XB1 - AOR Season 16: Round 15 Singapore Grand Prix 3/2/19 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR Season 16: Round 15 Singapore Grand Prix 3/2/19 8PM

Justin || Taz

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 27, 2016
Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd February 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Mr B 92 II

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Time to set our tyres on fire. This track is brutal.

AlonsoFerrari3

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 27, 2018
I was able to manage it at Monaco so if I drive carefully again I hope I’ll be able to manage it

Sims

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 28, 2018
Decent race, had wing damage in the first lap or two which didn't help but I'd say Singapore is the most satisfying track on the game when on a pad.

Great win @Xterm1n8or (y)

Reactions: Xterm1n8or

Xterm1n8or

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2018
Really happy with that today as I actually put some serious practice time in this week (5 or 6 hours), so I'm happy it paid off.

Qualifying was ok but I made a couple of errors on my best lap so was lucky to get 2nd.

Not sure if I got a good start or if @Tom123FTW got a not so good one, but I ended up in the lead after the first corner.

For the ultra stint I was just trying to be as smooth as possible, then on the softs I was just kind of ticking over, trying to keep it inside the white lines for once.

Sounds boring and it was, until @Ferrari3 bolted on the Ultras with 11 or 12 laps left, starting 18 seconds behind and then starting to take 2 seconds a lap back from me.

A sweat fest followed but I think AF3 eventually lost that edge on his tyres and couldnt close past 5/6 seconds and I could breathe a bit easier.

I said I'd post my race setup and here it is:

Wings - Front 7, Rear 11
Diff - 50, 90
Sus geo - -2.5, -1, 0.05, 0.20
Sus - 1, 3, 10, 8, 3, 4
Brakes - 80, 53
Tyres - 22.6, 20.7
Ballast - 7

For the race I underfuelled my car as much as possible, very important! -2.50 laps.

For the ultras stint:
Fuel - stay in lean at all times except use rich on the 3 main straights.
ERS - use hotlap mode on the 3 big straights, none everywhere else.

Softs stint -
You should be back to around 0 fuel so put fuel mix in standard and use ERS wherever you want.

On the ultras stint my rear tyres and front left never went above 103 but my front right was about 105 all the time from lap 5/6 to lap 12, but the understeer was manageable.

I will post a highlights video next week but there wasn't anything to watch really.

Reactions: GILES95 and maxen

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
OK, now how do I go back in time and give myself this information...
Actually I'm very happy with P5. It's definitely the best I could manage. Tom said his tyres were running very hot so taking that 5th position was a bonus, otherwise it would have been 6th and I'd have been happy with that too.
I don't have the pace to run anywhere near the front but it's been working out since Spa on strategy and staying clean, netting me results far better than I actually deserve. An obviously-important part of that strategy is to have the net leaders overtake me in their second stint, a lap or two before I've even boxed for fresh tyres.

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
If there was overtakes of the week submissions for assist tiers I've a beauty round the outside move at 57:06

Sims

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 28, 2018
@AOR Andrew Don't want to nitpick nor am I going to send it in but I've seen you cut and go full speed through corners a few times this season in quali while I've been spectating just so you can get back in time, at France ignoring the chicane for example. Just go out earlier next time, I don't think it's fair on people who miss out on their lap legitimately. I doubt you did it at Singapore on purpose as it looked like you were just trying to avoid me (I wasn't on a hotlap but saw you in front of me go speeding through the chicane in Sing) but it just reminded me about you sending baguettes flying everywhere in France blasting through the chicane.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AMS Andrew

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
@AOR Andrew Don't want to nitpick nor am I going to send it in but I've seen you cut and go full speed through corners a few times this season in quali while I've been spectating just so you can get back in time, at France ignoring the chicane for example. Just go out earlier next time, I don't think it's fair on people who miss out on their lap legitimately. I doubt you did it at Singapore on purpose as it looked like you were just trying to avoid me (I wasn't on a hotlap but saw you in front of me go speeding through the chicane in Sing) but it just reminded me about you sending baguettes flying everywhere in France blasting through the chicane.
Sorry mate I was under the impression you were on a hotlap and I wanted to try and stay far enough ahead so that I didn't affect you with dirty air. Cos when I'm on an in lap if I see a car on the map I just assume it's a hotlap cos it's hard to keep track of which dots are and ain't on a hotlap so I just go with the assumption that everyone is that way I don't pick up any unnecessary quali bans which is the standard punishment for impeding in quali

Sims

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 28, 2018
Sorry mate I was under the impression you were on a hotlap and I wanted to try and stay far enough ahead so that I didn't affect you with dirty air. Cos when I'm on an in lap if I see a car on the map I just assume it's a hotlap cos it's hard to keep track of which dots are and ain't on a hotlap so I just go with the assumption that everyone is that way I don't pick up any unnecessary quali bans which is the standard punishment for impeding in quali
All good brother, it doesn't bother me really but I know you can get sent to the stewards for it if on purpose and we need every point we can get for the cheeky constructors

Reactions: AMS Andrew

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
All good brother, it doesn't bother me really but I know you can get sent to the stewards for it if on purpose and we need every point we can get for the cheeky constructors
Ok mate Sorry I blew our 30 odd point lead last week in Italy codies screwed me with a zero contact collision that put me in the wall at 200mph

AlonsoFerrari3

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 27, 2018
My POV of the race. No quali this week coz my stream for quali messed up (no it’s not coz I’m salty I didn’t get pole this week). It may be of interest to people who struggle with tyre temps around here as I’m able to control them with still being able to drive quickly. And just to confirm I’m on a pad

Reactions: Xterm1n8or