PC - AOR Special Event - PC Indy 500 - 30/05-2020 @ 7:30 PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Special Event - PC Indy 500 - 30/05-2020 @ 7:30 PM UK time

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
I think we also took the executive decision to reduce the FCY speed limit to 160kph (100mph) helps give a little more time to anyone pitting to catch back up again.

@BMW /// M-Power
Essentially, if you are P1, you run at the FCY Speed limit. If you are not P1, then you can run full pace to catch up to P1.
If P1 pits, then you would then effectively hold P1, so you can go full speed up till you get the P1 while passing him in the pit.

I think the easy way to think of it, is:
If P1 = FCY speed limit
If not P1 = Full speed to catch up to P1.
If at any point you pick up P1, then you drop down to FCY speed.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
So i was leading the race and when FCY came out i went into pits. Another guy went on. when i came back out he pitted so i was still so i speeded up and slowed down at the finish line cause by then i overtook him being in pits. So was that correct or am i not allowed to do that? cause in my opinion i was 2nd and so i was allowed to catch up... but cause he was in pits i was also allowed to overtake him.
As @AndrexUK said you need to look at your position. If you're not P1 you're allowed to go whatever speed is necessary to catch up and if you are P1 then you hold the speed limit
@TicklishPicklewickle could you always call the FCY? so when someone says we need FCY, could you clearify that by saying like FCY 3x times or so... Cause sometimes its very hard to understand people and there was often misunderstanding to stop or go on...
I can't. The problem is if there is an incident on track that I don't see then the FCY won't be called. So the best alternative is to allow everyone to call it. But if you call it when it's not necessary, you will be disqualified from the race.
But yes, we can agree to have a specific message when FCY is called, like "FCY, FCY, FCY"
And then when we start again, pls always tell that we end FCY in the last corner of the last lap of FCY so there is definetly no misunderstanding. May you always try saying the same quote like FCY ends! for example.
I don't think calling it in the last corner is a very good idea. You want people to be ready for the fact that the FCY will end at the end of the lap, and calling it at the last corner will only make people panic if they're not ready to go again. I believe yesterday I did a pretty good job of announcing the FCY ending pretty early so everyone were ready for it.
I also made sure to use the same message yesterday by saying "FCY will end at the end of this lap" so it can't really be more clear than that I don't think

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Can I ask, did any of you guys have trouble with engine damage in the race? I heard from the console drivers that they ended with 30-40 engine damage at the end of yesterday's race

Steve Allan

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 12, 2019
I’ve got to pull out of the race, my niece has messaged me about a surprise party (keeping to social distancing rules) tomorrow evening for mum. While there will be four of us it’s better than nothing for her.

jojobsc

AOR PC Indy 500 2020 Champion
Mar 6, 2020
Can I ask, did any of you guys have trouble with engine damage in the race? I heard from the console drivers that they ended with 30-40 engine damage at the end of yesterday's race
Yes, I get systematically 1% of engine damage every 4-5 laps. I have tried not to redline my engine and opened the radiator, but it doesent make any difference.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Yes, I get systematically 1% of engine damage every 4-5 laps. I have tried not to redline my engine and opened the radiator, but it doesent make any difference.
Is that only at racing speeds? Or does it also happen under FCY when the car isn't pushed as hard?

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Engine dmg has no effect, unless it reaches 100%
I think someone mentioned it 'MAY' increase fuel usage, but I'm not convinced.
And should really increase unless you are at the top end of the rev range, so FCY should not increase it!

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Engine dmg has no effect, unless it reaches 100%
I think someone mentioned it 'MAY' increase fuel usage, but I'm not convinced.
And should really increase unless you are at the top end of the rev range, so FCY should not increase it!
Yeah I ran FCY in 6th gear to get as low revs as possible and save fuel. I can obviously see if you run around in 2nd gear during FCY that you will get engine damage as you're running pretty high revs when doing 160 KPH in 2nd

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
So in the interest of having as close racing as possible, I've decided to give a few tips so no one will be left too much in the dust tomorrow. Racing alone for over 2 hours is not as fun as having people to race :)

1. Don't repair your engine damage unless in an FCY period
    • You will get quite a lot of engine damage in the race. Everyone had 35-40 damage at the end of tonight's race. But engine damage doesn't really decrease performance and the time it takes to repair isn't really worth it. However, if you decide to pit under the FCY period I would recommend to repair your engine damage. It takes enough time to do a lap at FCY speed that you can repair you engine damage and still be on the same lap compared to the leader.
  2. Run low downforce for qually, but higher rear downforce for the race
    • This might be the biggest mistake for myself as I was running minimal downforce in the race as well and that is just undriveable in the slipstream. The rear end kicks out very easily so it's almost impossible to follow in the slipstream through corners. In the test me and @AndrexUK did after the race had ended we ran -9 rear dowforce and that was miles better than the minimal -12.5. You will get some understeer in the slipstream but that is way better than having your rear end kicking out all the time. It's also much faster in the end because you can actually control it in the slipstream.
Hopefully this'll provide us all with as much close racing as possible as that's obviously where oval racing becomes more than just turning left, which is not fun to do alone for the full 2h+ race :)

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 1st Driver
Oct 8, 2018
well i havent really experianced much slipstream last race :D :D so idk what to do now? trusting you guys or doin my way? :D