AOR Spec GTE League - Season 2 - Round 3 - Laguna Seca - 2 March 2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Spec GTE League - Season 2 - Round 3 - Laguna Seca - 2 March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
Event Information:
Date: 2 March 2019
Lobby opens: 12:15pm EST US/ 5:15pm UK
Event starts: 12:30pm EST US/ 5:30pm UK
Event format:
  • Qualifying: 5 laps (4 Flying)
  • Race:
Notices:

Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the league. As a driver in this league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Track Limits: The track limits for are defined by white and yellow lines around the circuit. Drivers must keep two wheels inside of the track limits at all times. Any malicious or careless abuse of track limits to gain an advantage will be punished by the stewards. For this race, the following is an exception to the defined track limits:

Driving Etiquette: Generally speaking, there should be very little contact while racing. The following are guidelines that drivers should adhere to and are guidelines used by the stewards:

• If you cause an accident, ensure you wait on the affected driver(s). Failure to do so will result in a penalty.
  • Generally speaking, it is the responsibility of the trailing car to avoid contact when attempting an overtake.
  • When attempting an overtake into a corner, the general rule of thumb is the overtaking car should have his front wheels at least along side the leading car's rear wheels in the braking zone. Excessive lunging to the apex that causes contact will not be tolerated from either the trailing or leading car.
  • Turn one incidents should be kept to a minimum. Causing an accident in turn one is extremely frustrating for other drivers. Going forward, any contact in turn one (deliberately or otherwise) that alters the outcome of an affected driver's race will be punished by the stewards.
  • Intentional abuse of track limits will not be tolerated. See above section for exceptions.
  • Finally, race as you wished to be raced. Respect fellow drivers at all times.
No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Lobby Settings:

• Game Type: Circuit Race
  • Damage Difficulty: Simulation
  • Collision Mode: Always On
  • Car: 2014 BMW #55 BMW Team RLL Z4 GTE
  • Tune: Forced Stock Upgrades and Tuning
  • End Condition: Number of laps
  • Grid Ordering: Best Lap (Ascending - Yes)
  • End of Race Timer: 5 Minutes
  • Quick Stops: Off
Settings Changed for Qualifying:
  • Collision Mode: Always Off
  • Compare Best Lap Scores: Yes
  • Grid Ordering: Random
  • Per-Car Roll Off Delay: 2 Seconds
Track Information:
  • Layout: Full Circuit
  • Track Conditions: Day
Driver's Missing

Reserve Drivers Needed

Navigation Links:
Sign-Up

Race Calendar
League Rules
Stewards Panel
Results and Standings

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
Just to make this clear pit stops are not mandatory due to multiple issues with pitting in game from now on
  1. @SavageSnailx69x {SavageSnailx69x}(USA)
  2. @l medal l {l medaL L}(USA)
  3. @SimplyAPanda {Jack Hopwood}(British)
  4. @EVR Matt212 {EVR Matt212}(UK)
  5. @DoR Martijn2702 {GTR Martijn2702}(Dutch)
  6. @Matthew {MytH FTW}(British)
  7. @Sajtospogi826 {Sajtospogi826}(Hungary)
  8. @JSR John {JSR John}(British)
  9. @AMS GGRacing {AMS GGRacing}(USA)
  10. @SMISSzz {SMISSzz}(British)
  11. @Thecorbianchi {Ozone Leclerc}(Scottish)
  12. @MistaJingles {MistaJingles}(USA)
  13. @FLDrives {AlbeeDamned}(USA)
  14. @Ozone Sprog22 {Ozone Sprog}(UK)
  15. @SoggyCabbages {SoggyCabbages}(Canada)
  16. @Scott W04 {Scott W281004}(Ireland)
  17. @Volos72 {Volos72}(Canada)
  18. @GewinnerMF17 {lHSKl x DRAXLER}(Germany)
  19. @AllanHugo {AllanHugo04}(New Zealand)
  20. @EPeatie {EPeatie}(British)
  21. @PMC Adi {PMC Adi}(Polish)
  22. @DeathDealerS199 {DeathDealerS199}(UK)
  23. @Woofer {Woofer}(UK)
  24. @Racing Jester {Racing Jester}(UK)

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
working until 5 so won't make it back for quali most likely, will be there for the race though :)

Reactions: DeathDealerS199

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
OK!!!! so a few things about this track that i feel need to be expressed before this **** show starts.

Laguna Seca is a **** of a track, whoever picked it should be kicked in the balls. even professional racing drivers hate this track. a little bit of advice to those who may not be so skilled or experienced. go for consistency over out right speed. i know this goes against everything a racing driver is but sometimes tactical driving gives better results. it will limit your time off track and therefore make you over all a bit quicker. I just ran a race with unbeatable AI (yes i know the AI are about as **** as shitting in your hands and clapping but it was worth the test) and there are no real safe places to pass on this track. apart from sending a move up the inside signed sealed delivered its gonna be a tough frustrating race. i just ran 35 laps in 51:43.998 so its gonna be about that many laps. my fastest lap was a low 27.1 but when i checked my times on each lap i was averaging mid to high 27's. i also consider myself to be a smooth driver, i don't slide or lock up but my tyre wear was interesting. at the end of the race i had 82% on fronts and 45% on rears. i also had 14% left with fuel so pit stopping is not needed!! however if the tyre wear gets too much for you i suggest you do pit, be warned the game causes you to drop down to 10mph at pit exit.

other than all those points have fun. i hate this track with a passion. let me know what you all think.

Reactions: SMISSzz

Define

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 11, 2016
OK!!!! so a few things about this track that i feel need to be expressed before this **** show starts.

Laguna Seca is a ** of a track, whoever picked it should be kicked in the balls. even professional racing drivers hate this track. a little bit of advice to those who may not be so skilled or experienced. go for consistency over out right speed. i know this goes against everything a racing driver is but sometimes tactical driving gives better results. it will limit your time off track and therefore make you over all a bit quicker. I just ran a race with unbeatable AI (yes i know the AI are about as ** as shitting in your hands and clapping but it was worth the test) and there are no real safe places to pass on this track. apart from sending a move up the inside signed sealed delivered its gonna be a tough frustrating race. i just ran 35 laps in 51:43.998 so its gonna be about that many laps. my fastest lap was a low 27.1 but when i checked my times on each lap i was averaging mid to high 27's. i also consider myself to be a smooth driver, i don't slide or lock up but my tyre wear was interesting. at the end of the race i had 82% on fronts and 45% on rears. i also had 14% left with fuel so pit stopping is not needed!! however if the tyre wear gets too much for you i suggest you do pit, be warned the game causes you to drop down to 10mph at pit exit.

other than all those points have fun. i hate this track with a passion. let me know what you all think.
Listen here F** I had enough of your bull. Now is the time for action.

Reactions: DeathDealerS199

SVR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Tbf, I don't mind Laguna Seca. Although it usually goes to **** in league racing.

Turn 1 is a good overtaking spot. And everywhere else you can get your nose in and make a move. It really isn't that hard. You just got to know when to give a bit of space, and when to not make stupid lunges.

Will try to do a lot better here than at Brands. Had the one lap pace there, but just fucked up constantly and got myself in a very though spot. Possibly with Matt starting from the back I can go for my first AOR win after 14 podium places lmao

Got to say I'm not a huge fan of the no mandatory pitstop thing. Controller users most of the time won't be able to pull of the no stopper. While wheel users with their fast superior tire wear might be able to. Not really fair imo.

Define

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 11, 2016
Tbf, I don't mind Laguna Seca. Although it usually goes to **** in league racing.

Turn 1 is a good overtaking spot. And everywhere else you can get your nose in and make a move. It really isn't that hard. You just got to know when to give a bit of space, and when to not make stupid lunges.

Will try to do a lot better here than at Brands. Had the one lap pace there, but just fucked up constantly and got myself in a very though spot. Possibly with Matt starting from the back I can go for my first AOR win after 14 podium places lmao

Got to say I'm not a huge fan of the no mandatory pitstop thing. Controller users most of the time won't be able to pull of the no stopper. While wheel users with their fast superior tire wear might be able to. Not really fair imo.
Jokes Martini you have me to watch out for

SVR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Oh ffs. Didn't notice you signed up. Oh well, rip to my hopes then. xD

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
Unfortunately I will not be able to make this race as I have been asked to be part of the track support team at work this race weekend, If I could ask @DeathDealerS199 or @EVR Matt212 to please host the race this weekend it would be greatly appreciated, and if someone could get a copy of the qualification and race results and post them here I will update when I get back Sunday night

Rockstar Matt

F1 Test Driver
Feb 22, 2016

Laguna Seca is a ** of a track, whoever picked it should be kicked in the balls. even professional racing drivers hate this track. a little bit of advice to those who may not be so skilled or experienced. go for consistency over out right speed. i know this goes against everything a racing driver is but sometimes tactical driving gives better results. it will limit your time off track and therefore make you over all a bit quicker. I just ran a race with unbeatable AI (yes i know the AI are about as ** as shitting in your hands and clapping but it was worth the test) and there are no real safe places to pass on this track. apart from sending a move up the inside signed sealed delivered its gonna be a tough frustrating race. i just ran 35 laps in 51:43.998 so its gonna be about that many laps. my fastest lap was a low 27.1 but when i checked my times on each lap i was averaging mid to high 27's. i also consider myself to be a smooth driver, i don't slide or lock up but my tyre wear was interesting. at the end of the race i had 82% on fronts and 45% on rears. i also had 14% left with fuel so pit stopping is not needed!! however if the tyre wear gets too much for you i suggest you do pit, be warned the game causes you to drop down to 10mph at pit exit.

For me, it’s that damn corkscrew. I’m constantly having to rewind my laps when going through that section lol. I either nail it or screw up so bad that I lose a ton of time.

The latter happens more often.

EVR Matt212

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
And I will only get home at around 5:40 and even then my internet is inconsistent at the best of time, I often end up with the high bandwidth message, anyone else got decent internet :,)

SVR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Would prefer it if someone else can do it, as the race is at 6:30 pm for me. So I'm having trouble having dinner and being on 15 minutes before qualy starts. But I could do it if really needed.

On to the race then. Put my first 10 minutes of practice in. Got a 1:26.3. Couple of tenths to gain maybe, but nothing significant. Expect nothing less than 25s fron Dafini and Matt ;)

• Optimistic
Reactions: EVR Matt212

EVR Matt212

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
25.9 because Martin told me thats what i have to get, track is a mess, could have ran a .7 if the corkscrew decided to not be an arse :') if i cant make it to quali my race will be decidesdupon how i fair on the first few laps i feel :')

Reactions: SVR Martxn
Status
Not open for further replies.