AOR Spec GTE League - Season 2 - Stewards Panel | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Spec GTE League - Season 2 - Stewards Panel

EPeatie

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2017
@SimplyAPanda in the discussions thread you will see that it was discussed there between me @GTR Martijn2702 and @Volos72 about current issues with pitting during a racing type scenario, all this was discussed prior to the season starting, and looking I did mention at one point that the races would be long enough to force a pit, but after that it was mentioned that if you pit within 5 seconds of another driver that there was vary high chance that there would be contact between that cars in the pits that would cause that car/cars to go sideways in the pits and get stuck, essentially ending those involved races, from that point I made that decision to not force pits and adjust race the time to take the pit issues out of the equation.

I apologize for missing adjusting the official rules for the league, but I will not punish @DeathDealerS199 and @FLDrives for the race we just completed as I had informed them that pit stops were not mandatory, I will give @EPeatie the position that he lost from me and points for 3rd place as well
Respect, thank you!

Reactions: DeathDealerS199

Racing Jester

Junior Karter
Feb 18, 2019
In regards to the above mentioned comment regarding me running a vehicle out wide on lap 1, turn 4 (Surtees) on Saturdays event, I would like to point out that I had 2 wheels up on the grass/curb and did not put in any steering or throttle inputs other than to keep the car over to the left so as not to hit the car on the outside.
Having watched the replay it can clearly be seen that even though I was trying to stay to the left the car over taking me cut in too tight and did not give me a cars width between their car and the curb. My car can be seen to under-steered and slide wide towards the over taking car but on the replay from my car, the over taking car and the car following us I did not make contact with said competitor.
If this replay view is not correct I would like to add that as my car was sliding to the right (due to being forced off the track) it could be seen as contact was made but this was not because of any control inputs by me. I feel that this was a racing incident so hold no ill will towards anyone and as can be seen on the replay cost me several places and as a rookie am still learning feel that it was a valuable learning experience and thank the organisers for their time and effort.

Racing Jester

Junior Karter
Feb 18, 2019
Incident involving Racing Jester (Myself, Car 20) and Jack Hopwood (Car 16) on Lap 1 between turns 6 and 7. Jack had gone off the track at turn 6 (Westfield) and when he re-etered the track at Dingle Dell. Once back on the track, and travelling at sub race speed he moved his car to the apex of the corner (the racing line) at a time that I was unable to avoid him. you can see in the reply that I turn to the right (the opposite direction of his re-entry) in my best attempts to avoid him.

Regulation 1.6.2 states "Re-joining the track aggressively may cause a major incident and will result in the driver responsible being seriously punished."

You can clearly see in the reply that it causes heavy impact (no damage however) and stopped myself from acquiring the position from Jack at that time. There was clearly enough space on car 16's left side to re-join safely and get back up to racing speed. In my opinion I feel this was a blocking tactic so he did not lose any more position after his error entering Westfield.

Once again this was my first "league" race and hold no ill intent towards any driver.

(sorry for late reply I did not have access to the reply until today so I could not review myself before responding.

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
Please know that all incidents are being looked at and the stewards are in communication. A fill reply will be posted soon for all. Thank you for your patience.

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
after review of the incidents from brands hatch, incident 1: lap one turn 4 a racing incident, involving @Racing Jester @lHSKl x DRAXLER

incident 2: @SimplyAPanda is getting a final warning for violating the following rule

1.6.2 states "Re-joining the track aggressively may cause a major incident and will result in the driver responsible being seriously punished."

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
@DeathDealerS199

Think this speaks for itself, I'm told that @FLDrives has already informed you of this incident but here's the link.

Luckily I figured out how to do the game clip capture thing as I didn't have a stream on. Hence why you see me pause halfway through the video. :D

Please excuse the noob camera angle lol, I seemingly didn't have a button mapped to change it.

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
Right. . . . It's under investigation but could you state forge record who it is the complaint is about and your take on events.

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
Right. . . . It's under investigation but could you state forge record who it is the complaint is about and your take on events.
It's about Draxler, I'm not sure of his forum name it may be different but I'm sure you know.

Well we were battling normally then something switched don't know if a bit of contact triggered him then as you can see he went full rage into corkscrew then into the hairpin.

GewinnerMF17

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2018
You actually push me 3 times off the track and you broke my car and my steering you forced me in 4 corners 6 times of track and as well im not more racing in here just people not respecting any rules people more hit each other or make contact with me when it's not need just cba more driving stock car then actually racing

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
You actually push me 3 times off the track and you broke my car and my steering you forced me in 4 corners 6 times of track and as well im not more racing in here just people not respecting any rules people more hit each other or make contact with me when it's not need just cba more driving stock car then actually racing
Thank you so much for your take on events, this matter will be looked into in accordance with eye witnesses and the video provided. If you have any evidence you wish submitted to support your claims please upload them. i have to wait for Snail to get back in town so we can talk about the matter but we will try and get back to you before the end of the weekend.

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your take on events, this matter will be looked into in accordance with eye witnesses and the video provided. If you have any evidence you wish submitted to support your claims please upload them. i have to wait for Snail to get back in town so we can talk about the matter but we will try and get back to you before the end of the weekend.
You surely have to ban him? This is deliberate smashing off the track there’s no qualms about that. Against the rules.

GewinnerMF17

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2018
Then you should be banned as well you broke my steering because you drive more stockcar then actually racing clean and fair you first in the beginning of the race you maked 11 times contact by trying to get past me and then when I try to pass you you try to push me off the track and into a wall you are the one that was trying to take from the very start of the race

SimplyAPanda

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 13, 2016
Then you should be banned as well you broke my steering because you drive more stockcar then actually racing clean and fair you first in the beginning of the race you maked 11 times contact by trying to get past me and then when I try to pass you you try to push me off the track and into a wall you are the one that was trying to take from the very start of the race
I was right behind them both whenthis happened and it did seem as if Draxler was constantly turning right into the other car when they were going into a left hander

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
You surely have to ban him? This is deliberate smashing off the track there’s no qualms about that. Against the rules.

I don't surely have to do anything, I will look into this as I approach every stewards enquiry in an unbiased way. I understand tempers are high and frustration is more than evident.

I remind the drivers involved and those giving evidence that AOR rules of conduct still apply in the forums. That's a polity way of saying "behave and be adult"

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
I don't surely have to do anything, I will look into this as I approach every stewards enquiry in an unbiased way. I understand tempers are high and frustration is more than evident.

I remind the drivers involved and those giving evidence that AOR rules of conduct still apply in the forums. That's a polity way of saying "behave and be adult"
Tempers are high? That's ludicrous. In any other racing game on this website someone would get banned for what is a clear and deliberate act of intentionally ramming into someone multiple times.

This isn't me "not behaving" as you put it, but it's just someone applying what is common sense and logic.

DeathDealerS199

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 16, 2015
The outcome and incident will be disgusted between the stewards not influenced by others views.

SVR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
@SoggyCabbages Please let the stewards do their job. You can always argue afterwards if you disagree with the decision made. Doing it now is a bit pointless.

We aren't all perfect. Everyone gets pissed off from time to time when racing. I doubt anywhere here has never felt like smashing someone into a tire wall. xD Of course this behaviour is totally unacceptable. And it will result into a (multi) race ban, or permanent blacklist.

But some things aren't as straight forward as they might look. The stewards will have to take multiple things into consideration. Please allow them to do so. :)