PC - AOR Special Event - PC 2.4 hours of Le Mans - 08/08-2020 @ 7:30 PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Special Event - PC 2.4 hours of Le Mans - 08/08-2020 @ 7:30 PM UK time

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Smart decision going for the DLC LMP1 cars, they are much better to drive and way more balanced. :)

My only concern is that you're allowing the Le Mans version of the Audi R18, which in TT is significantly faster than the other cars and seems to dominate.

Might be worth banning that option perhaps?

Times shown here:
View attachment 114708
From what I heard, the Audi seems to be the fastest of the bunch in terms of raw pace, but the Toyota and Porsche are better on fuel. Not sure how much more fuel efficient they are, but they were certainly viable choices in the Endurance League seasons. On very fuel heavy tracks (such as Le Mans) that might make a very big difference in a long race such as this.
Did a bit of digging and at Le Mans for the last ever Endurance season, it was an Audi win, but @inkychris and @F4H MaR4uDer brought home 2nd and 3rd respectively in the Porsche. So if you really want, you can do good in the non-Audis. (Source)
It's not always that a car is deemed "OP" simply based off of the world record TT time. Especially when we're not just doing 1 lap, but more like 45-50 laps. A lot can happen in such a long race.
In short it's a lot like GT3. The Lambo and AMG are easy to be fast in as their baseline characteristics are very powerful. But you can beat those "OP" cars in an underdog if you're willing to put the time and effort into it. We don't really like to ban cars if we can avoid it, so I'm gonna say no to banning the Audi for the reasons I listed above :)

Reactions: ATOMiK029

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thanks for the explanation.

I didn't have any problems with the Audi's being allowed, but was just a little concerned that they may be too quick.

I know the Toyota is pretty good on fuel and I was kinda hoping to use that tactic - but guess the cat's out of the bag now :p

Anyhow, I'm still really looking forward to thrashing the beautiful Toyota down the Mulsanne :D

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

So unfortunately it is with great regret that I have to say I can't attend this race. The Triple Crown race I was looking most forward to and real life gets in the way :(
I've been invited by some of my old classmates from high school to a small reunion thingy (small gathering of 5 people so within the current regulations :)).

So I'm gonna need 1 or more volunteers who would be willing to host the lobby, take screenshots of the results from both qually and the race and then send them to me either here on the forums or on Discord.

Really gutted that I can't take part, but this time real life comes first :confused:

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020

So unfortunately it is with great regret that I have to say I can't attend this race. The Triple Crown race I was looking most forward to and real life gets in the way :(
I've been invited by some of my old classmates from high school to a small reunion thingy (small gathering of 5 people so within the current regulations :)).

So I'm gonna need 1 or more volunteers who would be willing to host the lobby, take screenshots of the results from both qually and the race and then send them to me either here on the forums or on Discord.

Really gutted that I can't take part, but this time real life comes first :confused:
You know I'm always happy to help out :)
(And don't worry, I won't push it this time :p )

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Will we be doing a full formation lap, or are we going to start the race at a point like the Mulsanne for instance?

If it's a full lap, could we increase the speed to to 200 KPH or something like that?

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Will we be doing a full formation lap, or are we going to start the race at a point like the Mulsanne for instance?

If it's a full lap, could we increase the speed to to 200 KPH or something like that?
Full lap as is shown in the OP :)

If you guys wanna up the speed to make the formation lap a little faster that's fine by me :p

Kizz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 11, 2020

Attachments

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Just to let you know that @mikegeerlings has to pull out of this due to him working - he has a job in a restaurant now :)
Not sure why it's always through you that @mikegeerlings informs of his absence. I'm gonna let it slip this time but he's been doing it for a couple races in our leagues so far. I wanna remind him of this rule:
When informing the Coordinator of your absence, it must be you who contacts the Coordinator, not a friend or fellow member of the tier. Additionally, sufficient notice should be given. For example, 15 minutes before the lobby is set up is not sufficient notice. Letting the Coordinator know after the race will be marked down as uninformed absence unless an acceptable reason is given.
I know this is a small thing, but it's still a rule that he has agreed to follow and my job is to enforce these rules as well :)
Just for future reference :)

Reactions: ATOMiK029 and Kizz

jogurc

AOR PC FR3.5 S2 & Le Mans 2020 LMP1 Champion
Jan 4, 2020
  • Do you understand and accept the event's rules and regulations? Yes
  • Have you read and understood the rules regarding Manual Rolling Start? Yes
  • Gamertag: jogurc
  • Nationality: Latvian
  • Prefered car class: LMP1

i thought i would get sick of le mans, but that will never happen, these 2.4 hours will be a piece of cake (well maybe not because @StrongestAvenger is here lol)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
  • Gamertag: jogurc
  • Nationality: Latvian

i thought i would get sick of le mans, but that will never happen, these 2.4 hours will be a piece of cake (well maybe not because @StrongestAvenger is here lol)
Please include a speedtest. It takes like 1 additional minute to do and it's just formality. You of all people should know the procedure :p

• Informative
Reactions: jogurc

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Not sure why it's always through you that @mikegeerlings informs of his absence. I'm gonna let it slip this time but he's been doing it for a couple races in our leagues so far. I wanna remind him of this rule:

I know this is a small thing, but it's still a rule that he has agreed to follow and my job is to enforce these rules as well :)
Just for future reference :)
Will let him know.

WRCanimal

Junior Karter
Jun 11, 2020
  • Gamertag: WRCanimal
  • Nationality: Lithuanian
1.jpg

1596788485222.png