.

@iJokeri22

Last edited:

Nick Brown

S15 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Sep 21, 2017
wait i just read through the driver placement thread and apparently this is a no racing line league???

that's going to be an issue for me if that's the case. I always thought that the top 3-4 leagues were the ones that didn't allow racing line, not the top 7.

"Drivers who get placed in lower leagues are allowed to use the auto gears and racing line assists if necessary."

I would class F7 as a lower league.
Yeah they had no RL all the way down to F6 a couple of season's ago, but because there are more Leagues this year it's been increased all the way down to F7. I struggled with it in S16, and I'm still not fully up to speed with no RL, all I can say is the more practice the better.

Reactions: Rali 16

Rali 16

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 25, 2018
I also did say in my signup that I wouldn't be able to race no assists if i was in a 'top league'...

Thanks for the advice, seems like i will have to practice a hell of a lot.

Reactions: Nick Brown

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Anyway @iJokeri22 (back to the present day after the brief trip down memory lane;)) whats the situation looking like regarding hosting duties for the season, we're only a couple days from the first race when can we all expect to hear something regarding this?

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Anyway @iJokeri22 (back to the present day after the brief trip down memory lane;)) whats the situation looking like regarding hosting duties for the season, we're only a couple days from the first race when can we all expect to hear something regarding this?
I'm capable of hosting myself which would probably be the easiest solution but I'll have a look through the speed tests and see if there are any that are stand out.

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Andrei Ivan @JohnnyR95 @jochen3660 Still waiting for you guys to accept my friend request on PSN I wont be going looking for you at the last minute while setting up the lobby so if you don't accept it you wont get invited.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@Andrei Ivan @JohnnyR95 @jochen3660 Still waiting for you guys to accept my friend request on PSN I wont be going looking for you at the last minute while setting up the lobby so if you don't accept it you wont get invited.
JohnnyR95 I believe is on my friends list, if he doesn't accept your friend request Joker I can still invite him to the lobby on your behalf, but whether he joins is currently a unknown I guess.

moana2907

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 6, 2014
Guys please,
Don't stay on the racing line during qualifying. I got twice someone in the middle that ruined my lap.

Also avoid sending message to the party during the race or qualy that's very annoying smh.

Sorry to boring haha

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Guys please,
Don't stay on the racing line during qualifying. I got twice someone in the middle that ruined my lap.

Also avoid sending message to the party during the race or qualy that's very annoying smh.

Sorry to boring haha
I always turn off notifications when we start qualy I recommend doing the same. :)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@iJokeri22

Due to an unexpected turn of events in my family/personal life, my sunday afternoons/evenings are no longer free for at least the next couple months.
So unfortunately I have no option other then to immediately resign from the league, its the first time I've ever had to do this but its the right thing to do, so that someone else who can participate week in week out is not denied the opportunity to do so.

Anyway I lastly want to wish everyone all the best for the rest of the season.(y)

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@iJokeri22

Due to an unexpected turn of events in my family/personal life, my sunday afternoons/evenings are no longer free for at least the next couple months.
So unfortunately I have no option other then to immediately resign from the league, its the first time I've ever had to do this but its the right thing to do, so that someone else who can participate week in week out is not denied the opportunity to do so.

Anyway I lastly want to wish everyone all the best for the rest of the season.(y)
Ok hope to see you back soon. :)

Nick Brown

S15 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Sep 21, 2017
I quit, I joined AOR for fair racing I have no desire to be in Esports (I'm 36 I think that train has left the station) I massively enjoyed the first couple of seasons but for S16 they forced nearly all the leagues to race with no RL I struggled through but it put me off returning for S17, I can practice a few nights a week but as soon as another car is anywhere near me Im so focused on staying on the track I cant race, so whats the point. I am happy to move to F8 or even the assist league but I'm not enjoying racing with no RL (its the 2nd round and we are already down to 13 players, I bet if RL was allowed we would not of lost so many), have fun this season guys Im not gonna carry on with no RL as Im not enjoying it. Cheers

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 3 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
After some great performances in F9, @Coddiehard and @Zolaaman are being promoted to the F7 tier!

Make sure to head over to the car selection thread HERE and get yourselves a new car. Also please ensure to add @iJokeri22 on PSN so that he can get you guys your invites for tomorrow night.

Reactions: iJokeri22

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Please also welcome @silver-sponge and @Oner Schumacher to F7. :)

Head over to the car selection thread here to choose your new car and be sure to send me a friend request on PSN so I can add you to the group and invite you my gamertag is the same as on AOR.

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
After some great performances in F9, @Coddiehard and @Zolaaman are being promoted to the F7 tier!

Make sure to head over to the car selection thread HERE and get yourselves a new car. Also please ensure to add @iJokeri22 on PSN so that he can get you guys your invites for tomorrow night.
Welcome looks like your both quite fast so I look forward to racing you as Curly said be sure to send me a friend request on PSN. :)

Reactions: Zolaaman