PC - AOR Special Event - PC 2.4 hours of Daytona - 15/02-2020 @ 7:30 PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Special Event - PC 2.4 hours of Daytona - 15/02-2020 @ 7:30 PM UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Hi, I really hate to do this (again), but I'm out. A friend of mine just became a father and he wants to celebrate tomorow ... (apparently his wife wasn't aware of my racing schedule :D )
Anyway, I hope you will all have an awesome race!
@TicklishPicklewickle

• Sad
Reactions: Royalt and EikeSky

Luca-0118

Junior Karter
Feb 12, 2020
  • Do you understand and accept the event's rules and regulations? Yes
  • Have you read and understood the rules regarding Manual Rolling Start? Yes
  • Gamertag: luca-0118
  • Nationality: dutch
  • Prefered car class: GTE
  • Speedtest Result:
internet (2).jpg

yojeff18

Junior Karter
Feb 14, 2020
Do you understand and accept the event's rules and regulations? Yes
Have you read and understood the rules regarding Manual Rolling Start? Yes
Gamertag: yojeff18/yeahfree18
Nationality: dutch
Prefered car class: GTE
Speedtest Result:

Attachments

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I’ve just found out that I’m free for this event. Guess I’m a bit late as I haven’t done the time trial @TicklishPicklewickle
Read earlier posts mate :p
We're not enough for more than 1 tier so drivers will not be forced to do TT (unless they really want to). Just make sure you've prepared enough for the event that you feel comfortable in the car you're driving as you will need to stay in control of it for 2.4 hours :p
So you can just post the sign-up template here. No need to do TT unless you really want to :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Alright then, tonight it all goes down and I wish everyone good luck for the first AOR special event of the year :)

Just some information to the number of new drivers we have got for this event.
As you should know by now, it's in the rules that it is mandatory to be on our official Discord server on the race night. To join the server follow the link below and click the invite link. Once you have joined the Discord server you need to go into the text channel called #game-assignment. Here you will find a post by our lovely MoBot where you will have to react to the post with the Project CARS reaction. This will give you access to all the Project CARS text and voice channels.
When it is time for the lobby to start, we will be in the voice channel called Endurance League. This is a push-to-talk only channel so you'll need to assign a button for push-to-talk somewhere that is easily accessible during the race. If you don't have a mic or simply don't wanna talk then that's fine as well. The main thing is that you can hear what others say. It'll be almost impossible for me to give potential vital information to all drivers if we don't have everybody on Discord listening. So very important that you get this working before the race tonight.

Now you're all set to go have some fun racing :)

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
  • Do you understand and accept the event's rules and regulations? Yes
  • Have you read and understood the rules regarding Manual Rolling Start? Yes
  • Gamertag: PhantomHamster
  • Nationality: British
  • Prefered car class: LMP2
  • Speedtest Result:
    400BE6FD-98C7-456F-B504-D5F3D2A34CD5.png

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Just can't figure out the braking in the gte's.
I find that the trick is to set the car up to brake in an almost perfect straight line. That means you have to go out wide for the end of the oval part and then cut very sharply to the inside of the infield. If you set the car up correctly you should be able to brake in a straight line with the car going from the inside to the outside on the braking zone

Assuming it is T1 that is your problem as that is by far the main gripe for most drivers on this track

Reactions: mpc-v1 and EikeSky

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
What an absolute clusterf##k of a night.
I am of a complete opposite opinion. From my POV the racing was clean overall, LMP2s were very polite and didn't make stupid moves and overall I'd say it was a success.
If what you're referring to is the game not working like it's supposed to then I agree. But in terms of the racing it was really good imo