PC - AOR S2 America PC F1 League - Driver Introduction Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR S2 America PC F1 League - Driver Introduction Thread

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
AOR America PC F1 League - Season 2
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:
  1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
  2. What's your previous league racing experience?
  3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track!

Last edited:

BRL_Joao_Pedro_90

Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2019
  1. Who are you? Hi, my name is João Pedro, i am 18 years old from Brazil. My wheel is the Logitech G29 that i use on PC, and one Thrustmaster TMX on the XB1.
  2. What's your previous league racing experience? I race on league races since 2015, i am 4 time champion from BRL( Brazilian Racing League) and have always look up to have a chance on AOR. And on last years's eSports Series i qualified on 10th place on the Monaco event on XB1. Link of my run:
  3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead? I always aim for the win and the championship, but there are some fast guys here so it will be really hard to keep up. But will do my best every single race and wanna have fun. :D

Attachments

ItzTriton

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Hello guys! Welcome everyone that is new to the league, my name is Ryan and I am 20 years old and was born in Australia but I currently live in California. Towards the end of last season I upgraded my wheel and pedals which sorta helped me begin to speed up so I am super excited to try and unleash my full potential this season!

I have been league racing only since last year and made it a serious commitment just 8-9 months ago. I am currently a deputy admin for SLR, a European-based league with a good amount of fast drivers and am currently P2 in the standings there after finishing P6 in the previous season. I also competed in Season 1 of the AOR America Split, coming P4 but I had begun to get on pace of the front runners and consistently fight for podiums. In a couple weeks I intend to start driving in my first Assetto Corsa league as well!

In terms of the championship, realistically I would want to try and fight for P2 and try to get on pace with @Raven or at least get close. However I see there are some other guys here who might pose a challenge so we will see how it goes over the course of the season! Hope to have some good races with you guys!

Painfulstorm

Formula Karter
Feb 1, 2017
Hello everyone! My name is John and I am 27 year old American from Seattle, WA. I race with a Thrustmaster tx clamped to my desk with a triple screen setup.

I have raced with AOR previously in the Project Cars (1 + 2) GT3 leagues for a couple of seasons, but was never consistent enough to come away with a good championship result. Unfortunately my work schedule changed and I can no longer race at the European timeslot, so hearing about the American F1 league got me excited to get back into great league racing! I still play Project cars 2 online but I also frequent F1 and iRacing (mostly Skip Barber series) as well.

This will be my first foray into competitive racing in F1 cars so for this season my goal will be to both attend and finish every race. I'm probably not going to have the raw pace, so I am going to focus on consistency and strategy. Currently the only assist I use is the racing line, but I am going to try to get rid of that dependency during the season.

Looking forward to Sundays for the next few months, and hope to have some good battles with you all!

BRL_Joao_Pedro_90

Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2019
Hello everyone! My name is John and I am 27 year old American from Seattle, WA. I race with a Thrustmaster tx clamped to my desk with a triple screen setup.

I have raced with AOR previously in the Project Cars (1 + 2) GT3 leagues for a couple of seasons, but was never consistent enough to come away with a good championship result. Unfortunately my work schedule changed and I can no longer race at the European timeslot, so hearing about the American F1 league got me excited to get back into great league racing! I still play Project cars 2 online but I also frequent F1 and iRacing (mostly Skip Barber series) as well.

This will be my first foray into competitive racing in F1 cars so for this season my goal will be to both attend and finish every race. I'm probably not going to have the raw pace, so I am going to focus on consistency and strategy. Currently the only assist I use is the racing line, but I am going to try to get rid of that dependency during the season.

Looking forward to Sundays for the next few months, and hope to have some good battles with you all!
Triple screen?? Cool bro!

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hello there. My name is Greg, I'm 31 and live in Colorado. Have been using a Logitech G29 but will probably replace it in the next few weeks if I'm able to: have had recent issues with throttle/brake pedal responses being a bit wacky at times.

NA Season 2 will be my 4th season with AOR's F1 series. I acted as coordinator for NA Season 1 and will continue to do that this season.

I was definitely way off the pace of the rest of the drivers last season, poor ItzTriton was my teammate but he brought home most of the points for us. Gonna try going with manual gears this time around and see if that improves my pace. Otherwise am just looking to get some points results or maybe sneak a podium if other folks take themselves out of a race.

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
Sup, My name is Paul, I'm 17, was born in Poland, and live in Mississauga, Canada. I use a Formula Force EX, I wish I could upgrade, but with uni coming up in September, I'd rather save the money for other things.

My first AOR and league racing season was season one of the American F1 league. those who watched would have of course seen my very poor performances. As much as I would like to improve, at times my wheel does hinder my performance as it can only turn 90 degrees both ways which means a lack of feeling of the car and track in comparison to wheels that have a much wider turning radius.

This season I hope to break my streak of poor performances and begin to fight within the midfield in the standings and on track. In the constructors championship I was carried by Some_Idiot, but now that he has departed due to personal reasons, I hope to have yet another understanding and nice teammate. In some cases I might not be the fastest driver, but I strive to be very clean and always try to improve, being open to help and criticism. I hope that this season is as enjoyable to race and watch as the last one.

Good Luck and Have Fun Guys!

Reactions: Rytier

Z3mikey

Formula Karter
Jan 2, 2018
Hello there. My name is Greg, I'm 31 and live in Colorado. Have been using a Logitech G29 but will probably replace it in the next few weeks if I'm able to: have had recent issues with throttle/brake pedal responses being a bit wacky at times.

NA Season 2 will be my 4th season with AOR's F1 series. I acted as coordinator for NA Season 1 and will continue to do that this season.

I was definitely way off the pace of the rest of the drivers last season, poor ItzTriton was my teammate but he brought home most of the points for us. Gonna try going with manual gears this time around and see if that improves my pace. Otherwise am just looking to get some points results or maybe sneak a podium if other folks take themselves out of a race.
You definitely have something wrong with your pedals. I saw a few times your accelerator telemetry was capped at ~80%. This wasn’t every race and I thought it to be just another bug with the game.

Illicit

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2019
Hey, my name's Evan, I'm 23 from Vancouver, Canada. First time ever racing in a league so I'll most likely be the guy you're lapping. Been playing F1 2018 for a little over a month now, but I've played a lot of the Forza series over the years on Xbox. So far, been really impressed with the game. I actually bought a G29 a few days after initially buying it because I just couldn't stand the controller. Looking forward to some good racing this season.

Reactions: Rytier and Raven

jalmenar

Pro Karter
Sep 10, 2018
Hi,

My real name is Jonathan, 36 yrs old, from Venezuela, but living in Virginia, US. I participated in the last F1 2018 Americas season. I also used to do iRacing, that's where I actually started racing, about a year ago. I changed to F12018, because iRacing is so real, that once you (barely) touch one car, your race is done, and that was too much drama and 80% of the time zero racing for me. I was, and I'm still a clean driver, BUT the rest of the grid, well is a different story. In F1 2018, you can touch other cars and still race, or some times, get some damage and still pit, fix your car and keep going. In iRacing, is just too much drama over reality, and is fine, but I just wanted to race more often, so here I am.

Last season I barely finished races, but a the end of the season I discovered significant setup changes that made my more consistent and faster. So this season I'm hoping to be in the top 10 drivers, lets see whats up!

kxuping

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 6, 2018
Good morning everybody!

Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
Alex, must be the oldest here by far, Chilean living in Chile :p. I use the same normal desk, wheel chair, monitor, PC for work, fun and gaming. Currently use a Logitech G29, previously used a G27 (changed because of more buttons in G29). I drilled holes on my desk to attach the G29, because sometimes it de-attached itself from the desk while racing. And bought a scrap wood plank, drilled more holes and attached the pedals. Now the pedals do not move during race.
F1 fan from very young age.

What's your previous league racing experience?
-Full AOR F1 Season 16 Assisted League 3 on Europe (last season). Sadly my local ISP made some changes and I no longer have good enough ping to be accepted on Assisted Leagues in EU. So trying my luck in the America League. I scored some points, finished most of the races and had loooooots of fun.
-Full AOR Rally Cross League (Dirt 4), had lots of fun too.

What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
Be able to participate on some of the races, not crash other players, finish all races, score some points and have fun.

Ajamma16

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 5, 2019
  1. Hey guys, Ajamma16/ ^6 Mickey here (I really gotta decide on one :p) I'm 29 from Mississauga Canada and got Into sim racing about 5 years ago with iracing. Still using my Logitech G27 from those days. This is my first F1 title, I thought it looked to arcade-ish before for whatever reason, but have been pleasantly surprised and really enjoying the 2018 title
  2. Took pat in a few SkipBarber seasons on iracing if that counts
  3. As a reserve I'd like to get as much track time as possible and eventually become a full time driver for midseason sign ups or for the 2019 title! Cheers lads, see you on the track :)

Reactions: ItzTriton

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
howdy howdy howdy
im Austin im one of the commentators
im gonna mess up yalls names probably
I forgot to mention this last season and in australia his season, but feel free to call me lund if saying my full username is too long or complicated at times.

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
OH NOW YOU TELL ME
I was sorta waiting to see if it would come naturally, and then after watching back last race and being in the interview, i heard you guys struggle at times. better late than never.

Fruitsalsa

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
Better late than never...

Who are you?
I am from Montreal, Canada. I currently race with a G29, which is a good value for the level I aim to achieve in simracing at the moment! I used to have a G27, but it failed on me 2 years ago. G29 vs. G27, it is basically the same wheel but with extra buttons (which I still appreciate, especially with F1 2018).

What's your previous league racing experience?
It is my first season with AOR, but I knew about it since 2017. I was looking to join it back then, but since it was Europe-based, the schedule was not working for me...When I noticed that an American league opened, I jumped on the occasion to participate in the second season.

I am also racing in another American league (PRL) and I have done two previous seasons with them.

What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
I aim to score a couple of points here and there, as well as finishing all the races with some good clean battles. I race in leagues because of the respect and organization that comes with it, hence my priority is more having good fun and not so much winning races. I will jump on any opportunity though!

I have to say that it is quite something to watch the stream of the race that you participated in. I think @Rytier and @NinjaRider are doing an amazing job as commentators, really entertaining. By the way, I don't mind if you guys call me Salad. "Fruit", "Salsa", "Salad", "the guy with the pink car", whatever suits you best!

Last edited: