Not open for further replies.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
AOR GTSport Banner (2).png

AOR Gran Turismo Super GT Season 1
Driver Tier Placements

Hello to all drivers, and welcome to the Driver Placements for Season 1 of GTSport Super GT here on AOR.

In a similar fashion to Project Cars leagues, we have separated the drivers into 3 tiers, primarily in order of speed in the recent Time Trial event, as well as an element of background knowledge of our drivers. These tiers are marked Elite, Pro and Semi-Pro, in order of speed (Elite is fastest, and so on). Due to an excessive number of signups, we have had to use one reserve for each tier, and the decision of who would be reserve was performed on the basis of sign-up date, therefore those that were last to signup in their respective tier will be a reserve. It is unfortunate that this is the case, but hopefully everybody gets to race at some point this season.

The GTSport Team will be keeping an eye on the tiers as the season progresses, and will alter the drivers in each tier accordingly if we feel someone has been misplaced. Each tier will be assigned at last one co-ordinator, and we will be contacting some drivers in tiers without a co-ordinator about taking up this position.

If we have missed anybody in these placements, please accept our apology and contact us; we will do our best to correct things.

GTSPort Placements.jpg

FOR THOSE INTERESTED, HERE IS THE ORDER OF TIMES

Last edited:

Sabba7h

F1 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I'm curious to know what the top guys in Pro and Semi Pro, and the guys in Elite, drove in the time trials.

Sabba7h

F1 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
In case anyone else is interested for the sake of finding out which car is better, here's a list of the fastest driver from each tier and the car they drove:
  • Fastest for Elite tier: @Browneskiii
    • Car driven: Lexus RC-F
  • Fastest for Pro tier: @Gabri04Martin
  • Fastest for Semi-Pro tier: @F1fan15
    • Car driven: Nissan GT-R
So it seems the RC-F is the best car, at Interlagos anyways

Ah no, I forgot to add that tiers in the photo are in signup order, not pace, I will release the spreadsheet for speed in a moment.
So disregard this post then, we'll see who was the fastest soon enough

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
What was the cut off for the Elite tier?
Looking at the sheet, you are the fastest time in Tier 2, there is less than a tenth in it. It was very close and very tricky decision to make to choose where to put people when the field is so close.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
In case anyone else is interested for the sake of finding out which car is better, here's a list of the fastest driver from each tier and the car they drove:
Ah no, I forgot to add that tiers in the photo are in signup order, not pace, I will release the spreadsheet for speed in a moment.

Reactions: Sabba7h

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
So it seems the RC-F is the best car, at Interlagos anyways
Lexus is stable af at Interlagos.
The GT-R was a little wayward for me... and I didn't even try the NSX lol

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
What was the cut off for the Elite tier?
I did try to warn you that the cutoff was going to be around a 22.3 so I thought you'd try to go a bit quicker :p

Crazy fast tier considering the fastest was 21.6 and the slowest was 22.3. Add pressure that makes you even quicker into it and this is gonna be whoever can be the most consistent that comes out on top. Looking forward to it ;)

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Well the NSX felt stable as well, at least with the setup I was using. Anyways that is based on signup order according to @HRacingGreen so I basically cancelled the entire post lol.
I didn't bother with a setup... since it's a default setup league. Probably why it felt different lol

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Tuning prohibited does indeed mean you can't use a setup, however, as said in the TT Thread OP, you're free to use a setup in the event as there's nothing we can do to stop you. It was advised you didn't use a setup but it really doesn't matter, no need to do it again.

Sabba7h

F1 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Tuning prohibited does indeed mean you can't use a setup, however, as said in the TT Thread OP, you're free to use a setup in the event as there's nothing we can do to stop you. It was advised you didn't use a setup but it really doesn't matter, no need to do it again.
Oh alright, good to know.

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
I did try to warn you that the cutoff was going to be around a 22.3 so I thought you'd try to go a bit quicker :p

Crazy fast tier considering the fastest was 21.6 and the slowest was 22.3. Add pressure that makes you even quicker into it and this is gonna be whoever can be the most consistent that comes out on top. Looking forward to it ;)

To be fair that lap time was my limit, so in the right tier. And I travel a bit with work so not sure I could practice enough to keep up with the top tier guys!

Either way I am just looking forward to league racing again!

Reactions: ItzFrisky_CJ

Sabba7h

F1 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Holy crap, I was the fastest driver in Semi-Pro by 3 tenths?! What would have been the difference if I hadn't used a setup? I need to find out right now

Status
Not open for further replies.