XB1 - AOR S18 XB1 F6 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR S18 XB1 F6 League - Main Thread

Daz190uk

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 26, 2015
Hi guys, sorry to intrude, but I was thinking about signing up to the league.

What's putting me off is that I might be right at the back of the field and off the pace - I'm doing a 1.09.8 at Brazil in TT at the moment to try to benchmark myself against some of you here but looks like too slow to compete really based on TT times for most of you a second or so quicker? Any advice (on whether it's worth joining, rather than how to be quicker)?

Docilediamond5

S18 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Aug 21, 2019

What's putting me off is that I might be right at the back of the field and off the pace - I'm doing a 1.09.8 at Brazil in TT at the moment to try to benchmark myself against some of you here but looks like too slow to compete really based on TT times for most of you a second or so quicker? Any advice (on whether it's worth joining, rather than how to be quicker)?
Talk to the admins of leagues on pm. @Bernie and @BosslyGaming are the ones for this league. And you probably won’t be at the back anyways, there is quite a big field spread in this league so I wouldn’t worry. May I ask where you’re from?

Best Kiko

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 4, 2019

depends on how much effort you are putting on improving.... if you focus on getting better and have the time to do it you'll soon find the pace. Remember that this is a semi-assist league. Which means that you can't use breaking and traction assists. However, some people on the league use lines and even automatic gears.

If you want a full assist league there is that as well.

FORMULA1FAN71

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 2, 2019

The time trials don’t really have much of a bearing on how good you are in a league because it is just a hot lap and not a 50% strategized race. I also did a 1:09.808 but I still managed to be partly competitive when I first joined and got a win. There is also a lot of field spread here, so there’s a lot of positions you could normally be in

Daz190uk

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 26, 2015
Thanks guys. I'll give it some thought.

No doubt a lot of room to improve, only did a few laps (had the line on, though) and I've been on iRacing for the past few months so very out of practice on F1. If driving standards are good and the racing is clean it sounds like it will be enjoyable with the field here.

Bernie

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 7, 2016
Lol I thought Bossly did it haha. Not home atm will do asap.

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
@Bernie i will be pushing time tonight. So get a backup host ready for if im not there aswell as Delta