AOR SUPER GT ELITE S1 ROUND 6: SUZUKA GP [16/07/18 8PM UK TIME] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR SUPER GT ELITE S1 ROUND 6: SUZUKA GP [16/07/18 8PM UK TIME]

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016

Round 6 SUZUKA GP
Event Information
● Date: 16th July 2018
● Lobby Opens: 7:45PM (UK Time)
● Event Starts: 8:00PM (UK Time)
● Event Format

-Qualifying: 15 Minutes
-Race: 60 Minutes

Track Map

Weather Conditions:
-Fine Weather

In-game time-of-day:
14.30 (2.30 pm)

Manual Rolling Start Information:

● Formation Point
FORMATION POINT SU.jpg

● Acceleration Zone
ACCELERATION ZONE SU.jpg

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I have no expectations for tonight, but hoping to finish the season with a entertaining race.

By the way I just see small black squares with white X's inside for the formation and acceleration points, I'm guessing the formation point is near 130R and the acceleration zone is from the 1st start/finish line to the 2nd one? (where the grid originally starts)

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
I have no expectations for tonight, but hoping to finish the season with a entertaining race.

By the way I just see small black squares with white X's inside for the formation and acceleration points, I'm guessing the formation point is near 130R and the acceleration zone is from the 1st start/finish line to the 2nd one? (where the grid originally starts)
I've updated them, hopefully you can see them now

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
That was fun!

Great fun battling my way back up after a spin, and also the initial absolutely classic x Shuffle move of starting P2 and then forgetting to turn the engine back up to full power and getting absolutely swamped hahaha

Last edited:

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Pace wasn't that bad before hand. Poor qualy, got caught up in traffic early on and bumped off the road. From there I gave up really, spun a million times due to lack of concentration but just completed the race to get the point. Jumping on an hour before each of the 4 races I did and hoping to do well was probably not realistic but it was a bit of fun anyway. Congrats to Jamie on a dominant season.

Reactions: jamie-995

LJM_Stevo

Pro Karter
May 16, 2018
Would have never expected starting and finishing 3rd. I did no race sims apart from a 20 minute run on 100% fuel just before the lobby opened. Qualifying, I put my best lap since starting practice for this week and then the race was straightforward really as there was a big fight behind me. Was even racing Jamie at one point. It was an honour while it lasted ?

Reactions: jamie-995

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Not gonna lie, I am awful in these cars. All season they've just felt so slippery under braking and never once had confidence to push during a race. One lap pace is fine, so I've obviously got potential, but I can't keep with it throughout an hour. Maybe more practice is needed if they're still used next season :p

Very happy with getting no penalties at all throughout the season and finishing P3 overall though, I'm definitely not the 3rd fastest person in the league but consistency pays off as usual for me. Hopefully I can actually fight for more podiums and maybe wins next season, but we will see.

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
My highlights from the final race for Season 1. Hopefully it stays as Gr.2 for next season, planning to switch to the Honda :D

Well done to @West408 & @LJM_Stevo on their podiums :D

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Didn't do to much practice before only about an hour and most of that was on the day, but my lack of practice didn't hurt me to much as I had my best race performance of the season which helped get me my best result of the season.

Despite only qualifying 9th it was a pretty good qualy for me to be honest, I did a 1:47.9 (I think) and that was only a tenth off my optimal in the session.

As for the race the opening laps weren't great for me once again, I just seem to lack pace in the opening stint again and its been a common theme for me this season, I don't know why it kept happening but I just had to get on with it, I made an early stop and it definitely helped me I ended up in 6th I think it was after the first stops were made but I did pay the price for my early stop a few laps later and I pretty much let the 2 drivers behind pass me as there was no point fighting them.

At this point I decided to change to a 3 stopper and I had a lot more fun as a result (and at one point I even set a purple sector 1!o_O), once again after the cycle of stops had been made I somehow found myself in a net 4th (the highest position I've ever been during a race this season), but as the saying going all good things must come to an end and when I made my last stop I dropped down to 8th which was better then I thought I was going to be at that point.

Anyway for the remaining laps I just pushed as much as I could and I was gaining on the group of 3 drivers in front but probably not quick enough to catch them, but with a couple laps to go I saw a recovering @F4H_Green just before the star finish line and I drove past him for 7th, but then I made a bit of error at degner 2 and Green got straight back past me, he was obviously struggling with his tyres and I was all over him for the last lap but as it said he had a penalty above him, I knew I didn't need to risk doing a stupid overtake/divebomb but it still a fun little battle at the end, Green pulled over and slowed down as we approached the finish line and that let me get 7th.

It was the second race where I hadn't had an costly off-road excursion at some point, though I had a few minor errors that probably cost me in total around 5/6 seconds in the race but I ain't complaining.

Still this race was a good way to end the season for me, after the first 2 races I was genuinely fearing I could end up pointless, but after finding out my controller issue I guess unsurprisingly for the rest of the season I could challenge for points, obviously the last 4 races saw slightly lower attendances (which probably helped me finish the season with 4 points finish in a row) but I do feel that I was getting closer pace wise each race to joining the midfield battle properly.

I'm not 100% sure where I finished in the championship but one thing I do know for sure is I won the most important honours of the season, who cares about @jamie-995 winning all 6 races as I won the Honda championship!:smuggrin::lol::p
(Though seriously hats of to you Jamie - clean sweep of the season that's one hell of an achievement.)

God that NSX I ain't going to miss it (apart from my livery) but that car was absolutely dire at handling driving over kerbs, be careful Jamie you might just have your hands full at times next season, oh and has it been mentioned it has the worst straight line speed and lowest bhp.:wtf:
But hey - ENJOY!!!

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
By my calculations, @Wobbuffet, you finished 11th in the championship. I don't know who finished 8th to 10th in the race, but you ended up with 10 points + whatever you got on Monday, and the current 11th place was on 12 points and they didn't finish the race.

Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
By my calculations, @Wobbuffet, you finished 11th in the championship. I don't know who finished 8th to 10th in the race, but you ended up with 10 points + whatever you got on Monday, and the current 11th place was on 12 points and they didn't finish the race.
I had a feeling I was 11th, still a lot better then where I thought I was going to finish after the first 2 races, I'm curious about the rest of the championship standings, when will they done @F4H_Green?

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
I had a feeling I was 11th, still a lot better then where I thought I was going to finish after the first 2 races, I'm curious about the rest of the championship standings, when will they done @F4H_Green?
All done now :) was trying to source better R5 results but had to make do in the end.

Reactions: Wobbuffet

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
All done now :) was trying to source better R5 results but had to make do in the end.
Just so you know, I beat Frisky after his penalty in Brands. Not a biggy but it makes Solenx beat him overall on count back.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Just so you know, I beat Frisky after his penalty in Brands. Not a biggy but it makes Solenx beat him overall on count back.
Ah I see, thank you for letting me know. I didn't have race times for half the people there so tried to estimate. I'll change that now.