PS4 - AOR SUPER FORMULA LEAGUE SEASON 2 Round 5 — Autopolis International | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR SUPER FORMULA LEAGUE SEASON 2 Round 5 — Autopolis International

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
SF2_GTS_R5.jpg

Sign up | League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion |Results & Standings | Time Trial | Team & Livery | Gaming Kin stream

Event Information
  • Date: 10 November, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RM, RS (Feature) RS, RSS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 26 laps
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Fastest Qualifying
    • Sprint Race: 13 laps
    • Reverse grid based on Feature Race results
    • In game Rolling start
●Track Map
1024px-Autopolis.svg.png

● Weather Conditions:
Fine Weather

● In-game time-of-day:
12:00

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist and this time it's final:

1. @TubbyPhantom; PSN: RGD_Wraith; British, 11ms
  2. @Gareth Kirk; PSN: RGD_Gazmania; British, 25ms
  3. @BL99DY-NINE; PSN: BL99DY-NINE; American, 119ms
  4. @Meg1s; PSN: Communist_Minion; Finnish; 48ms
  5. @Wobbuffet; PSN: Ragna_Kagari; English; 14ms

6. @Jackiid15; PSN: Pinkiiboii; Scottish; Commentator

Resigned:
Informed no show:

Reserve:

Uninformed no show:

• @beef_kirky; PSN: JayTKirk63; American, 114ms (X) (X)

NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Link to stream (You can also follow the link on top of the side):

Results:
Qualifying
SF2_R5_Q.jpg

Feature
SF2_R5_F.jpg

Sprint
SF2_R5_S.jpg

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Oh man, I have a love/hate relation with this track. I do like a track to be challenging, but I just can't get to grips with this one.

Jackiid15

F1 Reserve Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Soooooo excited to call this one. This is one of the tracks on the calendar that makes me wish I was joining y'all on track (this and Kyoto were the two I'm most excited for). It's such a great track with these cars, especially when you hit the blind apex of T1 perfectly and get that amazing launch down to sector 2. Looking forward to watching you all follow the flow around here, just remember to watch your throttle application in the complex in sector 2 (T6 in particular), it's super easy to light up the rears and spin out if you're too quick onto the power, especially in the lower gears, short shift if you need too, we wanna see racing and not doughnuts. ;)
Most importantly enjoy yourselves, this track is much easier than it seems once you find your rhythm,
Good luck all, it's good to be back after two weeks off!

Last edited:

Jackiid15

F1 Reserve Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
I’d recommend Wraith since he’ll be in the chat if anything happens

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Can anyone check they are friends with me, as I might have deleted one or two people by accident. Got rid of people who no longer race with us and may have deleted some others by accident.

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
can't make it tonight as I'm away, thought I'd posted the other day to say for Super formula, have a good race.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Sorry for abandoning You guy's at such a late hour yesterday, but good to see that You managed without me.

Results and Standings has been updated.

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
My race report.

Qualy: 1st - Put together what felt a really good lap and it was good enough for pole.

Feature: 1st - Had a good start for a change but Minion had a slightly better one, I probably should've covered the inside for T1 but I didn't and Minion made a good move to take the lead.

Once things settled down after the opening laps I was content enough to just stay close to Minion, as getting close enough to attempt a overtake was nigh-on impossible with the dirty air, on lap 6 I decided to make my first stop and when Minion pitted a lap later I had done enough to get ahead with the undercut.

For the rest of that stint the gap between me & Minion stayed around 1.5 seconds, I made my second stop lap 13 as did Minion and I came out in 2nd behind Bl99dy, I caught him in a couple laps and waited until the start/finish straight before passing him to take back the lead.
I then started to build a gap and by the time I made my last stop I had enough of a lead that, I exited the pits still in the lead, it then became a case of just making sure I didn't make any errors and I did that to win the race, however I was denied the FL as well as Tubby nicked it off me, but I didn't really mind to be honest.:p

Sprint: 1st - I knew I would have to be very patient and it took me until lap 3 before I gained a place which also turned out to be my only overtake of the race on Minion exiting T11, after that it became a waiting game until pitstops but when Tubby & Bl99dy pitted on lap 5 I decided to change strategy and stay out, and then Gareth ahead & Minion behind me pitted the next lap it left me in the lead.

At this point I was losing a fair bit of time to the everyone behind but I expected it and I was now thinking when to pit, but as I finished lap 8 I noticed that Tubby in 2nd didn't seem to be catching me as quick as before and after keeping an eye on the gap during lap 9 I knew it was either now or never to pit, and with still around a 5 second lead I decided to gamble on not stopping.

As the next couple laps went by Tubby was still reeling me but because there were battling for position, the gap stabilised over the remaining laps and I was able to do enough to pull of the win.

Looking back at the night, it really surpassed my expectations as honestly before the start of the season this was the round I expected and feared would be my worst, I hate Autopolis as I find it a tight, twisty awkward little circuit with no flow or rhythm to it and the TT I did was no lie back then that was my genuine pace.
However the week before (during the second SF break week) I did about a hour practice to learn the track properly, and last week the hour and a half I put in between Friday & Saturday helped me and paid off big time in the end.

Lastly well done to Minion on his double podium and to Bl99dy & Tubby on there respective podiums.

Last edited:
Reactions: BL99DY-NINE