PC - AOR S18 PC F8 League - Round 19 - United States Grand Prix [19/01/2020 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR S18 PC F8 League - Round 19 - United States Grand Prix [19/01/2020 08:00PM]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Dobby

F1 Coordinator & S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
Round 19 - United States Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th January 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of The Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
I fricking hate this game and my life. First I was trying to pick the correct tyre for my box as it was a last minute call... But then I couldn't make the choice and got stuck in the intermediate selection. So made another stop and put mediums on. I got the fastest lap and said 'It's not that bad I still can have 2 points.' THEN, my stuff got discconnected so I crashed... I mean is there no mercy for me this season? Like... at all?

Thank you for listening. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Dobby

VegaZ

S18 AOR PC F8 Champion
Aug 19, 2019
What a race. Top start from @Jan Doring and he was gone. I think it was Lap 10 when he pitted, the funny thing was at this point that i didn't remember the pit window for the medium tyre. :D Also i didn't checked the MFD because the confusing thing was that i made a soft - medium strat, while Jan was going soft - hard. To pick the hard tires confused me so much that my whole plan on the strategy was kinda screwed. :D So i had to pit the next lap after he pitted. My fear was that these tires won't survive the race, luckily they did.

Such a challenging race, Jan had an amazing pace, it was tough to keep up with him while i was on mediums. Also got some nice fights. Congrats mate. :cool:

Reactions: Jan Doring

Sabba7h

F1 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
note to self: get a wheelstand bcos apparently 40kg on the loadcell makes your pedals shift under the wood blocks you put there to stop them, who would have thought
: openeyecryingemoji:

Reactions: Jan Doring

Jan Doring

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 23, 2019
First off, thanks @VegaZ for the awesome race. Plan A was to make a Soft-Medium strat but I noticed my softs were degrading as hell so my plan was to do a soft-hard. I was suprised that Vega was managing those mediums prety well. I was hot lapping every lap trying to get at least a second off to break that DRS.

Congratz to @VegaZ, great fight.
Also congratz to @Dobby for his first podium of this season, you deserve it after being unlucky af this season.

Last edited:

MisterJasper

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Congrats to the podium winners!

My race highlights:
Probably my worst lap 1 ever, forgot to put my ers back to hotlap after formation lap. Started stressing out and suddenly the lights were out already. At the end of sector 1 I spun myself and ended up last... from P2. Managed to get back to the car ahead in free air. After the pit stop I spun again, exactly the same as I did in lap 1.
Luckily no damage both times so I just kept pushing and made it to P6 thanks to adam’s fetish of collecting corner cuts and exceeding track limits warnings.