PS4 - AOR SUPER FORMULA LEAGUE SEASON 2 - MAIN DISCUSSION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR SUPER FORMULA LEAGUE SEASON 2 - MAIN DISCUSSION

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 1, 2019
Not going to be able to turn up for the first race of the season as I'm in Scotland but I will be paying close attention give em hell lads

Last edited:
Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Great mate. You did see, that We have postponed the start for 4 week right?

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Hello all, I've updated the design of the officially un-official number plates. You can find them at the following links:

Elite

Pro

Semi-Pro

Rookie

as always these are not required to be a part of your livery but we highly encourage their use

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
With this starting on Sunday I just have some preseason questions and suggestions co-ords.

Questions:
What exactly are the rules regarding track limits - is it definitely the case all drivers just have to answer to the what the game decides or is it something different?

I noticed in Season 7 that only 1 bonus point was awarded, is it going to be the same in this Super Formula season - and if so which is awarded the bonus point - Pole or FL?

I've read that @Jackiid15 will be commentating (but not for the first round) will this league be getting streamed on the AOR youtube channel?

Suggestions:
And following on from that last question if it is, could it be possible to get a guest commentator for the first round to cover Jack and in turn give the league the chance of some extra exposure?

Moving on have the league commit to 1 tier the whole season even if the league gets over 15 drivers mid-season. (unless we suddenly get 16 sign ups before sunday)

With a commentator each round it means at most only 15 drivers racing, so that means now the current points system doesn't quite fit as it should - ie with semi-pro points: 15th and last will score 2 pts which seems a tad odd.

So I would like to suggest a very minor change to the current semi pro points:
22 18 15 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Remove 12 points and then move the points below all up 1 place as so:
22 18 15 13 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Its pretty minor in the grand scheme of things I know co-ords, but doing that change would at least make the points system fit properly with a commentator included.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Answers:
  • Track limit’s are Game Limit’s
  • Only extra points for Fastest lap but in both Feature and Sprint Race
  • I think it’s only going to get streamed from Jack’s own channel. At least in the beginning. I’ll try to remember to set a link up.
  • Regarding the guest commentator thing, You’ll have to talk to Jack.
  • We will be using the tier 3 or Semi-Pro points for this season, unless We by some strange magic, suddenly have more than 20 signed up Sunday.
  • I know about that tiny points thingy, but I’ll not change just for this.

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Jackiid15

F1 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
I’m going to do highlights with commentary in the Monday, I know it’s not ideal to miss the first stream but I don’t know anybody who can and I don’t think there’s anybody available

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I’m going to do highlights with commentary in the Monday, I know it’s not ideal to miss the first stream but I don’t know anybody who can and I don’t think there’s anybody available
That's fair enough Jack don't worry about it, besides any kind of exposure for the league is better then none at the end of the day.:)

BMTM_Shifter

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 24, 2019
was a fun race yesterday on Fuji.
not much to discuss, both races ended 8th.
although sprint race a lot of bumping was going on LOL.
think the guys upfront had a new tire compound; SS : Sticky softs LOL :cool:
Because I couldn't keep up even if i tried. When i went as fast as them i couldn't keep the car on track.
so this brings me to the next question.....

does your equipment influences your performance?
I know a lot of the Sim racers have Fanatec CLS with loadcel brake Or high end Thrustmaster. Me personally I use T150 Pro with the T3PA pedal set.
I am not an alien, but i am also not a noob.
I am very consistent but my lap times are always 1 or 2 sec of pace of the top 3.
so your opinion, when you are experienced (meaning consistent overall), does you equipment has influence on your performance?

Jackiid15

F1 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
When I did SF S1 (aka GTSL S6) I was using the G29 as Delaney is, while equipment can make a difference (I started out with a T80 and was a lot worse than I am now) being comfortable with your set-up is more important than what your set-up is, no point in having a £5000 SimRig if you're not comfortable with how it feels (i.e. FBB, Sensitivity etc.) as well as being comfortable with the car and track. I found that I was closer at tracks like Monza, Fuji and Kyoto last time we ran Super Formula and struggled at Sainte Croix, Autopolis and Nurburgring due to being more comfortable with the car on those tracks