AOR Spec GTE League - Season 2 - Discussions | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Spec GTE League - Season 2 - Discussions

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
@EVR Matt212 as you use a TMX wheel for other things do you think you could help @Zwomp with getting a set up for his wheel?

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
@Zwomp I have recently got my wheel and stuff and still looking/working on a set up for myself as well

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
@EVR Matt212 as you use a TMX wheel for other things do you think you could help @Zwomp with getting a set up for his wheel?
I can try to bud its completely at the other end of the spectrum, main things I'd say with thrustmaster wheels is bring the weight down a bit and have a look around with the ffb, do not change deadzones :)

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
The first race thread is up follow the link here to view!!!~
  1. @SavageSnailx69x {SavageSnailx69x}(USA)
  2. @l medal l {l medaL L}(USA)
  3. @SimplyAPanda {Jack Hopwood}(British)
  4. @EVR Matt212 {EVR Matt212}(UK)
  5. @DoR Martijn2702 {GTR Martijn2702}(Dutch)
  6. @Matthew {MytH FTW}(British)
  7. @VBR Deathstroke {VBR Deathstroke}(Canada)
  8. @Sajtospogi826 {Sajtospogi826}(Hungary)
  9. @Pxm turbo yoda {PXM Turbo Yoda}(British)
  10. @JSR John {JSR John}(British)
  11. @AMS GGRacing {AMS GGRacing}(USA)
  12. @SMISSzz {SMISSzz}(British)
  13. @Thecorbianchi {Ozone Leclerc}(Scottish)
  14. @MistaJingles {MistaJingles}(USA)
  15. @FLDrives {AlbeeDamned}(USA)
  16. @Ozone Sprog22 {Ozone Sprog}(UK)
  17. @SoggyCabbages {SoggyCabbages}(Canada)
  18. @Scott W04 {Scott W281004}(Ireland)
  19. @Volos72 {Volos72}(Canada)
  20. @GewinnerMF17 {lHSKl x DRAXLER}(Germany)
  21. @AllanHugo {AllanHugo04}(New Zealand)
  22. @LMR Minardi {LMR Minardi}(Dominican)

Volos72

Junior Karter
Feb 3, 2019
I would like to know about pit stops, is there a mandatory pit stop that has to be done or is it drivers choice to pit or not?

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
@Volos72 the race is gong to be long enough that will force everyone to pit once

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
Will this be stream and commentated? Does Forza even have that capability? I'm not sure.

GTR Martijn2702

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 31, 2016
Think we should find a way to work around pitstops, like running on cosmetic damage, because of the current pitstop glitch in Forza since the February update. It doesn't ghost cars in the pits, causing cars to hit each other and getting stuck

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
I am not sure if it will be streamed and commented, if the participation stays up for the whole season it will be looked into further, I know there are a few that will be streaming their POV.

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
will look into the pit deal, part of the reason for running simulation damage is to prevent the race from becoming a crash fest similar the forza public online races

Volos72

Junior Karter
Feb 3, 2019
@SavageSnailx69x Ok thanks for the response because when i ran a 50 min test race i got to the end without refueling or a tire change.

GTR Martijn2702

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 31, 2016
@SavageSnailx69x Usually sim damage isn't a problem, and a good thing. At the moment however I'm not sure it is.

Pitstops are some kind of Russian roulette atm because of the glitch. If you get hit you can get stuck and that'll be race over.

As I see it there are two options:
  • Preventing pitstops have to be made (at least mandatory ones)
  • Or trusting people to be aware of the problem, and realize they can't pit when a car entered the pits <5 seconds before them.

Scott W04

Junior Karter
Feb 2, 2019
Will there be a twitter chat?

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
I don't think so for the twitter chat

EPeatie

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2017
@SavageSnailx69x Jack Hopwood has just informed me he's been rushed to the hospital and is not going to be able to make it today, he doesn't have internet and asked me to inform you

JSR John

Junior Karter
Jan 24, 2019
Yes it does. Actually remember that race very well:D Must've been like two and a half years ago by now. Think I just started league racing a couple of months before that. Certainly remember you being a lot faster than me. But you had to make an extra pitstop due to damage which allowed me to get ahead, just. I was lucky Bathurst is such a difficult track to overtake. Although you got very close that last lap when I had to go defensive for the chicane and the last corner.;)

Used to use cockpit cam back then, but changed to chase cam later in Forza 6. Love cockpit cam, but for competitive racing I need the spacial awareness you get with chase cam.
Woaw, you really do remember that race - it was a rocky one for sure! I think the roles have reversed now my friend, I've been off of Forza for far too long and this is my first league race on Forza 7! Best of luck to you tonight Martin!

I'm streaming on my Twitch here: Shall upload to YouTube afterwards (if anyone's interested!)

Reactions: SavageSnailx69x

JSR John

Junior Karter
Jan 24, 2019
Has anyone got lap times for Brands Hatch yet? I tried a few laps but can't tell what's good pace here.

<iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="640" height="365" style="max-width:100%" src=""></iframe>

JSR John

Junior Karter
Jan 24, 2019
Has anyone got lap times for Brands Hatch yet? I tried a few laps but can't tell what's good pace here.

<iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="640" height="365" style="max-width:100%" src=""></iframe>
Who's likely to race tomorrow? I'm not keen on sparing time for this if it's a quiet turnout like last week, especially given the effort @SavageSnailx69x and others have gone through to make this series. :confused:

Volos72

Junior Karter
Feb 3, 2019
Who's likely to race tomorrow? I'm not keen on sparing time for this if it's a quiet turnout like last week, especially given the effort @SavageSnailx69x and others have gone through to make this series. :confused:
I'll be there. A better turnout would be pretty cool too, hopefully more show up this week.

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
that's part of the problem right there, people show up for the first race don't have a good turn out, then leave, which makes the turn out for the next race worse, then makes it hard to get new people interested in joining when they see people do things like that, instead of planning on not showing up this week because of the turn out last week, show your support and show for the rest of the races.

when people show up for a race then quit after one or two makes it harder on us as coordinators for trying to get further leagues approved