AOR SUPER GT ELITE S1 ROUND 4: NÜRBURGRING GP [02/07/18 8PM UK TIME] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR SUPER GT ELITE S1 ROUND 4: NÜRBURGRING GP [02/07/18 8PM UK TIME]

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I wasn't too sure on the ruling of T4 before the session started tbh, I'm sure we all extended it a few times at least. But I do think that if we do the track again that it should be illegal. It was pretty tricky keeping in the white lines with worn tyres, I had a lot more fun than I expected to have too, I was expecting a super boring on my own at the back of the points race.

Looking forward to the next two races though, Yamagiwa is probably my favourite fictional track and Suzuka is a classic.

Something that I've seen in I think Semi Pro, apparently people are losing interest? Honestly I think its due to lack of variety in cars and strategy. I understand that this is a SuperGT league, but what would people think of a Gr4 league instead until (if) there are more Gr2 cars? Loads of variety, a really nice BOP right now except for the new Megane being slightly too good and loads of different ways to complete a race in terms of fuel and tyres. Plus, slower cars mean better and closer racing imo. Not something that I would want to force on people, but I think it would improve the league. Hell, even a mix between Gr4, Gr3 and Gr2 and have 3 races of each with a Gr1 race at Le Mans for the tenth and final race.

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
Qualifying: 1st - Very happy with the lap, feel like I got all 3 sectors really hooked up.

Race: 1st - Looked very close between the top 4 at the start, but then once they started battling each other I was finally able to build a decent gap before our first stops & after that was just pacing myself up until the chequered flag.

Another perfect result so couldn't be happier, knew I should have remained sceptical when some people wrongly declared that I had wrapped up the title xD oh well as long as next goes smoothly then hopefully it'll just be a formality, well done to @West408 & @Solenx86 for getting on the podium again.

Reactions: West408

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Something that I've seen in I think Semi Pro, apparently people are losing interest? Honestly I think its due to lack of variety in cars and strategy. I understand that this is a SuperGT league, but what would people think of a Gr4 league instead until (if) there are more Gr2 cars? Loads of variety, a really nice BOP right now except for the new Megane being slightly too good and loads of different ways to complete a race in terms of fuel and tyres. Plus, slower cars mean better and closer racing imo. Not something that I would want to force on people, but I think it would improve the league. Hell, even a mix between Gr4, Gr3 and Gr2 and have 3 races of each with a Gr1 race at Le Mans for the tenth and final race.
Your right Browny, We have had a drop of interest in both Pro and SemiPro, At Nürburgsring We could have Jones the two to fil the grid and that is not satisfactory. There has been talk of my management, I'll try to up my game a bit next time. But in general SemiPro tiers have always been driven a bit more by the social aspects and that's hard when We are 4-5 guy's up there and the rest cannot keep up. Back in the old days You could keep people interrested by merely talking with them and making them feel at home.
When We were planning this Series, We were talking about Gr3 and 4, but ended up with the Gr.2 to do something different than what the other Leagues are doing. We'll see about the next series

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Yeahh i didn't quite mean to do that, was seeing if I could brake a little later and ended up making it into a divebomb.
While I do get annoyed when I get divebombed I don't mind as much when its at least controlled by the other driver, anyway your actions Green likely avoided making contact with me (ie: hitting me in the rear).

I wasn't too sure on the ruling of T4 before the session started tbh, I'm sure we all extended it a few times at least. But I do think that if we do the track again that it should be illegal. It was pretty tricky keeping in the white lines with worn tyres,
To be honest I wasn't sure what the ruling was with the exit of T4 either I tried to just keep 2 wheels inside the white line on the exit but there probably was occasions when I had all 4 outside, I hope if theres a corner like that again in the remaining 2 races we can have it clarified by the co-ords as to what line is allowed.

I think I raised the point about strategy (or the lack of) in these races during the break week a couple weeks ago.
Its been pretty much the same for everyone, supersofts always used, same amount of stops for everyone (in general) and fuel mix at 1 all the time. (unless underfueled)

If your sticking with Gr2 then there has to be big changes to the fuel & tyre wear modifiers. (I will add though that tyre wear seems a bit higher then it was at the start of the season - probably due to the update last month)

But if your looking at going to Gr3/Gr4 then theres still the need of higher fuel & tyre wear (which needs testing), as x2 currently makes these 1 hour races an all out sprint basically, strategy and fuel management at the moment is a secondary consideration.