PS4 - AOR SUPER FORMULA LEAGUE SEASON 2 Round 6 — Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Finalé) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR SUPER FORMULA LEAGUE SEASON 2 Round 6 — Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Finalé)

Jackiid15

F1 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
SF2_GTS_R7.jpg

Sign up | League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion |Results & Standings | Time Trial | Team & Livery | Gaming Kin stream

Event Information
  • Date: 17 November, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RM, RS (Feature) RS, RSS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 21 laps
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Fastest Qualifying
    • Sprint Race: 11 laps
    • Reverse grid based on Feature Race results
    • In game Rolling start
●Track Map
Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

● Weather Conditions:
Cloudy

● In-game time-of-day:
11:00

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist and this time it's final:

1. @TubbyPhantom; PSN: RGD_Wraith; British, 11ms
  2. @Delaney; RoninGT-Delaney; Danish; TBA
  3. @Gareth Kirk; PSN: RGD_Gazmania; British, 25ms
  4. @BL99DY-NINE; PSN: BL99DY-NINE; American, 119ms
  5. @Meg1s; PSN: Communist_Minion; Finnish; 48ms
  6. @Ashracer2011, PSN: Ashracer2011; British; 17ms
  7. @beef_kirky; PSN: JayTKirk63; American, 114ms
  8. @Wobbuffet; PSN: Ragna_Kagari; English; 14ms

9. @Jackiid15; PSN: Pinkiiboii; Scottish; Commentator

Resigned:
Informed no show:

Reserve:

Uninformed no show:

NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Link to stream (You can also follow the link on top of the side):

Results:
Qualifying
SF2_R6_Q.jpg

Feature
SF2_R6_F.jpg

Sprint
SF2_R6_S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Delaney

Jackiid15

F1 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
@Delaney @BL99DY-NINE could one of you guys add the laps to the post? I forgot how many laps (assuming that the format isn’t changed like was being talked about in the Main Discussion thread)

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
ATTENTION:
Due to several factors beyond our control this round is highly likely to change and will be the final round for this season. We thank everyone who participated and hope to see you all on track again sometime in the future :)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Ok hoping we get a official decision announced within the next 24 hours. (or end of Thursday night on this)

Will add I don't mind if we have just one more round (with the final round this sunday instead), my track choice vote/preference would be Spa, simply because the league hasn't raced there before.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Looking through the event info calendar has 11:00 cloudy as 'in game time of day'

Also I had a quick drive around here earlier, I would suggest changing the amount of laps for the Feature and Sprint this sunday from 23 & 12 to 21 & 11, as laps take just under 2 mins in the SF here.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Looking through the event info calendar has 11:00 cloudy as 'in game time of day'

Also I had a quick drive around here earlier, I would suggest changing the amount of laps for the Feature and Sprint this sunday from 23 & 12 to 21 & 11, as laps take just under 2 mins in the SF here.
I'm making up for the short lapped RBR race :LOL: (yeah I'll change that)

• Funny
Reactions: Jackiid15

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Will be touch and go to get back for this, I'm in London right now, so if all goes well tomorrow I will be on the fringe of making it. Will update you tomorrow as I go. Would love to race at spa, even though I haven't done anything on it. I bet it's great in these cars.

Reactions: Jackiid15

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@BL99DY-NINE, @Delaney & @Jackiid15

Considering its the last round and Tubby is touch and go of being able to race tonight, I would like to put forward the suggestion to everyone of starting qualifying instead at 8:15pm (30mins later).

I know having a delay of 30 mins might not suit everyone and needs to also be agreed by pretty much everyone else, but it would give Tubby a bigger window to make tonight and it would be nice to race to finish the season with as many drivers as possible.

Also worth mentioning I feel as a sidenote is the F1 race at Brazil, it starts at 5:10pm (UK time) so having a later start tonight wouldn't be a bad thing, just incase the F1 race takes longer then expected.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016

Considering its the last round and Tubby is touch and go of being able to race tonight, I would like to put forward the suggestion to everyone of starting qualifying instead at 8:15pm (30mins later).

I know having a delay of 30 mins might not suit everyone and needs to also be agreed by pretty much everyone else, but it would give Tubby a bigger window to make tonight and it would be nice to race to finish the season with as many drivers as possible.

Also worth mentioning I feel as a sidenote is the F1 race at Brazil, it starts at 5:10pm (UK time) so having a later start tonight wouldn't be a bad thing, just incase the F1 race takes longer then expected.
I have to say that, as much as I’d love to not limit the number racing tonight, if We are to start any later than it is, I’ll have to resign. As You all know Denmark is an hour ahead and I have to get up 05.45 am, so I’m already stretching it as it is.

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
I have to say that, as much as I’d love to not limit the number racing tonight, if We are to start any later than it is, I’ll have to resign. As You all know Denmark is an hour ahead and I have to get up 05.45 am, so I’m already stretching it as it is.
I think just leave it as it is. There's a 50/50 chance for me, but I need no delays to happen. Not worth risking starting later and losing @Delaney.

Jackiid15

F1 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
I think just leave it as it is. There's a 50/50 chance for me, but I need no delays to happen. Not worth risking starting later and losing @Delaney.

Had I seen this before the others replied I would have been onboard for it
But 30 minutes might be too long a wait, I’d of said 10-15 minutes max

Jackiid15

F1 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Just feel like pointing out that the track map here is outdated, if memory serves, Fagnes is now called Campus XD

Edit: both me and the map are wrong.
T12 is Fagnes and T13 is Campus

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Firstly congrats to Ragnor for the championship, a bit of a shame there wasn't more people in the final race. Hopefully the improvements in the pipeline will reorganise the league into something that attracts and keeps a healthy number of drivers.

On to the race:

After waiting for the updates to install for PS and then GT, I made it this week... Pole was nice to get considering i've not touched this game in over a month, Spa a familiar track from many years of F1 & GT so not to much to learn. After a few laps of pre-race lobby practice I felt comfortable with the track, I was surprised with my first lap in qualifying managed to feel very comfortable with the car, not quite on the limit with the limited practice but okay enough.... I hit most of the apex's and kept good momentum for a 1.52.4 which I was surprised to be fastest by 1s to Communist_minion,I did a few more practice laps during the qually before making one final attempt to improve; I managed to keep gaining around the track despite not quite nailing every section... I lost a big chunk in the final chicane which probably would of put me below a 1.52s but I still managed to improve by a tenth on the final go. Minion managed to improve into the 1.52.7s on his final run to take P2 with Ragnor P3, Bloody P4 & Delaney P5.

Race: Strange understeer and lack of grip problem occured, I felt from the start that my car didn't have much grip as I pulled away there wasn't much of a launch forward and everyone seemed to come past me almost, for the next 5 laps I was going backwards with pace and tyre wear, extremely strange feeling of nearly going off at every corner despite going significantly slower than normal. I pitted and this seemed to fix the problem from that point on but by then the time damage was done.

Race 2: Same problem from the start, understeer and lack of grip **Yawn**, almost as if my car is on wets or another tyre type, very odd. Again pitting fixed the problem, by then I'd got bored of trying to drive around the problem and drove into a wall head first as I was bored , pitted a few times to try new tyres and resetting the wheel to see if I could get the problem to reoccur **Yawn.**

Really the only bit I enjoyed was the qualifying and a little ding dong with @BL99DY-NINE, Sorry for the unintended contact and pitstop also but I didn't see you until we both tried to turn in opposite directions which met in the middle, 0.5 laps of fuel left I kind of needed to go the pits. :poop:

As for the understeer grip problems, apparently there might be a bug:unsure:, I have seen the tyre bug when you pit on softs change to mediums but you come out and it says soft tyres still on the car, maybe this is something connected but from the race start??, either way it's pretty crappy and it makes me just want to not bother with the game, whether its wheel type related or something who knows, they'll probably continue to ignore it if its logitech anyway. Shame really.

Qually Lap Video:

Big thanks to our GT Team (Delaney & Bloody) & Commentator (Jack), it's been a tough few months on the GT section but I have faith there is a plan to recover to a more fun and healthy league platform by getting back to basics.

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings has been updated

Congratulations to Ragna_Kagari (aka @Wobbuffet ) on his undisputed 1st's in both this last race an the season as a whole. You were flying this season. Also congratulations to @BL99DY-NINE and Communist Minion (aka @Meg1s ) on You podiums in both the last race and the season.
Last, but not least, congratulations to Team RGD for their championship, even if they missed the last race.