AOR SUPER GT ELITE S1 ROUND 5: Kyoto Yamagiwa [09/07/18 8PM UK TIME] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR SUPER GT ELITE S1 ROUND 5: Kyoto Yamagiwa [09/07/18 8PM UK TIME]

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016

Round 5 - Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa
Event Information
● Date: 9th July 2018
● Lobby Opens: 7:45PM (UK Time)
● Event Starts: 8:00PM (UK Time)
● Event Format

-Qualifying: 15 Minutes
-Race: 60 Minutes

Track Map

Weather Conditions:
-Sunny

In-game time-of-day:
05:00 AM

Manual Rolling Start Information:
● Formation Point

FORMATION POINT YA.jpg

● Acceleration Zone
ACCELERATION ZONE YA.jpg

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
@F4H_Jake what was that in qualifying? I was up half a second, potentially on for pole and you start the game at 14 minutes? Cost me at least a 2nd and then because of that I lost a position at the start due to the unfairness of starting 2nd after Jamie decided to not be on pole.
Then we couldn't save our replays? This is supposed to be a top tier race, that was awful hosting.

LJM_Stevo

Pro Karter
May 16, 2018
@F4H_Jake that was really poor hosting. You ended qualy 20 seconds early and didn’t give us chance to save the race.

And if people are deciding to leave mid race then there’s no point turning up. Normally finishing 5th for me would be a good thing as I’m not the 5th fastest in this tier but when so many cannot (be a**ed) to turn up then it’s a bit of a downer (some may have had valid reasons to not be here but not everyone). Bit of a rant but it needed saying.

Congrats to @jamie-995 for winning the championship but it was a bit naughty to pull over at the start which caused mass confusion

F4H_Jake

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 28, 2016
@F4H_Jake what was that in qualifying? I was up half a second, potentially on for pole and you start the game at 14 minutes? Cost me at least a 2nd and then because of that I lost a position at the start due to the unfairness of starting 2nd after Jamie decided to not be on pole.
Then we couldn't save our replays? This is supposed to be a top tier race, that was awful hosting.
Yeah I’m terribly sorry. I got my timing wrong on the qualifying and I completely forgot about the saving replay. It was fairly last minute for me to host so everything was confusing at first. I will never host again don’t worry about that.

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
@F4H_Jake that was really poor hosting. You ended qualy 20 seconds early and didn’t give us chance to save the race.

And if people are deciding to leave mid race then there’s no point turning up. Normally finishing 5th for me would be a good thing as I’m not the 5th fastest in this tier but when so many cannot (be a**ed) to turn up then it’s a bit of a downer (some may have had valid reasons to not be here but not everyone). Bit of a rant but it needed saying.

Congrats to @jamie-995 for winning the championship but it was a bit naughty to pull over at the start which caused mass confusion
Yep sorry, guess I should have said something before quali started, i'll remember to do that in future (if there is a season 2), just wanted to have some fun in the race if I did get that crucial point in qualifying.

West408

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
Sorry if I screwed the start but didn’t expect to get the pole, cause of the early start when Jamie stopped I though there would be a restart. Anyway, think i hit the pedal a few meters to early, a new experience for me but fortunately I had the pace so I dont feel like it made any difference.

Congrats @jamie-995, I didn’t have the pace on worn tires to challenge your 2 stopper! I need to learn better tire management?

Reactions: jamie-995

TNR_FILO

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2016
Can i have a permanent spot, or are the 16 still locked in? only 9 of the 16 drivers showed up? No point it practicing when you're more than likely not going to be able to race.
@jamie-995 why did you pull over at the start?
oh and just a question, but why are wall collision penalties on?

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Congrats to @jamie-995 on the title, never in doubt tbh, even pre-season I knew you would have won it ;)

Not gonna lie though, I feel like I was robbed of a 2nd place today because of the qualifying **** up, I didn't have the raw pace to beat the others, but I was forced into undercutting after being unfairly overtaken because 2nd place is the absolute worst position you can start in. (this needs to be changed for next season)
Not too upset though, I had reasonable pace, still slightly shy of the top guys but I feel like I can keep up on a good day.

Here's the championship if anyone cares.
aor race 5.png

LJM_Stevo

Pro Karter
May 16, 2018
Can i have a permanent spot, or are the 16 still locked in? only 9 of the 16 drivers showed up? No point it practicing when you're more than likely not going to be able to race.
I think you should as some cannot make it or be bothered showing up anymore. Obviously not up to me but I think you should

Reactions: TNR_FILO

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Firstly big congrats to @jamie-995 on the championship, he's the class of the field this season no doubt about that.

Very frustrated with my race result as I should have finished 6th, but because of one major error at T6 (the very quick left hander - on lap 19 I think it was) I ended up losing control and spinning out costing me 12 seconds and to make matters worse I got a 10 second time penalty for it as I hit the wall twice during my spin, it dropped me to last and I then had a minor error several laps later (I think) when I got it slightly wrong at T8 & T9 (the slow left corner then right) I took a bit to much curb and went off and slightly hit the wall gaining another 5 second time penalty (putting me upto 15 seconds) and then to totally take the biscuit the penalty clock started to add time on so I had to come to a stop for 4 - 5 seconds just to stop it continuously adding time.

After all was said and done with half the race still to go, I still had about 12 seconds of time penalties (from the wall collisions) and I found myself 10 seconds behind Vajb, at that point I was very close to just cruising for the rest of the race but I thought fúck it lets push and see what happens, and I managed to eventually close down Vajb and beat him for 7th.

But with still 10 seconds of time pens I got demoted but I wasn't worried as I thought I would be able to successfully appeal it in the stewards, but for whatever reason I discovered my video recording of the race didn't happen, (despite having no problems the last 3 races with it) and just when I was about to save the race replay @F4H_Jake closes the lobby, to say I was unimpressed with this is an understatement!

As I can't appeal my bullshit time penalty, it means the effort I put in to take 7th is absolutely worthless now unless someone managed to save the race replay.:angelic:

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
I just thought that since the title was definitely wrapped up after qualifying, it would be fun to give myself the almost impossible task of trying to go from last to first in the race, as well as making the fight for the victory wide open, fair to say it worked out :D

Reactions: TNR_FILO

TNR_FILO

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2016
I just thought that since the title was definitely wrapped up after qualifying, it would be fun to give myself the almost impossible task of trying to go from last to first in the race, as well as making the fight for the victory wide open, fair to say it worked out :D
try it again, you won't ;)