Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
AOR PC F1 League - Season 4
Main Thread

1583351355322.png

This is the main thread for the AOR PC F1 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (Eastern time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

League Coordinator(s): @Steph Farelle
Lobby Host: @Mo#9991
Backup host(s): @Lundqvistbro

● Voice Chat:
AOR Discord Server (PC leagues only)

Drivers and Teams:

Drivers and teams will be added here after the car selection process has been completed!

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
1. @Mo#9991 [Mo#9991] - American - #36
2. @CarlosAbraaoXD [CarlosAbraaoXD] - Brazilian - #?

Scuderia Ferrari
1. @Z3mikey [Z3mikey] - American - #89
2. @Cavy [Cavy] - American - #67

Aston Martin RedBull Racing
1. @Hynekin [Hynekin] - American - #8

Racing Point BWT Mercedes
1. @Pilpro [MRT_FELIPE] - Brazilian - #81
2. @notariom [] - Argentinan - #?

ROKiT Williams Racing
1. @Strewdle [Strewdle] - Canadian #2
2. @Megaman [Megaman] - Canadian - #75

Renault F1 Team
1. @Bobino12 [BOBINO12] - Canadian - #12

Scuderia Toro Rosso
1. @Painfulstorm [Jawn] - American - #24
2. @Treason [Treason] - American - #72

Haas F1 Team
1. @Shentar [twitch.tv/shentar2] - Canadian - #25
2. @Fizzymon [Fizzymon] - American - #40

McLaren
1. @Steph Farelle [Steph_Farelle] - Purerto Rican - #95
2. @Tudor900 [Tudor900] - Romanian - #27

Alfa Romeo Racing
1. @Lundqvistbro [Lundqvistbro] - Polish - #66
2. @BlackViperGT [BlackViperGT] - Mexican - #59

Reserves
1. @RhapsoddyX [Rhapsoddy] - Brazilian - #69
2. @QuitZ5 [Corsac Ns] - Chiense - #49
3. @Illicit [illicit] - Canadian - #92
4. @Sabba7h [Sabba7h] - American - #19
5. @Vines [MRT_Vines] - Brazilian - #80
6. @Zephyr [-Zephyr-] - American - #43
7. @LyneMartel [LyneMartel] - Canadian - #96

Last edited:

Fizzymon

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2018
I HAAS to say this know, but HAAS memes will be inbound all season long

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Right... a couple of housekeeping things to go through and some reminders to make sure you all are aware of some very important rules ahead of Sunday's race.

First, an update. Everyone has been assigned a team, so see the Car Selection thread to confirm which team you are driving for, as well as your which number you've been granted. Furthermore, I haven't heard from @Steph Farelle, so I'll be the host for now. Again, please be sure to add my as a friend on Steam.
Second, below are some very important rules as well as information about the Discord Voice Chat. Please skim through it, and let me know if you have any questions...

Important Rules
3.2 Lobby etiquette:

● Only the Coordinator - or the lobby host after consulting with the Coordinator - will start the lobby, continue over to the race and start the race. So please, as a normal driver, do not press the button which initiates the timer. This is to ensure that all the drivers are present, and also that all necessary screenshots of the results can be taken.
3.4 Quitting the race:

● Deliberately retiring your car is heavily discouraged as we would like all drivers to make it to the end of the race, however, we understand situations can happen where running around for the rest of the laps would be needless. If you do have to retire your car during the race for any reason, you must drive back to the pit lane and retire your car while in the pits. This is to avoid major issues such as your AI car slowing down or parking in a dangerous place on track, or an unnatural safety car being triggered.

● You are fully responsible for your car's actions even if you leave the session / retire the car. If your AI causes crashes or brings out a Safety Car, you will be given a reprimand. You have been warned.
5. Participation:

5.1 Missing races:

● If you are unable to attend a race, you have to give notice for your absence before the race starts. This is done by informing your League Coordinator of your situation, either by sending them a private message or by making a post in the official race thread in your league's forum section. It is your responsibility to make sure the Coordinator gets your message.

● When informing the Coordinator of your absence, a proper reason should be given for why you can't attend. No-showing a race because you don't like the track or other similar reasons are not accepted and will be marked as an uninformed absence.

● When informing the Coordinator of your absence, it must be you who contact the Coordinator, not a friend or fellow member of the league. Additionally, sufficient notice should be given. Generally, we will consider 30 minutes before the race as sufficient notice. Letting the Coordinator know just before the race or after the race will be marked down as uninformed absence unless an acceptable reason is given.

● If you get marked for an uninformed absence, you will be given a reprimand. As per the reprimand system (see section 6.4), accumulating 3 reprimands leads to being removed from the league and placed on the blacklist.

● If a driver is persistently failing to turn up to races, even if they are informing their absences, their coordinator and the F1 Team may look at reviewing their position in the league for the remainder of the season. It may be that, if no change is possible, a driver may be placed on the reserve list instead of a full-time seat. If a driver goes through an extended absence period but will be returning back to full activity, this is acceptable and no action will be taken.

● Getting another driver to race under your name is prohibited and will result in serious punishment.

Rules' Summary
Simple lobby etiquette, DO NOT CLICK READY. When on the grid, before the formation lap, only the host should click ready. After anyone presses ready, there's a 30-second countdown, and this should only be started when everyone is truly ready, or about a minute or so has gone by.

The quitting the race bit is simply saying, "don't do it, but if you do you will be punished for doing it on track." If you retire in the pit, like ur supposed to, don't leave, but if you HAVE to leave, don't leave until you enter spectator mode! Dang safety car gets triggered sometimes if these steps aren't followed correctly, DO NOT EFFECT THE RACE IF YOU ARE QUITTING IT.

The participation bit is making sure I am notified and aware of which drivers are racing for the current week. If you skip 3 times in a row or without telling anyone or have a valid reason, there are some consequences that will follow. Simply if you are not racing, send me a private message or post it in the current week's race thread.

A link to the full rules can be found in the OP of this thread, or you can click this link, https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-rules-aor-f1-2019-leagues-season-19.63107/

Discord Voice Chat
Besides the rules bit, if you're interested in being in a voice chat during the race, and are unaware of the discord server, there is a voice chat available for our split. If you do join, it is expected to be silent during the race and qualifying. Here is the link, https://discord.gg/27TRwuU , See the #game-assignment channel, then the #f1-assignment channel to give yourself permissions to join the voice channel.

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Public Status Announcement
The steward's panel saw a wave of inquiries throughout the F1 leagues yesterday. Our split specifically hasn't been dirty by any means, but keep in mind a major focus for these races is to race cleanly amongst competitive drivers. This involves reserving some talent to side with caution and not bravery or ambition.

I'm guilty of this myself. I have gone for moves that I want to believe I can make happen, but in reality, I'm simply not at that level yet. Of course, we are all going to make mistakes, but limiting the occurrence of these mistakes in league races should be a priority.

I and the stewards of AOR appreciate your on-track decisions to avoid causing incidents. :)

-

I think there was some saying I heard once... Good drivers aren't the ones that don't cause incidents, they're the ones that don't get involved in incidents that other drivers cause... or something... The ability to not get caught up in incidents is the true talent. :D just be careful, lol

Pilpro

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 29, 2019
If I may make a few comments:

Pilots often look at a space and try to overtake, without thinking beforehand whether this maneuver could cause an accident. I believe that here we are learning and this is one of the most important points to learn, the right moment to overtake.

Another important point is that when the safety car is on the track, if you place the 4 wheels off the track, that is, the white line that marks the limit of the track, you will take punishment, even if during the race you use that point and not take punishment, with the safety car you will punish.

Forgive me for my English.

Reactions: Illicit

Sabba7h

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
If I may make a few comments:

Pilots often look at a space and try to overtake, without thinking beforehand whether this maneuver could cause an accident. I believe that here we are learning and this is one of the most important points to learn, the right moment to overtake.

Another important point is that when the safety car is on the track, if you place the 4 wheels off the track, that is, the white line that marks the limit of the track, you will take punishment, even if during the race you use that point and not take punishment, with the safety car you will punish.

Forgive me for my English.
Right but with that you also have to remember that if going off was not intentional (i.e, weaving and losing grip; spinning off track altogether and coming back on; trying to avoid someone else who broke suddenly) then the penalty isn't fair by any means, hence why so many people including myself made a report last night/this morning. The game has an unusual way of penalizing people for things that were 100% unprovoked accidents, even when said driver hasn't had a single warning as yet - again, such was the case with many of us.

Reactions: Fizzymon and Zephyr