AOR SUPER GT S1 PRO ROUND 3: Brands Hatch GP (18/06/18 8PM UK TIME) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR SUPER GT S1 PRO ROUND 3: Brands Hatch GP (18/06/18 8PM UK TIME)

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016

Round 3 -
BRANDS HATCH GP
Event Information
● Date: 18th June 2018
● Lobby Opens: 7:45PM (UK Time)
● Event Starts: 8:00PM (UK Time)
● Event Format

-Qualifying: 15 Minutes
-Race: 60 Minutes

Track Map

Weather Conditions:
-Fine Weather

In-game time-of-day:
-11:30

Manual Rolling Start Information:
● Formation Point

FORMATION POINT BH.jpg

● Acceleration Zone
ACCELERATION ZONE BH.jpg

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Informed No-Shows:
@--VAGlenn--
@msvance23

Last edited:

BearTaiko

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2017
Due to connection problems and to avoid generating problems, I would not be present for this race and the rest of the championship.
I tried to find a solution, but nothing work.

Have a good race

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
What's the formation point and acceleration zone for this one?

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
I have been trying to fix my wheel, but it has given up. I don't have the cash to buy a new one at the moment.

I won't race on a pad as it's no fun. I might have a new wheel for the last round, but I will have to drop out until then. Gutted but that's the way it goes.

@Bankai_Bullett @HRacingGreen

cbckly917

Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
I'd like to apologize for suddenly not showing up for Race 3. Internet had a meltdown 10 minutes before lobby would've opened and in the ensuing chaos (my mother works from home so her and I both got screwed) I was only able to message the PS Chat after the fact. If the technical issues continue I'll withdraw from the league, I don't want to be taking away a spot from someone who can consistently show up.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P1
I've got to start off with an apology for qualifying the first time around. What happened was that I was about notify that there was 6 mins left in quali but instead of clicking 'Start Chat', I clicked 'Race Start' that was my mistake, I take full responsibility for it, thank you all for co operating as well.
For the actual qualifying, in the first run, my pace was about where I expected it to be; in the low 15s but was surprised to be first at that point. Second run I pulled out a personal best better than anything I'd done in practice so was pleasantly surprised with that lap and that gave me pole position.

Race - P1
I didn't notice straight away but for the first couple of laps I was in fuel mix 2, probably cos I used it so much in practice and was more consistent with it that I just had it in the back of mind to be in mix 2. Once I put it back to 1 I pulled a second on Zonander on that lap cos I think he might have made a mistake or something. The gap was fluctuating around a second for basically the rest of the stint.
Near the end of the stint, I made a mistake as I touched the grass on the exit of Graham Hill Bend and went into the opposite wall. Luckily didn't lose too much time but I went down to 2nd.
On the lap after Zonander pitted I made a mistake at Sheene's and went off on the grass, cost me about 5s, I decided to take another lap before pitting as I knew the overcut hadn't and might as well just try and have fresher tyres later. I came out about 7s behind him and my pace after that pitstop was great, I was gaining quite quickly and about halfway through the stint he made a mistake out of Surtees and I caught right back upto him. At that point I decided to put the fuel down to 2 and take it easy behind him as there was still a decent amount of the race to go.
He came in quite early and didn't put much fuel in so I assumed he was on a 3 stop which was a bit of a relief as it gave me a bit of breathing space and I knew that all I had to do was keep on the track with a reasonable pace. I came in with about 20 mins left and was about 7s behind. The gap remained constant until he pitted for the last time. he came out about 13s behind but at that point had some amazing pace and cut down that gap like it was nothing.
On the penultimate lap, he gained about 2s and was only 2s behind going onto the last lap, I was starting to panic a little but luckily managed to keep it on the tarmac and just about bring it home in first place.
A nice way to mark one year of league racing with a grand slam.
Well done to @Zonander_ who pushed me all the way and @wisok on their podiums.

Race highlights:

Brands Hatch seems to be the only track I can win at on this game haven't won anywhere else in terms of competitive online racing

Shame about the turnout for this one, I can understand why with the issues from the first 2 races and the World Cup being on and some unfortunate individual problems but it would be nice if more of you could show up next week

Reactions: FOGGY #7

cbckly917

Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
Got a new router from my internet provider which should (fingers crossed) fix the issues i've been having, plus a PS4 Pro potentially before the week is over.

• Clever
Reactions: Delaney

cbckly917

Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
2016 master race, haha. Primary reason for the Pro being that for a few of my other games, my OG PS4 is having severe overheating issues (this is after disassembly, cleaning and new thermal compound), so I think it's time to retire it.