PS4 - AOR SUPER FORMULA LEAGUE SEASON 2 Round 3 — Kyoto Combined II | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR SUPER FORMULA LEAGUE SEASON 2 Round 3 — Kyoto Combined II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
SF2_GTS_R3.jpg

Sign up | League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion |Results & Standings | Time Trial | Team & Livery | Gaming Kin stream

Event Information
  • Date: 13 October, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RM, RS (Feature) RS, RSS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 21 laps
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Fastest Qualifying
    • Sprint Race: 11 laps
    • Reverse grid based on Feature Race results
    • In game Rolling start
●Track Map
Kyoto Combined II.png

● Weather Conditions:
Clear

● In-game time-of-day:
19:00

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist and this time it's final:

1. @TubbyPhantom; PSN: RGD_Wraith; British, 11ms
  2. @Delaney; RoninGT-Delaney; Danish; TBA
  3. @BL99DY-NINE; PSN: BL99DY-NINE; American, 119ms
  4. @Meg1s; PSN: Communist_Minion; Finnish; 48ms
  5. @BMTM_Shifter; PSN: BMTM_Shifter; Belgian; 47ms
  6. @Ashracer2011, PSN: Ashracer2011; British; 17ms
  7. @beef_kirky; PSN: JayTKirk63; American, 114ms
  8. @Wobbuffet; PSN: Ragna_Kagari; English; 14ms

9. @Jackiid15; PSN: Pinkiiboii; Scottish; Commentator

Resigned:
Informed no show:

Reserve:

Uninformed no show:

NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Link to stream (You can also follow the link on top of the side):
Kyoto Stream Link

Results:
Qualifying
SF2_R3_Q.jpg

Feature
SF2_R3_F.jpg

Sprint
SF2_R3_S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just wanted to mention that I saw Trux & Kirk unfortunately disconnect early in the feature last week, I saw you guys rejoin the lobby and then leave/dsc again?

I would suggest if that happens to anyone tomorrow to stay and wait for the sprint (if you can rejoin the lobby), I know its not ideal but you can either take a break while you wait or watch Jacks stream, at least then you can still race in the sprint.

Anyway I got dsc'd before a while back and waited for the sprint and it was worth it.

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Unfortunately the original stream link only has 7 minutes of footage due to having to restart my encoder.

Here's the full coverage

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Temp. results and Standings are up. If no changes caused by incidents has occured within 48 from Race Finish, then this will stand.

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race report time, where the feature will surprisingly for once be considerably shorter then the sprint.

Qualy - Pole: Unlike Fuji I did my pole lap on my last lap basically, it was a very good lap and there wasn't much more on the table I thought, so if anyone beat I would have said hats of too them.

Feature - 1st: Had a good start and kept the lead but the first lap was a bit scrappy by me, but after I got upto speed and started getting into a rhythm I didn't look back and I had a very quiet race.
Each stint went well and when I had made my second stop around halfway I still had a very big lead and I knew it was just a case each lap of keeping my focus and not making a silly/careless mistake.

Which I did and with a few laps to go and still with a very comfortable gap over Tubby, I made a extra last stop just to try make sure that I got the FL as well and I did improved on the FL on the final lap and also won the race.

Sprint - 1st: Had a decent first lap and gained a couple places but then couldn't really do anything with the cars ahead, I made a early stop lap 3 as did Tubby and Kirk.
After we exited the pits I was still behind those 2 but managed to get ahead of Tubby with a good exit from T1, I then got ahead of Kirk at the 2nd tight hairpin later that lap.

Next lap I caught up to Delaney, Bl99dy & Minion battling away I managed to get ahead of Bl99dy and Minion within a few corners of each other, but then at the first hairpin I bumped into the rear of Delaney after braking slightly to late for the corner.

I waited for Delaney to recover but that cost me a position to Minion and then the same exact thing happened at the second hairpin, again I waited for Delaney to properly recover and again I lost another position to Tubby this time, at the end of that lap as I exited the last corner I somehow avoided Minion and Delaney's big contact on the start/finish straight, but I didn't have time to even think as Ash exited the pits just behind me a few seconds later, I then got T2 slightly wrong and that give him the chance to get ahead of me which left me 3rd.

The next couple laps I slowly started to catch the leader Tubby ahead (with Ash on his rear), at this point I made another stop and came out just behind Bl99dy. I was able to get ahead of him on the long fast right on the Miyabi section and then with clean air I started to finally reel in the front 2.

But Tubby then pitted that lap and that moved me upto 2nd with just Ash over 5 seconds ahead, with 3 laps to go I pushed hard to catch him and on lap 10 I got the gap down to around a second and half, I properly caught him by the first hairpin and began to try find a way past, and at the 2nd hairpin I was able to get by him.

After that I started to pull a gap and with no other issues I ended up winning the race. (and taking another FL as well)

Looking back at that night, Qualy set me up very nicely with my 2nd pole of the season and I honestly couldn't believe how well the feature went for me performance wise it was close to perfect (realistically), and towards the end of the feature I did realise I was heading for a 1st AOR 'grand chelem' and my stop for the FL was more about trying to secure the grand chelem, rather then the FL bonus point and to achieve it was definitely the icing on the cake.

As for the sprint again very happy with the result though less so with my performance in that race, I did pull off some good overtakes but I wasn't happy with myself for making contact with Delaney twice in the way that I did, it was pretty sloppy by me and I should have been a tad more careful especially after the first bump. (apologies once again for that in the sprint Delaney)
For once I slightly overestimated my braking point, but also underestimated the braking point for a driver on old/worn tyres which is the worst combo possible in that scenario, luckily though no major off happened to Delaney and I did the fair thing of waiting in both instances.

Have to admit at the time I thought that had cost me the chance of winning the race, yet somehow it all worked out in the end.

Anyway well done to Tubby and Bl99dy on there podiums in both races, and see you guys on sunday at a more familiar circuit for us all, Monza.

Status
Not open for further replies.