PC - AOR S18 PC F8 League - Round 09 - Austrian Grand Prix [13/10/2019 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR S18 PC F8 League - Round 09 - Austrian Grand Prix [13/10/2019 08:00PM]

Dobby

F1 Coordinator & S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@TheSevi87

Dobby

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
So I am your new coordinator starting from today! Lets finish the remainder of the season with a blast shall we? If you have problems make sure to always let me know, and I will try to help!

Kippetje

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 30, 2018
3rd time in a row my race got fucked outside of my control. This one stings extra badly because it's one of my favorite tracks and I practiced more than usual, qualified P3 (highest yet this season and was P3 up until Lap 8. Then a Haas in front of me spun in the final turn and lost control, it just happened to be exactly the most unfortunate spin ever as well where there was absolutely no avoiding it. Normal mistake though, it happens... still sucks though :(

@P1g3oN Sorry about the unsafe rejoin, I should have waited with turning until you guys were past me. I THINK that we were lucky and I was ghosted, but that could have ended badly.

After that the race was 100% over for me, had to go for hard and cruised all the way to the end, wasn't really able to get myself to try as hard anymore as it was really pointless... Video below shows the moment & some saves of almost spinning.

P1g3oN

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 6, 2018
@P1g3oN Sorry about the unsafe rejoin, I should have waited with turning until you guys were past me. I THINK that we were lucky and I was ghosted, but that could have ended badly.
Yeah we got lucky that time. I think I could've just barely avoided you if you hadn't ghosted but thankfully I didn't have to.

Reactions: Kippetje and Dobby

Dobby

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
3rd time in a row my race got fucked outside of my control. This one stings extra badly because it's one of my favorite tracks and I practiced more than usual, qualified P3 (highest yet this season and was P3 up until Lap 8. Then a Haas in front of me spun in the final turn and lost control, it just happened to be exactly the most unfortunate spin ever as well where there was absolutely no avoiding it. Normal mistake though, it happens... still sucks though :(

After that the race was 100% over for me, had to go for hard and cruised all the way to the end, wasn't really able to get myself to try as hard anymore as it was really pointless... Video below shows the moment & some saves of almost spinning.

Damn thats unfortunate, just as a tip, you should try to brake a little earlier when you see someone spinning, then you would've avoided it most likely. Still really unfortunate! I am sure things will turn around for you soon, you got the pace!

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
After a disappointing quali for what is one of my favourite tracks I managed through some good tyre management and consistent pace climb from P11 to P5. Staying within the track and avoiding penalties helped as well! Had some great battles along the way with @Kryxeno and @Matej Nedeljak , in which I came out on top ;)

I don’t usually upload highlights but I might do it tomorrow since this race was so eventful!

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Another weekend that my PC is under maintenance. Also, as an insult to the injury, I was out of internet or any kind of connection for the half of the day up until now. Sorry I didn't let you know my absence tonight faster @Dobby as it was a last minute thing. I don't usually do stuff like this. :(

Reactions: Dobby

Kippetje

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 30, 2018
Damn thats unfortunate, just as a tip, you should try to brake a little earlier when you see someone spinning, then you would've avoided it most likely. Still really unfortunate! I am sure things will turn around for you soon, you got the pace!
Maybe yeah, I thought he caught it initially which is why I went to the right as well instead of the left. Funnily enough a similar thing happened last AOR I participated in, but managed to avoid that one just barely :D